Isaiah Stanback breaks down film

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I guess it depends on what metric you’re using to judge them. If it’s regular season wins, he’s been above average in that time. If it’s a championship he falls short, but then so does every other 40M+ qb except Stafford since he won the SB. If it’s stats, I would say his stats are top 10 in that timeframe. So that’s where I was getting the notion that he’s been comparable to his peers

I haven’t looked at them recently but I’m surprised to hear that Dak’s stats are top 10.

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stanback is doing a good job of becoming a media guy. Maybe the best local Dallas area media guy in terms of analysis. He did the preseason broadcasts this year.

Most fans can't grasp the concept that a QB is dependent on the receiver's route. This is especially true on deeper passes because the receiver moves a significant distance between start of pass and ball arrival.

It would be nice to have a simulator that would show what happens if receivers had slightly altered their route relative to the actual route that they ran.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make the throw ahead of time expecting the WR to be there. QB will release the pass at the top of the rout as the WR breaks the ball should be there.
Yes and at the top of the route he should have seen the safety. He did the same twice against Detroit fortunately the DBs had butter fingers

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
At some point y’all are gonna have to stop this. People on top of people who breakdown film all keep coming to the same conclusion that ceedee botched this route and if he had ran it correctly this play hits for a huge gainer. We coulda got 3 more points right before half. Ceedee needs to be better next time

What the heck does Stanback, a guy who played QB in college and WR in the NFL, know about it? :muttley:

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what Dez was famous for:

1. Rounding off routes
2. Cutting routes short to leave the QB out to dry
3. Dropping balls

Next up for CeeDee is to become a cancer and he'll hit the Quadfecta.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
cool. Now I can take 5 minutes and find a dozen film gurus on YouTube that all place the blame on ceedee. Like this breakdown here for example. Skip to 3:50

So you basically want to pick and choose the videos that put the blame on the receiver as opposed to the one that places the blame on both?

Typical

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I thought it was dak too but I'm not going against former players for Bob Sturm lol
I dont mess with Sturm either (dude is sensitive and muted me on twitter lol), but

1. his initial response was to Moose who on the broadcast said Ceedee shouldve broken up that pass, not that it was a lazy route

2. Dak himself took the blame for that decision. And i dont want to hear the excuse of “hes the leader, hes supposed to say that” because Dak has thrown other people under the bus all the time. Last year against the Saints, Ceedee messed up and took blame in the PC

3. Look where Dak threw the ball. Doesnt look like a throw from a QB thinking his WR was running a deep-IN to me

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Stanback is doing a good job of becoming a media guy. Maybe the best local Dallas area media guy in terms of analysis. He did the preseason broadcasts this year.

Most fans can't grasp the concept that a QB is dependent on the receiver's route. This is especially true on deeper passes because the receiver moves a significant distance between start of pass and ball arrival.

It would be nice to have a simulator that would show what happens if receivers had slightly altered their route relative to the actual route that they ran.
He makes it fun too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
we all saw it after the first replay dak haters wont let it go..CEEDEE ran a bad route not only did he drift he slowed up, see his hesitation before his break... thats on him, Patrick Crayton like.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

1. Rounding off routes
3. Dropping balls

There's some similar body language signs too. Especially when things aren't going perfect.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
we all saw it after the first replay dak haters wont let it go..CEEDEE ran a bad route not only did he drift he slowed up, see his hesitation before his break... thats on him, Patrick Crayton like.
He doesn't go and get the contested passes either. Maybe that will come.

blueblood70

Reaction score

1. Rounding off routes
3. Dropping balls

and yet Dez had 3 seasons in row all ELITE has 75 tds dude was a playmaker. he was not famous for that list, that fan list, he was famous for running tough, fighting for balls, he would have lit that safety up at the point of the ball, if he couldn't get it he would have become the defender.

Dre11

Reaction score
cool. Now I can take 5 minutes and find a dozen film gurus on YouTube that all place the blame on ceedee. Like this breakdown here for example. Skip to 3:50

Lol has either of them played wr in the nfl and qb in the league
I dont mess with Sturm either (dude is sensitive and muted me on twitter lol), but

1. his initial response was to Moose who on the broadcast said Ceedee shouldve broken up that pass, not that it was a lazy route

2. Dak himself took the blame for that decision. And i dont want to hear the excuse of “hes the leader, hes supposed to say that” because Dak has thrown other people under the bus all the time. Last year against the Saints, Ceedee messed up and took blame in the PC

3. Look where Dak threw the ball. Doesnt look like a throw from a QB thinking his WR was running a deep-IN to me

He put the ball where the deep in should've been, how can you not see it. The most elementary football guy can see this.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nope
Throw should have gone to the fly. If CD runs that route flatter the LBs would've been in the way. Hendershot should have run a shallower route. Dak should not have thrown that ball.
well , CD was supposed to run in the space behind, so that you go over the LB and in front of the saftey. space was there. play design was good, execution was bad because CD didn't go flat behind the LB.
and perhaps to your point, Hendershot should have run a shallower route, but that's a rookie UDFA for you.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nope
Throw should have gone to the fly. If CD runs that route flatter the LBs would've been in the way. Hendershot should have run a shallower route. Dak should not have thrown that ball.

And you know better than a former nfl Wr and College scout...ok..lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Moose Johnston and Isaiah Stanbach vs Bob Sturm and sources:lmao2::lmao2:

funny, Moose, a 3 time superbowl champion. played football all his life, says this was CD, but a reporter who never played football, but played one on TV LOL, disagrees with him.....so former football players opinions don't matter. but a reporter (who many have dissed as an idiot) in this case matters...because why?