It hurts even more now

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what you’re trying to say. I feel bad for your friend with the addiction problem and pray that she can overcome it. But that is a horrible analogy in relation to the Cowboys failures for the last 26 years. Every year the team is different with different players and different coaches. The only constant is Jerry and his entitled atmosphere he’s created. I keep hoping that it changes every year. Maybe this is the year? I have hope.
Rocky, it's about belief in change.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I’m not sure yet. With Jason, I was sure after 2013 so this doesn’t seem so bad.
Im sure. Fat Garrett is always goibg back to green bay whether its clinton dix or joe whitt. He doesn't realize that Rodgers isnt coming. The fact that he keeps trying to go with familiarity that wasnt great anyway lets me know hes a clown. Only top notch talent will win with him. I wish we signed Marvin Lewis over him

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerry has changed several times throughout the past couple of decades.

people like to lament their current situation but the Cowboys had the draft for backups period in the late nineties.

There was the Campo years following poor contracts and worse situational outcomes with the Sanders, Aikman, and Irvin deals.

There was the Henson and Hutchinson era.

Used to be Jones was hands on everything from socks to jocks as he used to say. He used to spend big money on veteran free agency. Always trading away future assets in win now mode that never went anywhere. Constant meddling in everything.

Over time he has ceded control to Stephen and McClay. He has eliminated big money on other teams free agents. He accrues draft picks and builds the team via the draft.

people like to point to his open door policy only being a detriment. I agree to an extent. It does have its problems. It's a problem that strong coaches can overcome. It also creates an environment that sees most coaches and players wanting to come to Dallas or at the very least respect the franchise.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Jerry has changed several times throughout the past couple of decades.

people like to lament their current situation but the Cowboys had the draft for backups period in the late nineties.

There was the Campo years following poor contracts and worse situational outcomes with the Sanders, Aikman, and Irvin deals.

There was the Henson and Hutchinson era.

Used to be Jones was hands on everything from socks to jocks as he used to say. He used to spend big money on veteran free agency. Always trading away future assets in win now mode that never went anywhere. Constant meddling in everything.

Over time he has ceded control to Stephen and McClay. He has eliminated big money on other teams free agents. He accrues draft picks and builds the team via the draft.

people like to point to his open door policy only being a detriment. I agree to an extent. It does have its problems. It's a problem that strong coaches can overcome. It also creates an environment that sees most coaches and players wanting to come to Dallas or at the very least respect the franchise.

Im just wondering what strong coaches you are referring to who would ever come here that could overcome anything because of course they would never be allowed to come here.

Acquiescing on player personnel is one thing. Bringing in a strong personality as a head coach is another. Jerry will never go there because it dilutes the credit he so desperately craves.

Steve007

Reaction score
I get so tired of this. Jerry is the owner. When he steps down/dies Stephen will take over. Go root for another franchise if you can't handle it because it's not changing.
That's what this board is for. To vent. If your tired of it get off the board.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Parcells rescued Jerry from becoming Washington of the last 20 years. He put together just enough pieces and then walked away while Jerry capitalized on underachieving with Romo, Witten, and Ware over the next 10 years. The Garrett Era was a complete waste of time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So, whachyagonnado? He bought it and has the right to run it anyway he sees fit but there are many of us here who feel this was our team before it was his team. 1. I used to have a proprietary feeling about the Cowboys, it was my team or our team and now it has become their team.

Our only outlet for this resentment is here, among fellow fans that feel the same as we do. Get that venom out here and spare the family and friends because they'll just tell you to find a new team.

My biggest complaint isn't him running the team. It is the combination of his irritating personality and the downright insult that he cares about the fans beyond them making that cash register ring. If he cared, he would do what's best for the team and fans, not what's best for Booger. But, like I said, he bought it, as he likes to remind the critics so often, and has the right to run his company.

And we have the right to criticize him, he asked for it.
great post lol
1. That is good point, for us older fans and it is like it still is our team, but this goofball is running it and nothing we can do about it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
underachieving with Romo, Witten, and Ware over the next 10 years. The Garrett Era was a complete waste of time.
so true I enjoyed watching romo play though, and 2014 was a good season due to murray.
But overall garrett era almost or maybe did wear me out on being a cowboy fan.
I find it hard to care about them anymore, and then MM turns out to be a joke, so I am at an all time low as far as being a cowboy fan.
I still have interest, but mainly to make fun of them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Im just wondering what strong coaches you are referring to who would ever come here that could overcome anything because of course they would never be allowed to come here.

Acquiescing on player personnel is one thing. Bringing in a strong personality as a head coach is another. Jerry will never go there because it dilutes the credit he so desperately craves.

Johnson and Parcells were both hired by Jones. Your narrative does not jive with the both of them.