It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

TWOK11

Reaction score
And yet it does seem sustainable. The thing that has killed that for other teams is that their QB takes too many hits, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Hurts. Definitely made Parsons look like a JAG out there on a island by himself against two guys.

Eventually, they’ll run into teams with above average defenses AND better QB play. And when they do they’ll find out why NFL games are determined almost exclusively by advanced passing efficiency metrics.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
He's an average QB at best, but he can do something Dak can't or won't do anymore, and that is use his legs.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.
The leauge will catch up with him, I just hope the Eagles extend him for many years before that happens!

TWOK11

Reaction score
Give it another 4-6 games. The NFL defenses will figure it out and Hurts will look like the average QB he really is

His average QBR over the last three games including tonight is 42, which is abysmal.

He’s well below average as a passer, they’re just able to scheme around it for now. But they would have lost tonight handily against a good offense.

TWOK11

Reaction score
He’s the only QB this year to throw for 2 TDs against us and put up a QBR above 60. I see a lot of the same fan reaction towards him like I did towards Eli Manning. If dude is winning, that’s all that matters.

Eli Manning was a much, MUCH better QB than Jalen Hurts.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Eli Manning was a much, MUCH better QB than Jalen Hurts.

Agreed, Talking about how Boys fans didn’t want to give him his due. Same for McNabb. I just hope Hurts doesn’t continue to improve because he will be a frustrating QB to beat.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
They still have NFL caliber athletes running it, with a great OL and skill position talent. So it’s going to have some success. But it won’t win in the playoffs.

Philadelphia has a better offensive roster than either KC or Buffalo. If Philadelphia had a top 5 QB it would be curtains in the NFC.

It never wins in the playoffs. They were over rated like many of us assumed.

Zman5

Reaction score
This style of offense will not work well playing from behind. He hasn't had to play from behind at all this year.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Eventually, they’ll run into teams with above average defenses AND better QB play. And when they do they’ll find out why NFL games are determined almost exclusively by advanced passing efficiency metrics.
Oh, I thought the Cowboys had an above-average defense. I must be wrong.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think it's a good offense. You play to your strengths and hide your weaknesses. Perfect offense for them. However....I'm not super impressed with what I saw tonight. I think we lost the game rather than Philly winning it. Letting them have three possessions start on our end of the field will do that.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I thought the defense played well tonight.

No help from the offense at all in the first half. You can only have your defense on the field for so long before they get tired.

TWOK11

Reaction score

And would have beaten them soundly with good QB play. The defense held them to under 300 yards and poor efficiency metrics.