News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

beacamdim

Reaction score
I'm hoping that outside of Zeke, his agent, and the players association, that everyone else in Dallas is 100% focused on getting ready for the NFL season. They have jobs to do, and their jobs have nothing to do with worrying about Zeke, whether injured or suspended.

This, absolutely.

And what I've been telling my Cowboys-fan stepson.

No use crying over spilt milk, or wasting your energy focusing on how to get it back in the bottle.

Unless and until the suspension is changed, treat it like an injury, next man up.

There is more than enough talent on the Dallas roster to withstand this (see: 2016 Patriots).

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the Cowboys or Elliott are going to let this thing go.

Now, of course, what you do expect the agents and attorneys of Elliott to state at this time. But if what they say is true and they end up poking holes throughout the NFL's case, this is going to get very, very interesting. There's a lot on the line here for the NFL and Goodell. Elliott knows his worst care scenario. I am not sure the NFL and Goodell realize their worst case scenario.

The statement is pretty specific. When it's bull, you usually get the "categorically denies the allegations" bull**** speech, lol.

This guy is specifically calling things out. Hope he's got tapes or emails.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Goodbye Sunday Ticket!

This is EXACTLY my thought as well. I've had the sunday ticket every year since its inception. I can't BS anyone and tell them "I'm done with the NFL"..... I know I'm still going to watch my beloved football. But what I'm not going to do is subscribe to the Sunday Ticket. I'm done with that. If enough of us do it, maybe we can send a message that the leadership under Goodall is killing this game. I would love to see a grass roots effort where people quit paying for the sunday ticket to help send a message.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm hoping that outside of Zeke, his agent, and the players association, that everyone else in Dallas is 100% focused on getting ready for the NFL season. They have jobs to do, and their jobs have nothing to do with worrying about Zeke, whether injured or suspended.
it didn't hurt NE........ they used it as "tackling fuel" for another SB

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The people on this forum that think that Jerry and Zeke do not have recourse are crazy. You can say the NFL is above the law, until its proven otherwise.

They are going to fight this case and win.
I can only base my opinion on history and history tells me that the NFL will win in the end. Suspension might get reduced, but that's a win for the NFL.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The people on this forum that think that Jerry and Zeke do not have recourse are crazy. You can say the NFL is above the law, until its proven otherwise.

Ray Rice went to court and won reinstatement. Of course, no one would sign him.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score

I believe that too.

erod

Reaction score
I don't even care

That would be easier if five other suspensions weren't looming ahead. Wilson, Irving, Carroll, Moore.....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Boom!! "The NFL and Zeke's team both concluded she was lying"

... The commissioner carefully considered the issues raised by the [NFL Players Association] on your behalf regarding witness credibility and alternative causation theories," the NFL's letter to Elliott stated. "However, in the commissioner's judgment, there has been no persuasive evidence presented on your behalf with respect to how Ms. Thompson's obvious injuries were incurred other than conjecture based on the presence of some of her bruising, which pre-dates your arrival in Columbus on July 16, 2016."

Thompson told police Elliott assaulted her on five separate occasions over the course of a week in July 2016, according to the Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney's Office. He was never arrested and prosecutors declined to charge Elliott, citing conflicting and inconsistent information.

"... Given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened," Tobias wrote in October. "Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ys-ezekiel-elliott-suspended-six-games-by-nfl

Five separate incidents between July 17th and the 22nd....Zeke lawyers talks about the 22nd incident ONLY ...... BOOM!

noletime95

Reaction score
Don't like the suspension one bit. But you can't blame the NFL. Zeke put himself in this position....he hasn't learned from past player mistakes, or suspensions. Maybe he will learn from watching the game on TV while his teammates are on he field.

Cowboys are out of control. Suspension or soon to be suspensions: Wilson, Carrol, Irvining, Gregory, Zeke an Moore.

It's not the NFL. Zeke did this to himself. Was the suspension excessive who knows. The public is not privy to NFL information. As a long time Cowboy fan, I can tell you this, When Jerry Jones says he does not expect a suspension or not making deals he is lying..... Jerry is constantly in marketing and sales mode

Zeke screwed himself and screwed the Cowboys.
There is no doubt Zeke has serious maturity issues. What I don't know is if he struck a women. If he did, I'd be fine with a longer suspension. But I think there is a decent chance the NFL is playing politics. There are so many inconsistencies with their rulings I can't keep track of them all.

Also, I agree, this is becoming a Cowboy epidemic. Either way, I'm either spending my time rooting for a team out of control with no moral integrity or putting time and resources into a corrupt league. Or, even worse........both.

beacamdim

Reaction score
I agree... I typically would hate a strike..But I must say that I would fully support the players if they go out on strike this next time..and even if it lasted a season or more. The league is ruining itself and needs a little correction of policy.
They are now like the DA who sends someone to prison for life for a drug offense or other victimless crimes.

FYI, those lifetime drug sentences aren't the DA's or US Attorneys' fault -- blame Congress and the state legislatures for writing ridiculously punitive laws that tie prosecutors' and judges' hands, and holier-than-thou moralist officials who know no reasonableness or proportion when meting out justice (I'm looking at you, Jeff Sessions . . . )

Status
Not open for further replies.