It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Swanny

Reaction score
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.

Nothing worse than the highs and lows fans reach during the preseason

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game.

:facepalm:

Garrett understood the point of the first preseason game. You obviously do not. White making the right read and completing a pass was more important than whether San Fran's future sanitation workers scored a late TD.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bottomline is our first teamers kicked San Frans first teamers ARSE on that opening drive.IT WAS EASY...and without Zeke. We did whatever we wanted. That's good enough for me. I really don't care what happened after that one bit. We used this game as a tune up..which is exactly what preseason is. IMO, we exceeded all expectations for the very first game with a bunch of new players etc. We were sharp and prepared.

Rayman70

Reaction score
First team D and Offense shined right out of the chute. After that, I don't care what the final score was. For me, it exceeded what was expected for a preseason game. Dak looked razor sharp...despite all the naysayers. LOTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Now my only real concern is the back end of the defense..safety/corner. Me thinks Earl Thomas would provide the leadership and talent we need. It was the only glaring issue I saw last night...but a big one indeed. We better fix that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.
You can't be serious. Were you drowning in multiple beers @ 1am when you wrote this?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I said it was preseason. I’ve seen so many ridiculous losses by Garrett this just brought back bad memories. Also, preseason or not, “you play to win the game”. Looked to me, like Garrett was playing, as usual, not to lose.
In pre-season you don't play to win the game. They don't game plan or anything. These games are to evaluate players. It's just a glorified practice.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It was a preseason game. Most of those guys won't be in the NFL in September much less our team.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I actually think this was a perfect preseason game.

The 1st and 2nd units largely won their battles.

A lot of players showed up on the tape.

The coaches have something to get on the team about with the bottom of the roster guys giving up the lead.

renny

Reaction score
Wins and losses in preseason are meaningless.

The best team in football on paper (the Rams) got blown out tonight, it means absolutely nothing.

Your team lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team (Seattle) lost tonight, means absolutely nothing.

My team went 4-0 last year in the preseason, and missed the playoffs.

I’m more concerned with how did your #1 offense do against the opponents #1 D, and your #1 D do against their #1 Offense.

How did your impact depth play, did you avoid injuries??

How did your draft picks look. How did players coming off injury last year look.

There are no Lombardi trophies handed out for the preseason champion.
Couldn't have agreed more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep........hate everything about Garrett. Players dont need a buddy, they need a stone cold leader. Cant always pat fannies. Need to act like its expected of you, not like you just made the grade.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
So se have come to this - lamentations of a preseason loss. The shark has been jumped.

sbark

Reaction score
Preseason is for practice and repetitions.......should Garrett be getting those in game and clock mngt at the same time players are getting their reps?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The loss is meaningless. Has no bearing really on much.

But the way the loss happened was eerily similar to regular season games where teams move the ball easily against us right before the end of the first half and end of games.

Tonight was no different. Gave up an 85 yard TD drive right before the end of the first half and then a 77 yard TD drive to lose the game.
Typical negative post from you over a meaningless preseason game. I guess you can’t hate on Dak, so you picked something else.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fans of opposing teams do not realize how many ridiculous losses Garrett has had. Do you realize how many ridiculous losses Garrett has had? If your an honest Cowboy’s fan you know it’s a lot.
It’s a preseason game. Why not talk a bout the good things that came out of the game? Why do you always be negative?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
That’s why I started the post I know it’s just preseason. I was making the point as a Dallas fan throughout the Garrett era, I have seen these finishes before. It was earily similar to some of our regular season collapses. It also reminded me who our HC is!!

If this was the regular season or playoffs then your point would be valid.

The preseason is not about winning or loosing but about evaluation, especially the first preseason game.

kevm3

Reaction score
People keep saying 'it's just preseason', but what I've seen is that a lot of the trends from preseason carry on into the real season. I remember the times we've seen a super bland offense and couldn't move the offense during the preseason, but the playbook will be 'opened up' during the regular season. We still had problems during the real season. We've routinely had problems holding teams from scoring before the half and before the end of games, and what do you know? We still had that problem. If I'm this team, I get Earl here fast as possible because I can see us getting sliced up against Rodgers or whatever qb Philly has.

Kage

Reaction score
Trends carry over in the real season, not all these players will. It will be a different story when its our starters on the field for 4 quarters. We might give up points before the half, we might lose some games late. Everyone does/will.