News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I really don't care about anything except Jerry's response. Anything short of fighting this to the absolute end and a never ending Trump style quest to get Goodell and everyone associated with this decision fired is unacceptable in my book. There is no doubt this situation could be the catalyst for me that leads to an NFL free life.

Really.....Are you like 15yrs old?...someone that still demands attention from mom and daddy...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Some of these posts are a joke; Jerry Jones can do absolutely nothing, just as Kraft could do nothing. Owners and GMs have no role and no right to appeal. This is 100% on Zeke and the players association.

Some continue to think the NFL can't suspend players because they weren't convicted in court...just not paying attention.

I would prefer Zeke serve his suspension right now, get it done, learn that fair or not, he needs to change his habits and decision making process because anything that looks bad for the league will come down on him. However, he has no choice now; he must appeal to get that six game suspension reduced to 4, which is manageable. Six games seems a little ridiculous for a first offense, but clearly the league wants him to serve at least 4....no way this gets reduced to 2.

Appeal, serve it, and move on. If our season collapses over playing with backup RBs for four games, then we aren't much of a team anyway. I think we will be fine.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Kraft says he regrets not fighting harder but he may be referring to the team sanctions and not Brady. It may be a stretch, but Jerry may have a case that unequal treatment of players under the current policy creates an unlevel playing field which has had or will have detrimental effects on his team if allowed to continue.

Sydla

Reaction score

Yeah, I don't think the Cowboys or Elliott are going to let this thing go.

Now, of course, what you do expect the agents and attorneys of Elliott to state at this time. But if what they say is true and they end up poking holes throughout the NFL's case, this is going to get very, very interesting. There's a lot on the line here for the NFL and Goodell. Elliott knows his worst care scenario. I am not sure the NFL and Goodell realize their worst case scenario.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm hoping that outside of Zeke, his agent, and the players association, that everyone else in Dallas is 100% focused on getting ready for the NFL season. They have jobs to do, and their jobs have nothing to do with worrying about Zeke, whether injured or suspended.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Stupid remarks don't impress me. No one said ALL. The fact is most strippers have a past (or present). Not all, but most.

thanks shania.

you keep saying not all but then saying most do. It is kind of the same. That tells me that if you turned on the news and saw a story of a woman who was beaten to death and then found out she liked drugs and sex that maybe she got what was coming to her in some way...You know like nicole brown simpson.

CWR

Reaction score
Some of these posts are a joke; Jerry Jones can do absolutely nothing, just as Kraft could do nothing. Owners and GMs have no role and no right to appeal. This is 100% on Zeke and the players association.

Some continue to think the NFL can't suspend players because they weren't convicted in court...just not paying attention.

I would prefer Zeke serve his suspension right now, get it done, learn that fair or not, he needs to change his habits and decision making process because anything that looks bad for the league will come down on him. However, he has no choice now; he must appeal to get that six game suspension reduced to 4, which is manageable. Six games seems a little ridiculous for a first offense, but clearly the league wants him to serve at least 4....no way this gets reduced to 2.

Appeal, serve it, and move on. If our season collapses over playing with backup RBs for four games, then we aren't much of a team anyway. I think we will be fine.

I just hope Jerry can fix this.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Amen. I feel confident that legally, Jerry can do nothing. He can't appeal, and he can't boycott. Owners sign away most of their rights just for the right to purchase in the league.
They already appealed

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This is clearly a case of the NFL not wanting backlash from women's rights group, so they imposed their own version of street justice.

There are way too many conflicting stories and testimony from different people involved for any one to draw a conclusive opinion.

Yup, when even his girlfriends text says I am going to screw you and going to lie to the police. Wonderful justice that the NFL Police State abides by.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Don't flatter yourself, you're not worth thw pee that trickles down ny leg. Lol, see you later Nancy
KBC19-Men-2.jpg

superonyx

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think that can happen with the way the CBA is right now. If the NFLPA takes a stand, you have a strike because that's really the only weapon they have. If that happens, we all hate it.

The only way to really change things are for we, the fans (and I mean all the fans of all the teams) to make the NFL pay in revenue loss. Unfortunately, the other 31 teams are having a party over this so that's not going to happen. JMO
I agree... I typically would hate a strike..But I must say that I would fully support the players if they go out on strike this next time..and even if it lasted a season or more. The league is ruining itself and needs a little correction of policy.
They are now like the DA who sends someone to prison for life for a drug offense or other victimless crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.