Twitter: Issac Alacron is looking like hidden gem at LG

conner01

Reaction score
I heard it right here last year he was the next super star guard but he never got a snap and probably won’t this year
He will be on the PS and he certainly shows enough to develop

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He would get destroyed by Donald 1on1 - as almost every other lineman in the league has over the years. Donald is a generational talent. I think this guy has some chops though and if he keeps its up, will be hard to keep him off the 53. He is off to a good start for sure.

That’s why I want the 1v1 battle and see if he is the real deal. He has the power & strength to match Donald and I believe he will do good. Don’t shy away from competition, embrace it!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That’s why I want the 1v1 battle and see if he is the real deal. He has the power & strength to match Donald and I believe he will do good. Don’t shy away from competition, embrace it!
I would be surprised if you ever see this.

You really should be asking if he can handle the undeniable talent that is Trysten Hill when he returns.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I literally clicked on this thread immediately after watching him get pushed back like a sled so sorry if I'm not voting or the Aaron Donald matchup just yet. :laugh:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Watching the preseason game last night I notice how dominant Issac was playing at LG whether it was pass protection or run blocking he dominated his opponents. He has size and strength to play against DTs to take on bull rush or move them out of the way. In addition his feet are nimble enough for him to move around and combo block or stop stunts & blitzes.

I want to see him go 1v1 Aaron Donald and see how he fares. My prediction is he holds his own and gives up minor pressure to him.

AD? Cmon Man! Martin ain't signing up for that fight much less this unproven. Guy beats doubles for a living. And eats QB's.

AD scares me. When you play the Rams you better be ready. Dude is a monster. One of the best ever already. He may better than Bob Lilly, Mean Joe or Deacon Jones. If that is even possible. I think he is already better than Sapp.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Hidden? No, anyone who knows anything about football knows he’s the next Anthony Muñoz

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm Mexican-American and I don't understand why he has a Mexican flag on his helmet. You don't see Canadian players with Canada flags. May be a marketing angle by the Cowboys.
Havent payed that much attention, but Im curious if all the National Players with the allocation, have the same origin flag... interesting question though.

lkelly

Reaction score
What sort of cap hit will the Rams suffer when Donald retires after the joint Rams/Cowboys practice? Actually, it might happen a few days prior once Donald watches the clips looks at the still photos above.

csirl

Reaction score
Good news is that he'll be on practice squad for the next 2 years as an additional player.

Bad news is that one of the conditions of the International program is the player cannot be promoted to the active roster for 2 years if they are on the program.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think Alarcon is a keeper and will do very well once he is given a legit opportunity to win a backup job either at tackle or guard. Seems like we have some guys in there with squatter rights for the backup jobs right now who are not qualified and played piss poorly last night to prove it.
I am glad the team can at least protect him on the PS, but come on man, he is better than what we have right now for backups.

Gonhoz

Reaction score
Watching the preseason game last night I notice how dominant Issac was playing at LG whether it was pass protection or run blocking he dominated his opponents. He has size and strength to play against DTs to take on bull rush or move them out of the way. In addition his feet are nimble enough for him to move around and combo block or stop stunts & blitzes.

I want to see him go 1v1 Aaron Donald and see how he fares. My prediction is he holds his own and gives up minor pressure to him.

At least put his name correctly is Isaac Alarcón

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Havent payed that much attention, but Im curious if all the National Players with the allocation, have the same origin flag... interesting question though.
It would've definitely caught my eye I'd they did. He's the only one I've seen so far. Might have just started this year may be.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

He played well yesterday. I liked what I saw from him. Let's see how he does next game, but I like him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm Mexican-American and I don't understand why he has a Mexican flag on his helmet. You don't see Canadian players with Canada flags. May be a marketing angle by the Cowboys.
He's not Mexican-American like you and me, he's Mexican. I applaud him for proudly having the flag of his home country on his helmet. Why does it matter to you? Does that flag offend you?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He would get destroyed by Donald 1on1 - as almost every other lineman in the league has over the years. Donald is a generational talent. I think this guy has some chops though and if he keeps its up, will be hard to keep him off the 53. He is off to a good start for sure.
Zack Martin shuts him down every time we play the Rams.