It’s amazing how far Dak carried Scott Linehan

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was a pathetic performance but I thought Dak could have dumped the ball off faster too even if it was throwing it away.

Dak is still staying in the pocket too long. And I’m not sure we’d seen Chaz in that situation before that we’d know. Not having Zeke we simply didn’t know. And I thought we reacted in off season to correct this year.

It was a combination of factors which you identified to support your narrative but not all of the factors.

LOL...……..so your saying that Dak was to blame. Of course you would. This is where the term "petty troll" applies.

And the Zeke suspension was ANOTHER blunder. They were woefully unprepared for Zeke being gone in every way. Incompetent backups, incompetent scheme adjustment, ect…..ect… They basically just took Smith and tried to do all the exact same things. No scheme adjustment what so ever. "next man up". Dumb

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That just shows how much you don't understand the QB position or development.

Please show me your list of QB's that do great with no great players around them.

I think we would both agree that Aaron Rogers is great. He didn't even win 8 games this year. So what happened?

And your analysis of WHY we were all of a sudden bad in the redzone is mostly incorrect. Although I do agree that Dez and Witten being gone were some of the problem...……...the biggest issue with the redzone offense was the state of the Oline.
Rodgers hadn’t had an elite OL around him for 8 consecutive playoff appearances including 3 championship appearances and a SB.

Elite QB’s need less surrounding support but yes they still need some.

How do you think Rodgers or an elite QB would do with this running game and OK. Or do you think Dak is maximizing its potential ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...……..so your saying that Dak was to blame. Of course you would. This is where the term "petty troll" applies.
Those aren’t my words. I said there were more contributing factors than your narration included.

You want to twist to support your opinion. And ** for calling me a name because I don’t agree with you .

Diehardblues

Reaction score

And the Zeke suspension was ANOTHER blunder. They were woefully unprepared for Zeke being gone in every way. Incompetent backups, incompetent scheme adjustment, ect…..ect… They basically just took Smith and tried to do all the exact same things. No scheme adjustment what so ever. "next man up". Dumb
Since we agree that great coaching isn’t an option with Jerry’s agenda . Are we also subject to less than elite QB’s?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rodgers hadn’t had an elite OL around him for 8 consecutive playoff appearances including 3 championship appearances and a SB.

Elite QB’s need less surrounding support but yes they still need some.

How do you think Rodgers or an elite QB would do with this running game and OK. Or do you think Dak is maximizing its potential ?

Rogers had a very good Oline this year. So why didn't Rogers win only 6 games this year?

And where is your list of QB's that do great without great players around them?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That’s all part of why we need a greater QB. Romo had to try and overcome it.

We are challenged in our front office and coaching staff, must we also be challenged at QB?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Since we agree that great coaching isn’t an option with Jerry’s agenda . Are we also subject to less than elite QB’s?

The error that you make is that you appear to think that ELITE QB's not only grow on trees, but they are elite from day #1.

I would NOT label Dak as Elite. But neither did I think Romo is elite. Dak definitely has some elite qualities. Listening to many of you Dak trolls it seem that throwing for 400 yards and 3 TD's a game is only way to determine that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rogers had a very good Oline this year. So why didn't Rogers win only 6 games this year?

And where is your list of QB's that do great without great players around them?
Did Rodgers really have a bad year or was it the team that had a bad year?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I like Dak but it is completely ridiculous to think he carried Linehan. How many other All Pro and Pro Bowlers on the offense?

This offseason is going to be a banner year for bitter and opposing posts. The proverbial line in the sand has not been this clear in many years.
Zeke carried everybody

When Zeke was out..

DAK tanked.

DAK could not carry the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s all part of why we need a greater QB. Romo had to try and overcome it.

We are challenged in our front office and coaching staff, must we also be challenged at QB?

So Dak sucks because he isn't good enough to overcome our horrid coach? Maybe that makes sense to you.

He got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years. Cant say that about many 3rd year QB's.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The error that you make is that you appear to think that ELITE QB's not only grow on trees, but they are elite from day #1.

