It’s fascinating how hard the Eagles try and hide Hurts’ deficiencies

The Natural

Reaction score
3 turnovers, not converting a 4th down and offense not scoring doesn't help the defense in the first half.

However the comment was Hurts can't be stopped but yet in the 2nd half of almost every game this season he has been stopped. Stay on topic
What happened when we needed a stop in the 4th? Since you want to stay on topic. I could have sworn they went down the field with their college offense

Ken

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.
They went overboard with it tonight. They didn't want him trying to throw into this pass d with this rush. It was obvious and smart.

They played our game tonight and beat us with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong they are pretty good at it thus far, but the amount of smoke and mirrors and lengths they go to to avoid putting him in anything remotely resembling an obvious drop back passing situation is crazy. Even Baltimore didn’t do it to this degree with Lamar in his first full year.

He had 34 drop backs tonight and only on NINE did he not have a designed RPO, roll out or a single read quick hitter. On two of those he was sacked and on three more he scrambled. He threw the ball FOUR TIMES on traditional drop backs and had two completions.

I’ve never seen anything like it. It looks like a college offense. This is not sustainable.

the guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

he played scared tonight.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s the only QB this year to throw for 2 TDs against us and put up a QBR above 60. I see a lot of the same fan reaction towards him like I did towards Eli Manning. If dude is winning, that’s all that matters.
No your wrong. It matters. Because it’s obvious he doesn’t have what it takes.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Give it another 4-6 games. The NFL defenses will figure it out and Hurts will look like the average QB he really is
ya keep waiting until then the birds are 6-0 and playing against the horrific steelers. talk about another overrated defence!

jrumann59

Reaction score

Collinsworth said it was a college offense with some NFL wrinkles.

Reactions: BAT

jrumann59

Reaction score
But Hurts did not throw 3 interceptions otherwise he does what Rush does. He manages the offense which excels at running the football and short passes. If Hurts is forced to throw the football downfield the Eagles lose. The same it true of Rush. If he can mix passes and runs he is fine. If he is forced to throw the football he will eventually do something bad.
Exactly Eagles defense was giving Rush the sideline because they knew he lacked the arm strength to get it there quickly enough, a lot of those passes would have been completions with almost any other QB not Rush.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

I felt the same away about Brady when he was dinking and dunking to Wes Welker and similar receivers throughout his career. Somehow these rinky dinky offenses are effective.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What happened when we needed a stop in the 4th? Since you want to stay on topic. I could have sworn they went down the field with their college offense
1 scoring drive in the entire 2nd half...... Thought that qualified as stopping that explosive Philly offense

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Hurts seems like a nice person but as a quarterback he sucks. It's the same brain dead offense game after game. Bootleg, rpo, and one hot read from under center. Rinse and repeat.

He will get baptized in the playoffs with that rudimentary offense. Eventually you have to learn how to play quarterback from the pocket and read defenses. Or you get out the way for someone who can.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
I was telling my brother as we watched that they don’t try to throw deep or hold onto the ball very long. They were making sure he got rid of it quick, because when he didn’t he looked like crap. Yes they won, but if we don’t have rush in there stinking it up and they had to play comeback, I guarantee you. They wouldn’t be talking about how good he looks. Sorry, was not impressed one bit.

Stak78

Reaction score
I agree that the Eagles do a great job of hiding Hurts’ weaknesses with superb play calling.
The defense didn’t lose this game. Yet I’m still disappointed in Quinn for allowing them to be as successful as they were.
All the passes were underneath and yet we allowed it. Why? Were we afraid Jalen was going to torch us down field? Jalen avoided Diggs like the plague. They made Parsons go cover tight ends and backs again. Is he a full time pass rusher or not? This is the first game I felt like Quinn did a subpar job with his scheme. I hope he learns by it for when Philly comes to Dallas.

Reactions: BAT

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If history is any indicator, the Eagles are due to crash back down to earth in a month or two. Hurts really did not impress me tonight after all of the national media attention he has been getting. He looked like the same QB we all knew but with a much better supporting cast around him.

The entire offense is lots of motion/ window dressing, read option, and simple one read throws. It is going to be effective for the time being since NFL defenses always seem to need some time to figure out the latest team to employ the tactic, but I don't think there is an example of it working long term over the last 20 years. Dallas did a pretty good job of stopping them actually and held them to their lowest yardage output all year I believe.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
But Hurts did not throw 3 interceptions otherwise he does what Rush does. He manages the offense which excels at running the football and short passes. If Hurts is forced to throw the football downfield the Eagles lose. The same it true of Rush. If he can mix passes and runs he is fine. If he is forced to throw the football he will eventually do something bad.

Hurts also averaged almost 300 yards passing before tonight's game.

He's not Brady but he's still better than Rush.

6-0

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I agree that the Eagles do a great job of hiding Hurts’ weaknesses with superb play calling.
The defense didn’t lose this game. Yet I’m still disappointed in Quinn for allowing them to be as successful as they were.
All the passes were underneath and yet we allowed it. Why? Were we afraid Jalen was going to torch us down field? Jalen avoided Diggs like the plague. They made Parsons go cover tight ends and backs again. Is he a full time pass rusher or not? This is the first game I felt like Quinn did a subpar job with his scheme. I hope he learns by it for when Philly comes to Dallas.

Philly purposefully pulled Parsons into coverage by releasing their "blocking TE" into the flats as receiver.

DQ should have moved Parsons into the middle and have him rush from there more often.

Eagles were dictating what we did with Parsons too often.