News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jerry was on the committee that negotiated the CBA. If he and his lawyers want to strike, lots of info could come out. Monopolies are against the law.

He could but at what cost? We've discussed this before but long story short, Jerry doesn't want to be on the wrong side of the NFL. He has a lot invested, a lot leveraged and he needs the support of the NFL. That's why I don't believe he will do that. JMO

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This is clearly a case of the NFL not wanting backlash from women's rights group, so they imposed their own version of street justice.

There are way too many conflicting stories and testimony from different people involved for any one to draw a conclusive opinion.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
How are the players not furious over this decision? Between Brady and now Zeke, it's obvious that once the league has you under investigation, then any semblance of due process goes out the window. They reach a conclusion at the outset of the investigation and draft a report to support their predetermined conclusion.

It's time for the players to start speaking out against this. Every Cowboys player that gets interviewed during a game needs to be talking about this. The NFL front office didn't seem to have a problem with players disrespecting the national anthem. Let's see how they feel when those protests are directed against them.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Some of these posts are a joke; Jerry Jones can do absolutely nothing, just as Kraft could do nothing. Owners and GMs have no role and no right to appeal. This is 100% on Zeke and the players association.

Some continue to think the NFL can't suspend players because they weren't convicted in court...just not paying attention.

Not even close.

This was a CRIMINAL allegation that the police said was FALSE.

You dont EVER suspend any employee over false allegations. Otherwise, we could pay 100 women to make false allegations on Brady and suspend him for eternity.

superonyx

Reaction score
wow still defending greg hardy?

and yes athletes/entertainers/musicians etc are always in jeopardy of this situation and need to take all kinds of precautions to avoid this.
Defending Greg Hardy how?
You are full of assumptions...You sure find it easy to attack Hardy. All I spoke about was what opportunistic people see when they see a he said she said case like Hardy's.

This has nothing to do with Musicians and entertainers...These professions have the benefit of a legal system that allows them to defend themselves...The NFL does not. Huge difference.
Nice try though.

robbieruff

Reaction score
We all stake out and defend our positions. I do not think Elliott should be accused here of committing an assault. We don't know that he did so, and police investigations failed to bring an indictment. What's the old saying -- A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich if he wishes to make a case. The failure to gather probable cause supports Elliott's position. Obviously I don't know what he did or didn't do.

But Elliott aside, the NFL has a problem, and Goodell has been culpable in creating it. He comes off as Javert -- plain and simple. Maybe it's not his fault, but he does. The NFL looks like a combined Kangaroo Court, Clown Show and Keystone Kops episode. Really? A year to investigate a case such as this? And it is difficult to reconcile Josh Brown's punishment versus the punishment meted to Elliott. I don't think you have to be a Cowboys fan to see the apparent discrepancy.

The NFL will be harmed by its disciplinary program as long as Goodell remains commissioner. And it really doesn't matter whether it's Goodell's fault. There have been enough odd incidents and irreconcilable decisions to make him look as if he is not acting in a fair manner. Appearances matter, and Goodell as commissioner is responsible at least in part to assure that the league appears to be consistent and fair.

I understand that Cowboys fans -- me included -- are biased and would be angry regardless of the circumstances. Of course we are prone to want to believe the player is innocent and being railroaded. But one can be paranoid and still be followed. The NFL has a deep problem. Goodell is at its center. Regardless how the Elliott case finally unfolds, I hope this is the tipping point that causes the hiring of a new commissioner. Goodell doesn't deserve the job. The NFL owners look foolish in keeping him.

And Goodell need only look in the mirror to understand why he is in this position.
Appreciate the "Les Mis" reference! ;)

And very well stated opinion overall!:thumbup:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
He could but at what cost? We've discussed this before but long story short, Jerry doesn't want to be on the wrong side of the NFL. He has a lot invested, a lot leveraged and he needs the support of the NFL. That's why I don't believe he will do that. JMO
Plus if he wants the money printing machine called "Hosting the Draft", he'll bend the knee to GODdel.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Oh wow,that makes a lot of sense....no wait,none at all.
By that logic,his file should have noted that he was an alleged participant in DV and subjected to suspension.
When will they suspend Mixon from Bengals? He was caught on camera punching a girl.
The argument that he was not in the league does not hold water.
Anyone now can say the NFL hires abusers.
If they were serious and impartial about it they would issue a no draft policy for criminals.
Mind you,Zeke was never charged.

it makes sense since it is how they handle this. That is why I imagine frank clark was not suspended when he came into the league two years ago either.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly I think eze will win this in court and we will see him all 16 games
Right now,the Joneses and the entire Dallas Cowboys organization are compiling every single instance of players who have partaken and charged for DV prior to their entrance to the league and post entrance to the league.
It is a slam dunk case.
Zeke was never arrested nor charged.
The league will be challenged and the league will lose.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The chances of the Cowboys not participating this season is at
Green-0.0-website-nieuwtje.jpg
Amen. I feel confident that legally, Jerry can do nothing. He can't appeal, and he can't boycott. Owners sign away most of their rights just for the right to purchase in the league.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Sorry but the NFL is above the law...

Or at least beyond it. :)

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but trying to apply common, everyday law to this situation doesn't work. The NFL is it's own organization with its own rules and standards... Rules and standards that they can change whenever they feel the need.

No I hear you. Just saying how it SHOULD be.

The league's in decline anyway. This kind of stuff will just urn off more people to it on both sides.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The best explanation I have heard yet came from an ESPN reporter.

In the court of law, he has to be proven guilty. In the NFL court, it's up to Elliott to prove he's innocent.

It's a bizarre system of justice.
You can't prove a negative i guess...... even with txts and eye witnesses

robbieruff

Reaction score
Don't flatter yourself, you're not worth thw pee that trickles down ny leg. Lol, see you later Nancy
Wow. What a visual metaphor that is!!!! I can't wait to be afforded the opportunity to use it! All credit going to you, of course....lol!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.