Isn't odd the media is silent on Dak's assault case

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you do have an opinion on it because you felt the need to respond to my post and no one else’s…now you don’t have an opinion on the matter?

I have an opinion on YOUR opinion. Not the vague "why the media hasn't reported it MORE." If it's too subtle for you...not my problem.

You just like to fight on the internet. You move goal posts and try to trap people instead of having honest conversation.

Have at it tough guy,.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I get that you're all over this complaining why it isn't more in the media since you hate Dak and want anything helpful to push him out.

No need denying it. We all see it.
If what you say is true.. (if because you're not a reliable source.. you say most of the forum are "haters")

you're just the Yin to his Yang.. what makes you any better?

silly to have extreme views either way ;)

Shane612

Reaction score
you would think the media would be talking about this 24x7 if something was serious about this sexual assault investigation, the fact there is hardly no mention of it, is odd to me.
Maybe they learn their lesson about jumping to conclusion.
:thumbup:

conner01

Reaction score
you would think the media would be talking about this 24x7 if something was serious about this sexual assault investigation, the fact there is hardly no mention of it, is odd to me.
He was smart. Got out front and filed his suit before they could go public. Time will tell what happens but his team handled it perfectly

conner01

Reaction score
I'd think the media would be talking about this 24x7 even if it wasnt something serious just because it's Cowboy related. IMO the media is waiting for details to come out.
As they should. But had she filed before him it would also be different. He smartly got out in front of it

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He was smart. Got out front and filed his suit before they could go public. Time will tell what happens but his team handled it perfectly
Yeah they did. And I'm trying to think back on guys who did get busted as guilty. Never saw any of them sue first, maybe talk about it first, but once you put that baby in court everything is fair game. Maybe they had bad legal teams, but I would also guess because they were guilty. LOL

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
FACTUAL details? They will be waiting a long time for that.
Forever. I’d guess the attorneys are working out the settlement amount and, more important, the non-disclosure agreement. Her attorney will get more than she does. And so it goes.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Forever. I’d guess the attorneys are working out the settlement amount and, more important, the non-disclosure agreement. Her attorney will get more than she does. And so it goes.
and you think Dak is going to pay out anything? i do not.

Mannix

Reaction score
The DFW media has become a joke....I'm guessing too many are comfortable hanging out at The Star....just a travesty!!!

Ghost12

Reaction score
Non-disclosure agreement? She's already gone on TV and told everything there is to tell. Please note I am not necessarily saying she is being honest, but there's nothing left to agree not to disclose.

The next step is really to wait to see if the prosecutor presses charges against Prescott, or if they decide there just isn't enough evidence to prosecute. If there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, she has absolutely no cards left to play and Dak has no incentive to pay her anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have an opinion on YOUR opinion. Not the vague "why the media hasn't reported it MORE." If it's too subtle for you...not my problem.

You just like to fight on the internet. You move goal posts and try to trap people instead of having honest conversation.

Have at it tough guy,.
I like to fight? I literally mind my own business and you come to try and throw rocks then hide your hands. Just stand on it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That ship has sailed. She can't unring that bell for all the money in the world.
Here’s some money we’ll speak of this no more. The fact she did not report the incident within hours of it occurring and instead asked for money indicates she’s more interested in a payday than potential subsequent victims. That’s not a good look. Nonetheless, he was there and maybe motivated to make it go away, to what degree is still possible.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Here’s some money we’ll speak of this no more.
If the prosecutor presses charges, then paying her to "speak of this no more" certainly makes sense. IOW he might choose to pay her not to cooperate with the authorities so they would have no case. If the prosecutor does not press charges, then he gains nothing by paying her. She already did a 40 minute interview giving every detail of what she claims happened that night. The cat is out of the bag.

All of this is not to mention that one could easily make the case that she is guilty of criminal extortion. I mean, the very letter her lawyers wrote on her behalf to Prescott is textbook illegal.

plasticman

Reaction score
Never underestimate the power of a billionaire.

It's never been unusual for a Cowboys player issue to be buried deep if not all together disappeared.

Having said that, I think this was an attempt at extortion. If Dak was that kind of man then we would know about it long before his 8th season just ended.

It could also be that the media wants to tread very carefully. They have generally taken a few hits lately and if they don't know something for sure they can't afford to speculate.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The fact that she tried to shake down Dak for $100 million is a bad look for the accuser.

Not saying that this in and of itself proves she is lying, I am just saying the optics of telling somebody that you are accusing of raping you, "hey bro, pitch me $100 mill under the table and this little problem for you will go away".

That is like textbook extortion and makes her look like a gold digger........................she instantly lost all the benefit of the doubt doing this (even if what she is saying is true).

That is probably why Dak has not been given the standard treatment by the media (assumed guilty until proved innocent)