I would NOT label Dak as Elite. But neither did I think Romo is elite. Dak definitely has some elite qualities. Listening to many of you Dak trolls it seem that throwing for 400 yards and 3 TD's a game is only way to determine that.
I’m a Dak critic much like I often was with Romo and any component of the Cowboys I see we need improvement in.

If our dysfunctional organization couldn’t surround Romo with enough why do you think they will Dak?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So Dak sucks because he isn't good enough to overcome our horrid coach? Maybe that makes sense to you.

He got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years. Cant say that about many 3rd year QB's.
3rd year QB’s? What the heck does that mean? Sounds like another description to fit in your narrative.

Romo went to playoffs 3 out of his 4 1st seasons starting. Where did that lead with this dysfunctional organization?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m a Dak critic much like I often was with Romo and any component of the Cowboys I see we need improvement in.

If our dysfunctional organization couldn’t surround Romo with enough why do you think they will Dak?

I don't think they will with Dak. But that has nothing to do with Dak. AS you pointed out, its the organization.

Just like it had nothing to do with Romo. Romo was championship caliber all the way. But just like Jerry said, he screwed up.

And where are you going to find this Mahones type QB? Who by the way, probably has the best supporting case in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But didn't you say that great QB's win without good players around them?
I don’t recall phrasing as such. You continue to either misinterpret my meaning or misconstrue .Maybe because it doesn’t all fit into your narrative?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
3rd year QB’s? What the heck does that mean? Sounds like another description to fit in your narrative.

Romo went to playoffs 3 out of his 4 1st seasons starting. Where did that lead with this dysfunctional organization?

You obviously have a difficult time understand the development of a young QB.

Romo didn't start until his 4th year in the NFL. He was allowed to groom on the bench for 3 years. Which I was against by the way.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Because the Chaz Green example is a text book example of how it was 100% coaching that was the problem. Chaz Green is and was terrible. Any fool could see that.

Yet he played well the previous year filling in for an injured Tyron. It's easy to say now that he was just always bad, but the fact is he was a serviceable backup in 2016.

-Chaz Green should have NEVER been on the team. We saw first hand how the Cowboys went out THIS offseason and made sure they had quality backups. And it paid off this year.

His horrible play wasn't apparent the previous year.

-Garretts...………"next man up" stupidity was at the heart of the issue. Thinking that some scrub like Green could just come in whenever and NOT plan for help the possibility of help was a huge mistake.

They gave him help at times but you can't help a tackle every snap. Again, his track record prior to that game wasn't that of an awful player. Typical backup level. Nobody saw that performance coming.

-The fact that it took Garrett and the staff sooooo long to make the adjustment DURING the game was pathetic. So the coaches failed on all 3 levels

What happened when Bell came in? He performed as poorly as Chaz. Sometimes you have to pick between a bad option and a worse option.

1. Evaluation 2. preparation 3. Adjusting during the game.

Chaz wasn't the only issue that game. He's just the easiest to remember. Regarding evaluation, you say he shouldn't have been on the team but his performance prior to that game was of a servicable backup. Gotta have them and someone picked him in the 3rd round so he was going to get a chance to show his worth.

Regarding prep- How does a coach prepare for a complete breakdown of a player? A backup player at that. Adjustments- Chaz defied the laws of probability that game. No one expected that poor of a showing and when the trigger was pulled, nothing got better. Sometimes you're stuck with the players you have and you have to hope they can execute the next play because the other options are worse.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t recall phrasing as such. You continue to either misinterpret my meaning or misconstrue .Maybe because it doesn’t all fit into your narrative?

And what narrative would THAT be? Because I don't fall in line with your "the only type of QB we can win with is a mahones or brady so get rid of every QB not those guys until we find one"? theory? LOL

People like you are just a waste of time to talk to. Your theories are not based on logic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think they will with Dak. But that has nothing to do with Dak. AS you pointed out, its the organization.

Just like it had nothing to do with Romo. Romo was championship caliber all the way. But just like Jerry said, he screwed up.

And where are you going to find this Mahones type QB? Who by the way, probably has the best supporting case in the NFL.
I’d swing for the fences until we find a great QB. And the only or best place in the draft.

Because IMO with this dysfunctional situation our best shot is great talent.

And being short in great talent at the most important position appears to be a handicap as great as our coaching and front office.