It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

ESisback

Reaction score
If I’m an Eeyore what are you?( I take that back ) You see how immature that game is. I disagree with someone, so I call them names.

But Eeyore is kinda accurate. You call yourself a realist, but you VERY rarely have ANYTHING good to say. You sound unhappy, which makes a normal fan wonder if you really ARE a Cowboy fan, or if you are, why? Who’s a fan of never being happy? You’re right about name calling being immature, though.

ESisback

Reaction score
Oh you mean understanding the truth.

Overreacting is “understanding the truth”? Fabricating a story to “validate” your narrative perhaps? Lumping me in with the “Marinelli Sucks” crowd when I never even mentioned him is kinda delusional, or at the very least a reading comprehension problem.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Was it Brett Lundley or whoever was the backup QB when we played Greenbay and we were up going into the half and running well. Then we abandon the run go pass happy and lose. That's when Garrett lost me.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This has been Garrett's strategy since day one.
Let the game go for the final 2 minutes of the game; if the talent is capable to compete against the opposing team's coaching staff, plus their players, well then we win...

If not, well...
He has been a decade here and 'the talent' has won 2 playoff games. No accountability asked from Little Stephen or Jerrah, none whatsoever.

Like I've heard Garrett say many times; "Its the NFL, we are going to lose games."
And thats exactly how he strategizes.

Game management in the Garrett era is nowhere to be found.

Mannix

Reaction score
I TOTALLY agree with 43Crash....that "pushing" routine is sooooo Harry High School. I still remember the 27-14 Prince Vandar game where Jimmy when ballistic after a WIN and cut a RB.....and complained about how we were just "Flopping around" out there. The Clapping Carrot is a joke and installs fear in NOBODY!!!! The ONLY reason they play hard for him, is because they like having him around as the substitute teacher who they can manipulate and work just "hard enough" to keep getting paid.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
But Eeyore is kinda accurate. You call yourself a realist, but you VERY rarely have ANYTHING good to say. You sound unhappy, which makes a normal fan wonder if you really ARE a Cowboy fan, or if you are, why? Who’s a fan of never being happy? You’re right about name calling being immature, though.
But Eeyore is kinda accurate? Really, Mr. your right about name calling being immature. Whatever. A realist is someone who looks at a situation realistically. A realist is not your typical Super optimistic football fan. For many many years, I was an optimistic Cowboys fan, but 22 years of mediocrity, and especially the last 8 years with Garrett have made me a realist in regards to our Cowboys. I’m very positive regarding the talent on this team. I’ve stated it over and over I think we have top 5-6 talent. We have a bunch of young talent too! I am a huge supporter of Dak!!!, unlike, it seems half the posters on here. I constantly post positive points regarding Dak. I think Sean Lee is the best LB in football. There are a bunch of reasons to be positive and excited about this team, but as a realist, I cannot get too excited because Coaching Matters a lot. Look back at Garrett’s history of losses vs the better teams and you might become a realist like me too!! I’ll admit though, in preseason it is more enjoyable to be an optimistic fan than a realistic fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
But Eeyore is kinda accurate? Really, Mr. your right about name calling being immature. Whatever. A realist is someone who looks at a situation realistically. A realist is not your typical Super optimistic football fan. For many many years, I was an optimistic Cowboys fan, but 22 years of mediocrity, and especially the last 8 years with Garrett have made me a realist in regards to our Cowboys. I’m very positive regarding the talent on this team. I’ve stated it over and over I think we have top 5-6 talent. We have a bunch of young talent too! I am a huge supporter of Dak!!!, unlike, it seems half the posters on here. I constantly post positive points regarding Dak. I think Sean Lee is the best LB in football. There are a bunch of reasons to be positive and excited about this team, but as a realist, I cannot get too excited because Coaching Matters a lot. Look back at Garrett’s history of losses vs the better teams and you might become a realist like me too!! I’ll admit though, in preseason it is more enjoyable to be an optimistic fan than a realistic fan.
It's ok to be worried about the coaching. Who isn't? But you insist on saying it on an hourly basis it seems. Among other things you hate on.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's ok to be worried about the coaching. Who isn't? But you insist on saying it on an hourly basis it seems. Among other things you hate on.

I worry about the coaching too. But I say if we stay healthy, we’ll make the playoffs this year. After that, who knows?

Jipper

Reaction score
Fact is Bailey would have hit that 52 yarder and the rest would have been history....

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Dude shut up. We literally lead the entire game until the janitors and school bus drivers came in the 4th qtr.
You seem extremely excited about our Cowboys, leading what most fans posting here, are calling a meaningless game.
Reason to be optimistic: We led a meaningless preseason game with our starters. Reason to be realistic: Garrett is the HC.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I am only responding when others respond to one of my earlier post. I actually think there are a lot of things to be positive about. I mentioned some on my earlier post.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I know it’s just preseason, but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories of games we should have won, but gave away at the end. Also, I can’t help it, but Garrett is so annoying. After White goes to the sideline after completing a short dump of pass to the RB who makes a nice move to get the first down, Garrett gives White a shove in the chest like he just got the game ending 1st down. Shortly after the shove, we fail to get a 1st down and SF gets the ball and slices through our( 3rd-4th string) D like butter. Garrett celebrating like the game is over is just annoying and typical Garrett. Belicheat never celebrates until his team wins the Super Bowl, let alone in a preseason game. Regarding the game: Run D has potential, but not impressed with our pass rush or our Corners, other than Byron Jones. Chido seems over hyped. Lewis and Brown both struggled. Jaylon looked quick. In general, receivers looked pretty good. Our rookie G has potential, though he did get beat bad on the early sack. Dak will top 5 QB if the O line holds up and the passing scheme is less predictable this year.

If I were a mod, I'd ban you for your silliness. Then I would ban meself for old time's sake.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The loss's in pre-season never concern me. I look at how well the starters play, and they played well ... and we played a real good 3 quarters of football. In the regular season with that lead, Zeke and the O-line puts the hammer down anyways.

Billyd

Reaction score
YEAH its preseason..I wouldnt compare it to any preseason game..As far as bad preseason memories go, Romo getting his career ended while the refs stood there realizing he was sliding, After that piss poor block by free, number one...Lee getting injured Number 2...This Loss doesnt even rate..Is worth zero on the it matters list!

Billyd

Reaction score

Im a realist..However if you think Garrett would be the difference between getting into or winning games against better teams or in the playoffs..You havent been paying attention..Be careful what you ask for, you might get your way!

AtlCPA

Reaction score
I TOTALLY agree with 43Crash....that "pushing" routine is sooooo Harry High School. I still remember the 27-14 Prince Vandar game where Jimmy when ballistic after a WIN and cut a RB.....and complained about how we were just "Flopping around" out there. The Clapping Carrot is a joke and installs fear in NOBODY!!!! The ONLY reason they play hard for him, is because they like having him around as the substitute teacher who they can manipulate and work just "hard enough" to keep getting paid.
The organization seems to be done with the no accountability crap. Cutting Dez and making multiple changes to the coaching staff sends a very clear message to the team. We will see if it pays dividends this season.