Twitter: Issac Alacron is looking like hidden gem at LG

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Depth is important. There will always be a drop off from starter to backup, but if you can find guys to minimize that drop off, that's a good thing.

It was the first real good look I've had at him but he looks like he could develop into quality depth

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Yes you did, you are just too afraid to defend it because it's obviously not true. Where is this Aaron Donald that runs over lineman? This "generational player" that you bragged about isn't running over anyone today. Zack Martin handles that guy just fine, so shut up about it.

come back when you look up the meaning of the word “almost”. Until then, hush the adults are talking.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
So why is he inside where we are much healthier in terms of talent? Seems like an odd plan. Are his arms too short?

Depends.....do you want him to pass the salt, or keep 300 lb linemen off your QB, ...i think this short arm thing is ridiculous. Its all in the feet movement. If you are out of position your longer arms only help you hold more often too. And bulldozing DL requires only feet movement and leg strength. JIMHO of course. ...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
My favorite Alarcon play was him celebrating a block while the QB was getting sacked.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news is that he'll be on practice squad for the next 2 years as an additional player.

Bad news is that one of the conditions of the International program is the player cannot be promoted to the active roster for 2 years if they are on the program.
And here I was wondering how long can we stash him on the PS before we have to put him on the active roster.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
That’s why I want the 1v1 battle and see if he is the real deal. He has the power & strength to match Donald and I believe he will do good. Don’t shy away from competition, embrace it!

So you have assessed he would own Aaron Donald, but somehow he hasnt supplanted Williams at RG.

You must really hate these coaches. We have that kind of talent and he cant even crack the starters?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Like that's what you meant.
I meant exactly what I said. The kid has had a good start. I think he has promise. Don’t think he is ready for the best D Tackle in the game today. MOST OL don’t do well against AD on the regular. I don’t know why you are even arguing against that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So the guy he was blocking well enough to celebrate also got the sack?

No, but if you don't see a problem with an OL celebrating a block while his QB is being sacked, then you don't understand how the OL works. It's not a collection of individual players doing one thing. They must work cohesively as a unit. When the QB gets sacked, it's a collective failure by the entire line. Talk to anyone who actually played at a moderately high level and they'll tell you the same.

These guys all eat the same dirt. If Alarcon is a me-first OL then we probably know exactly why he isn't on an active roster yet.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Let him eat cake.

"Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", said to have been spoken in the 17th or 18th century by "a great princess" upon being told that the peasants had no bread. The French phrase mentions brioche, a bread enriched with butter and eggs, considered a luxury food. The quotation is taken to reflect either the princess's frivolous disregard for the starving peasants or her poor understanding of their plight.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
No, but if you don't see a problem with an OL celebrating a block while his QB is being sacked, then you don't understand how the OL works. It's not a collection of individual players doing one thing. They must work cohesively as a unit. When the QB gets sacked, it's a collective failure by the entire line. Talk to anyone who actually played at a moderately high level and they'll tell you the same.

These guys all eat the same dirt. If Alarcon is a me-first OL then we probably know exactly why he isn't on an active roster yet.

so it was the guy next to him where he could’ve helped?