It appears the strategy is to see what we get in draft and then fill in the gaps

Beaker42

Reaction score
Like I said in my post, you never know what can happen. I wish they could see some of my mock drafts and see how many players I've acquired with trades. We currently have 7 picks, in most of my drafts, I end up getting us 10+ players. Not likely they'll all make the roster, but I feel that this would be great dealing with the depth we've lost this off season.

Do a lot of trading back, yes it will make us mad, but it will give us more picks, and some of those comp picks we're expecting we can use those to move up to get a player that we want
Problem is finding teams dumb enough to trade with us.

Creeper

Reaction score
Don’t do squat in FA, see what we get in the draft and then fill in the gaps with bargain bin slop.

Smells like success.

I hope there is a grand plan here that I just can’t see but I won’t get my hopes up.
This sounds like satire, but I think this is exactly right. This strategy has to have the lowest probability of success other than just dumping players and doing nothing to replace them. This is a backwards strategy. It should be fill gaps in free agency and draft BPA. Jerry's strategy does not include upgrading at positions. 2024 is going to be a painful season. The worst part is if the Cowboys have some injuries, Jerry can fall back on them to excuse his failed philosophy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You know damn well there isn't a plan. Just do as you say and run it back. Don't get your hopes up because the front office isn't doing anything to improve from the last season. So don't expect a better result. It will be the same result or worse.
Honestly. The screams "we are mad at you for embarassing us so we arent going to help anymore."

If you think throwing a tantrum is above this front office. I have a bridge to sell you.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This sounds like satire, but I think this is exactly right. This strategy has to have the lowest probability of success other than just dumping players and doing nothing to replace them. This is a backwards strategy. It should be fill gaps in free agency and draft BPA. Jerry's strategy does not include upgrading at positions. 2024 is going to be a painful season. The worst part is if the Cowboys have some injuries, Jerry can fall back on them to excuse his failed philosophy.
that's what it used to be, now we have needs on top of needs

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Don’t do squat in FA, see what we get in the draft and then fill in the gaps with bargain bin slop.

Smells like success.

I hope there is a grand plan here that I just can’t see but I won’t get my hopes up.
Read between the lines Sydia, Jerry is setting the table and he is serving turkey stuffed with spam in 2024.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm OK with that in a vacuum, assuming we really do go BPA. When we just draft good football players, good things happen. When we try to reach for scheme fit and need, we get dudes like Kelvin Joseph and Trysten Hill.

The "chalkiest" Cowboys draft in my memory is 2020, where it seemed like the Cowboys grabbed a supermarket draft magazine and just selected the highest-rated guy on the big board at every pick. Our first four picks netted us CeeDee, Diggs, Gallimore, and Biadasz. I'd be fine with that class again.

Flamma

Reaction score
Honestly. The screams "we are mad at you for embarassing us so we arent going to help anymore."

If you think throwing a tantrum is above this front office. I have a bridge to sell you.
Look, I can't disagree with you. But this front office hasn't done squat for years now. What they are doing now is just doubling down on doing nothing.

Take the Eagles for example. They're not mortgaging their future. They are very active and had a ton of cap space. They prove you don't have to break the bank and improve your team at the same time.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Look, I can't disagree with you. But this front office hasn't done squat for years now. What they are doing now is just doubling down on doing nothing.

Take the Eagles for example. They're not mortgaging their future. They are very active and had a ton of cap space. They prove you don't have to break the bank and improve your team at the same time.
They have a guy in charge who actually is a football guy and has to answer to an owner.

Cowboys dont have that here.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I heard we have been a 12-win season for 3 years. Jerry knows what he's doing. :p
12 wins 3 seasons in a row is indeed good, it's the playoffs that Dallas has had their problems. I don't know what happens to the team ,when it matters I just hope they figure it out soon. A punishing run game needs to be built this draft, along with a beast or 2 on the Defense.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I heard we have been a 12-win season for 3 years. Jerry knows what he's doing. :p
In 3 years - other than division opponents - I can't name a quality win. And seriously...even the Raiders beat the Chiefs last year. Division opponents are always tough outs...so I don't count those.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Smells like success.

28 years of success and counting.

JustChip

Reaction score

Smells like success.

The grand plan is just what you enumerated. Only it’s a misnomer to call it “grand.”

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

They are writing checks now that will have to be paid eventually. Hurts gave them a decent deal with only $110 million initially guaranteed. But that guarantee has already jumped to $129 million. He agreed to an “out” for the Eagles after 2025, but got a NTC in his deal in return. “Mr. Wizard” Roseman is probably studying the Prescott situation because Philly is heading for similar circumstances if they don’t make decisions in a timely manner. The Eagles are a bad example. Like Dallas, they need a great draft to become much better than they were last year. And keeping that head coach another season after that end of season collapse is questionable, at best. And if they do have a great season offensively Kellen Moore will be gone…head coach of the Cowboys.