Twitter: Issac Alacron is looking like hidden gem at LG

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can you all imagine if Alacron becomes the next Ronald Leary? Lest we forget that he was an integral part of the 2014 and 2016 olines.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Watching the preseason game last night I notice how dominant Issac was playing at LG whether it was pass protection or run blocking he dominated his opponents. He has size and strength to play against DTs to take on bull rush or move them out of the way. In addition his feet are nimble enough for him to move around and combo block or stop stunts & blitzes.

I want to see him go 1v1 Aaron Donald and see how he fares. My prediction is he holds his own and gives up minor pressure to him.

The one bright spot of the 2nd half of the H of F game.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Zack Martin shuts him down every time we play the Rams.
And? I wasn't talking about Zack Martin. I was talking about an international player.. this has nothing to do with Zack Martin. Eric Williams shut down Reggie White, does that mean Reggie White wasn't a great player? No. So not sure what you are trying to say.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Who is the FA/ late draft pick type OL that this team developed and turned into a productive player? Free? Been a while.

Doug Free was an OT picked in the 4th round....the one you may be thinking of is Ron Leary, OG, undrafted and unheralded but very solid player in a good OL.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Watching the preseason game last night I notice how dominant Issac was playing at LG whether it was pass protection or run blocking he dominated his opponents. He has size and strength to play against DTs to take on bull rush or move them out of the way. In addition his feet are nimble enough for him to move around and combo block or stop stunts & blitzes.

I want to see him go 1v1 Aaron Donald and see how he fares. My prediction is he holds his own and gives up minor pressure to him.

Great news

conner01

Reaction score
If he keeps playing the way he did yesterday, I think Alacron will make the team. I saw a bit of Leary in him.
He has a roster exemption so he’s not going anywhere
He does seem to be developing pretty well but he was very raw
Hopefully by next year he can be a factor since we will likely loose a guard in CW

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And? I wasn't talking about Zack Martin. I was talking about an international player.. this has nothing to do with Zack Martin. Eric Williams shut down Reggie White, does that mean Reggie White wasn't a great player? No. So not sure what you are trying to say.
You were talking crap about Aaron Donald running over every lineman in the league and I call BS!

terra

Reaction score
Since I automatically discount anything the OP has to say I will wait and see if this guy makes the roster first for any reason other than his international exemption. In other words when he is getting quality playing time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You need to learn how to read.
We are having this conversation, aren't we? I obviously know how to read and write. You are just deflecting from the fact you were talking crap about Aaron Donald running over every lineman in the league. Meanwhile, the contrary will be on full display at Cowboys/Rams joint practice today. Just for the record, your comment is below...

He would get destroyed by Donald 1on1 - as almost every other lineman in the league has over the years. Donald is a generational talent.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I'm Mexican-American and I don't understand why he has a Mexican flag on his helmet. You don't see Canadian players with Canada flags. May be a marketing angle by the Cowboys.

Well at least it isn't some stereotypical symbol like a pinata. Hey these players are debonair. Players of the US, Canada and Mexico are north continental.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We are having this conversation, aren't we? I obviously know how to read and write. You are just deflecting from the fact you were talking crap about Aaron Donald running over every lineman in the league. Meanwhile, the contrary will be on full display at Cowboys/Rams joint practice today. Just for the record, your comment is below...[/QUOTE

You quoted me and showed that I did not say what you claim I said. Nice thank you for proving my point.