It’s Just Preseason but the way we lost that game brings back so many bad memories

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No,that’s really not what preseason is for. There is no game planning, and many of those 4th quarter players will be lucky to make the practice squad. Like I said before, it just came down to SFs 3rd teamers, practice squad guys, and players who will be cut being better than our 3rd teamers, practice squad guys, and players who will be cut in this game. Dallas appeared to be the better team when the first and second teamers were playing. It’s really just a game simulated scrimmage
The truth doesn’t fit his narrative. But I applaud you for trying.

rynochop

Reaction score
I can remember when I was around 12 years old I'd get mad about losing preseason games

ESisback

Reaction score
I think it’s just perception from some that has become reality in their eyes. It could be just that the defense has not been very good. They really started coming on last half of the year and were playing pretty good by years end. Now based on 1 PRESEASON game you and a few others are saying Marinelli sucks because he lost playing 4th stringers in preseason with no game plan, no scheming. A preseason game where no one, except CZ, cares about winning or losing but only in evaluating PLAYERS.

Overreaction on your part! I never said or even implied that Marinelli sucks. If you go back and READ my last few posts, the only name you’ll see is Garrett, and I didn’t even really criticize HIM! I merely said I’m not 100% sure about him, mostly because we seem to have lost a higher than average number of games we should have won. You sound snowflake-ish.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think it’s just perception from some that has become reality in their eyes. It could be just that the defense has not been very good. They really started coming on last half of the year and were playing pretty good by years end. Now based on 1 PRESEASON game you and a few others are saying Marinelli sucks because he lost playing 4th stringers in preseason with no game plan, no scheming. A preseason game where no one, except CZ, cares about winning or losing but only in evaluating PLAYERS.

Overreaction on your part! I never said or even implied that Marinelli sucks. If you go back and READ my last few posts, the only name you’ll see is Garrett, and I didn’t even really criticize HIM! I merely said I’m not 100% sure about him, mostly because we seem to have lost a higher than average number of games we should have won. You sound snowflake-ish.

This is classic right here. The 2 posters that probably hate negativity the most going at it. :laugh::lmao::lmao2::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Snowflake-ish? What does that mean?

cowboyec

Reaction score
not gonna lie...I wanna win'm all.
BUT.
our 1s and 2s kicked their ***...and had Dak stayed in...we win.
these dont count....I want our 1s and 2s to play well...and I dont wanna see any serious injuries that will or would derail our season.

ESisback

Reaction score
We lost? A scrimmage? How do you lose a scrimmage?

Is this a joke thread? Seriously, is it?

The OP was basically the byproduct of a poster who’s known as a perpetual Eeyore, which explains the heavy dose of blowback. I agree about not freaking out over losing a preseason game. I also agree that our number ones and twos looked good against their 1’s and 2’s.

All I’m really doing is acknowledging that the Cowboys at least SEEM to be easier than average to comeback against.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I’m not an eternal optimist like 75% of the fans on this site. I’m a realist. I stated in my original post, it’s just preseason, but a few things about Garrett’s coaching during the preseason game annoyed me. This ticked off all the eternal optimist. Well, sorry about that!! Of course this game was not game planned for and mostly 3rd and 4th stringers were in the game in the 4th quarter, but as the HC your still trying to manage the game so your team can win. Again, it was just preseason, but Garrett’s 4th quarter in game management was poor and overly conservative. It was annoying because I have seen it so many times before. For those who are saying it was only a scrimmage game. Of course it’s only a scrimmage game to the fans, but every player and every coach involved in that game is trying to win it. If you have a competitive bone in your body, scrimmage game or not, you are trying to win it. Finally, I think our team has top 5-6 talent and a HC who is one of the worst in game managers in the NFL. Yes, eternal optimist fans, this annoys me. We are wasting so many talented players careers with Garrett. I hope he improves, but I’m not optimistic like many of you. I’m a realist!!( If you forget Garrett’s history, you are doomed to repeat it). Also, the whole “likes” concept is a joke. To many people act like catty junior high girls to get “likes”. I would vote to get rid of them.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The OP was basically the byproduct of a poster who’s known as a perpetual Eeyore, which explains the heavy dose of blowback. I agree about not freaking out over losing a preseason game. I also agree that our number ones and twos looked good against their 1’s and 2’s.

All I’m really doing is acknowledging that the Cowboys at least SEEM to be easier than average to comeback against.
If I’m an Eeyore what are you?( I take that back ) You see how immature that game is. I disagree with someone, so I call them names.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m not an eternal optimist like 75% of the fans on this site. I’m a realist. I stated in my original post, it’s just preseason, but a few things about Garrett’s coaching during the preseason game annoyed me. This ticked off all the eternal optimist. Well, sorry about that!! Of course this game was not game planned for and mostly 3rd and 4th stringers were in the game in the 4th quarter, but as the HC your still trying to manage the game so your team can win. Again, it was just preseason, but Garrett’s 4th quarter in game management was poor and overly conservative. It was annoying because I have seen it so many times before. For those who are saying it was only a scrimmage game. Of course it’s only a scrimmage game to the fans, but every player and every coach involved in that game is trying to win it. If you have a competitive bone in your body, scrimmage game or not, you are trying to win it. Finally, I think our team has top 5-6 talent and a HC who is one of the worst in game managers in the NFL. Yes, eternal optimist fans, this annoys me. We are wasting so many talented players careers with Garrett. I hope he improves, but I’m not optimistic like many of you. I’m a realist!!( If you forget Garrett’s history, you are doomed to repeat it). Also, the whole “likes” concept is a joke. To many people act like catty junior high girls to get “likes”. I would vote to get rid of them.
A realist on CZ is another term for habitual hater. You reap what you sow.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
It is depressing just knowing the pre-season championship dreams are over.