It has to be asked because it's definitely possible

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Since we are doing what ifs.......what if Dak lights it up and wins number 6? Would you Romo lovers finally give Dak since credit or would you still be doing these stupid what ifs

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't see anyone in the playoffs that has the D to shut us down so that we get way behind. The Giants D could shut us down, but I don't think their offense lights us up so the only scenario I see this happening would be against the Giants in the 4th quarter.

Dak would have to play out of character for us to go down multiple scores (meaning he has multiple turnovers) That would be the only other scenario that this might happen. The only game where he seemed completely out of sorts and rattled was the last GIants game. His pocket prescense was not there at all. Other games he might have struggled at times but he never seemed to lose his cool. I think he will handle the pressure well..

I am just not sure how he would handle the Giants again.....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The playoffs are different animal.
Loser go home.

What if: Dak is confused and lost in a game? Ie. Vs Giants.

1. Will Garrett put Romo in?
a.) After halftime?
b.) Sometime in 3rd quarter?
c.) In the 4th quarter?

This is not a slight or dig on either QB? It's not. I HAVE OFTEN SAID... I DONT CARE OF "MADEA" QB's US TO SB WIN. I JUST WANT #6.

Im talking in-game, real game playoff game.

What do we do?
d.) leave Dak in and let him learn for next year?
e.) let Romo "save" a game and then let Dak start next one?
If Romo plays any, he will be back next year and compete for the job in camp. If not, he will be elsewhere. Hopefully, retired and working in the front office with Jerry and Stephen.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
You won't see Tony unless it's a disaster.
You could have stopped at "You won't see Tony". If it's a disaster, it'll be too late for Romo or anybody else to do anything about it. We only see Tony if Dak is injured. Great insurance, but I'm pulling for an injury-free postseason.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Since we are doing what ifs.......what if Dak lights it up and wins number 6? Would you Romo lovers finally give Dak since credit or would you still be doing these stupid what ifs

This post is puzzling to me. Who isn't or hasn't given Dak credit? Why does everything have to be like this? Was this way with Carter, was this way with Tony and now with Dak?

I don't get it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This post is puzzling to me. Who isn't or hasn't given Dak credit? Why does everything have to be like this? Was this way with Carter, was this way with Tony and now with Dak?

I don't get it.
Go ask the ones that continue to say what if Dak sucks.....they did it every game after the Vikings until he shut them up against detriot. Anybody can play the what if game

aikemirv

Reaction score
If Romo plays any, he will be back next year and compete for the job in camp. If not, he will be elsewhere. Hopefully, retired and working in the front office with Jerry and Stephen.

I don't think so. No matter what Dak does in the playoffs, he will be the starter next year in my opinion. You made that decision when you did not put Romo back in when healthy. I would be surprised if Jerry and Tony don't have a handshake agreement already that he will be traded. I think that came the weekend before he made that press conference.

bark

Reaction score
It was and still is one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. 13-2 49ers vs. 8-7 Vikings.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1988-01-10/sports/0010080191_1_vikings-jerry-rice-anthony-carter

That Vikings team was led by none other than our own wade Wilson btw.

To the OP's point, I personally think Dak will perform just fine. I will say this, on the oft chance he doesn't with a healthy romo waiting on the bench, the criticism he and Garrett will endure will be deafening.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yes, you go to Romo at halftime if Dak is struggling. With that said though i don't expect that to be needed.

Bingo...I'm so tired of people worrying about it being "Daks team" or "Romos team". Its the Dallas Cowboys, not just a QB.

This time of year I could care less about anyones feelings. The Cowboys have an advantage no one else has (besides maybe NE) with the ability to win with their backup QB. Why not put all of the options on the table?

With that said I would be shocked if Dak had another performance as bad as against the Giants game. That was him at his absolute worst, and it wasn't all on him. Poor weather conditions, Dez was basically just a warm body on the field, etc. I think that game was a worst case scenario for this offense.

I actually hope that Dak makes the Giants pay, if we play them.

I would like to see a blowout as payback 35-3

Really emphasizing that:

- the two regular games were meaningless.
- the Giants only beat a rookie in his rookie first start/year

Boo Yah!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Go ask the ones that continue to say what if Dak sucks.....they did it every game after the Vikings until he shut them up against detriot. Anybody can play the what if game

Well what if he does? It's a possibility that that could happen but what you are doing here, that's not real. People can and should wonder what we would do if Dak can't get it done. That's not a statement on what people think about Dak.

Does more harm then good IMO.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well what if he does? It's a possibility that that could happen but what you are doing here, that's not real. People can and should wonder what we would do if Dak can't get it done. That's not a statement on what people think about Dak.

Does more harm then good IMO.
What if Dak wins the superbowl and out plays every QB in the playoffs......

Damn can't people just enjoy the season and by the way if you don't like what I have to say then don't reply

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What if Dak wins the superbowl and out plays every QB in the playoffs......

Damn can't people just enjoy the season and by the way if you don't like what I have to say then don't reply

Then everyone will be happy but it won't change a thing one way or the other with regards to next years starting QB.

I think everybody is enjoying the season but it doesn't hurt to discuss the possibility of Tony playing. There is no reason at all, anybody should not do that and more importantly, the team better be thinking about that because opportunities to win Super Bowls don't come around often.

As to your last, take your own advice if it bothers you. I suspect that you are in the minority here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To play Tony, you'd have to be pretty dang sure Dak was not going to figure out what the defense is doing in time, and that Tony actually knows what to do in his place. And then you only do it late in the game when you're down to the last position or two. And then you only do it if you're pretty sure Tony can win it. Then the next week, you go back to Dak, no matter what.

It's really unlikely we're in that situation. Dak's so good at slowing a game down and taking advantage of the opportunities that are there. I don't think we're two scores back on anybody in the 4th quarter, and if we are, it's probably because the wheels fell off at more than just the QB position.