It appears the strategy is to see what we get in draft and then fill in the gaps

jujoboys

Reaction score
Sounds good and legit but what about the 2024 season? What are you telling your players about winning?
They are telling the players exactly what they told them last year. I expect them to do the same thing in 2024 that they did in 2023. They will fill holes with the draft and free agent signings after the draft and trades for veterans after the draft.

Jerry and Stephen aren't concerned about the message being sent to players. That is pretty obvious. I'm sure they see the tweets from Parsons as he gets frustrated every time the Eagles sign or trade for a big time player. They have to know if Parsons gets frustrated by seeing that stuff then some of the other players get frustrated too. The only players that are probably happy about Dallas ignoring free agency are the young inexperienced players that will have less competition and the veteran players that may think the money spent on external free agents will go to them instead.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think this is exactly what they plan on doing. They know they can go into this draft and move around a little to acquire more picks. Also, they know they will have 11 picks in next year's draft that they can use to acquire talent. In 2025 we have our 7 original picks and 4 comp picks. If we don't get what we need in the draft then they can acquire players that get cut after the draft or use some draft capital to acquire players like they did with Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks.in 2023. After the draft, teams will be dumping some of their veteran players or trying to trade some of them. That's when you can get some talent at cheaper prices which is what makes Jerrah and Stephen happy. You won't get studs in their prime but you can get key veteran players at a much cheaper rate.
I'm sorry i'm not trying to be rude, but this is the POST OF YOUR CAREER!!!!!!! You'll never do better than this!!!!! Spot on, love the breakdown, I can see this happening. They're waiting to make us happy with the June 1st pickups, and in the draft we can make some moves and get some players, I'm all for it. It's what they've sold us on here recently, it is what it is.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They are telling the players exactly what they told them last year. I expect them to do the same thing in 2024 that they did in 2023. They will fill holes with the draft and free agent signings after the draft and trades for veterans after the draft.

Jerry and Stephen aren't concerned about the message being sent to players. That is pretty obvious. I'm sure they see the tweets from Parsons as he gets frustrated every time the Eagles sign or trade for a big time player. They have to know if Parsons gets frustrated by seeing that stuff then some of the other players get frustrated too. The only players that are probably happy about Dallas ignoring free agency are the young inexperienced players that will have less competition and the veteran players that may think the money spent on external free agents will go to them instead.
You're on fire today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't Jerry and Micah have a conversation at a game a few months ago, where Micah told Jerry some things. Do you think he should march into his office and give him some more words????

visionary

Reaction score
Don’t do squat in FA, see what we get in the draft and then fill in the gaps with bargain bin slop.

Smells like success.

I hope there is a grand plan here that I just can’t see but I won’t get my hopes up.
The Joneses are way ahead of the game
Pretty soon all teams will be following this
Model franchise
:flagwave:

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t do squat in FA, see what we get in the draft and then fill in the gaps with bargain bin slop.

Smells like success.

I hope there is a grand plan here that I just can’t see but I won’t get my hopes up.
You know damn well there isn't a plan. Just do as you say and run it back. Don't get your hopes up because the front office isn't doing anything to improve from the last season. So don't expect a better result. It will be the same result or worse.

kskboys

Reaction score
You know damn well there isn't a plan. Just do as you say and run it back. Don't get your hopes up because the front office isn't doing anything to improve from the last season. So don't expect a better result. It will be the same result or worse.
Well, you see, it's been rumored we have our eye on this TE, you see, and, well, he used to play basketball and can jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, you see, it's been rumored we have our eye on this TE, you see, and, well, he used to play basketball and can jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still taking the night of the draft off. I love day one just for the drama. Even though we won't be involved.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They are doing a worse job of that then they are trying to win a SB because why would you think you can get a decent pick when Dak is good in the regular season and he’s never had a losing record?
He's good, when he has the O-Line. The Arizona game showed his abilities with lesser protection.

jujoboys

Reaction score
You're on fire today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't Jerry and Micah have a conversation at a game a few months ago, where Micah told Jerry some things. Do you think he should march into his office and give him some more words????
I don't recall that but I am sure Micah has made his thoughts known to Jerry. I wish Micah would march into Jerry's office and slam him like one of the QBs on gameday and then walk down the hall and do the same to Stephen. Three straight years of 12-5 and just totally ignoring free agency the entire time is ridiculous. All they had to do was just give us one big move to show they were serious about getting over the hump. Meanwhile, we get to sit back and watch a loaded team like the 49ers add Christina McCaffrey , Javon Hargrave, Leonard Floyd, etc to try to make a run. I know the 49ers have more flexibility due to having a QB on a rookie contract but there is no doubt in my mind they would still be making some of those moves if they didn't.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
we're going to fatten him up so he can be our BLOCKING TE, we're the only team in league history that's been looking for a blocking TE for over a decade! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm still taking the night of the draft off. I love day one just for the drama. Even though we won't be involved.
THere's no drama, if you go on Twitter, they tell you the pick before it's even shown on tv

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't recall that but I am sure Micah has made his thoughts known to Jerry. I wish Micah would march into Jerry's office and slam him like one of the QBs on gameday and then walk down the hall and do the same to Stephen. Three straight years of 12-5 and just totally ignoring free agency the entire time is ridiculous. All they had to do was just give us one big move to show they were serious about getting over the hump. Meanwhile, we get to sit back and watch a loaded team like the 49ers add Christina McCaffrey , Javon Hargrave, Leonard Floyd, etc to try to make a run. I know the 49ers have more flexibility due to having a QB on a rookie contract but there is no doubt in my mind they would still be making some of those moves if they didn't.
I totally agree, yet they shove it down our throats every off season at how good this team is, and how they've assembled something special here. Imagine if you added another player or 2 to get us over the humps late in the year, they don't want to think about that. They just want to sing their praises all day long

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
It's hard to call what the Jones' are doing a "plan." That would imply that they know what is going to happen in a specific way, which they do not. There is no way to know who they will get in the draft unless they reach for players and FA is a turkey shoot on the best day. At best they will fill gaps with whatever is available at that moment.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----It appears the strategy is to see what we get in draft and then fill in the gaps

Won't be watching....first time ever....couldn't care less....&*$^ them!!!!!

stiletto

Reaction score
You guy s

The car is in the ditch...our options are "bad" and "worse" now. Forget about the prom (Super Bowl) focus on deciding on the car in the ditch...total it or salvage? What's a new car go for? That's our options...so in my mind Jerry is doing the best he can given the QB we have the money a) he's owed) and b) he's asking for. Don't keep throwing money at a totaled car that always ends up in the ditch.
Haha ...I do think this is true. After the GB game, they are done with the current roster probably except for a couple guys. No sense putting money into it as long as Dak is driving. They'll let him drive it one last time to the junk yard with raggedy tires and shocks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re banking on the draft and hoping last years picks develop. Good luck! :thumbup: