News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Jerry is furious and still let's it slide, then it likely means he was given info (or ultimatum) that tells him it would not be in his, or the team's best interest to move forward on it. Bar none.
Corso--- are you saying..Jerry is going to let this slide ?....he wont seek injunction after appeal?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Jerry is furious and still let's it slide, then it likely means he was given info (or ultimatum) that tells him it would not be in his, or the team's best interest to move forward on it. Bar none.

Screw that bro. They can issue whatever ultimatum they want, Jerry needs to stick it to them for this one.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
erod--- Do you think with Jerry stating emphatically that Zeke had no evidence against him for suspension will seek an injunction if commiss does not set aside suspension?
Hey brother, add a @ in front of a poster's name and they'll get a notification that you're talking to them.
Salud!

Sydla

Reaction score
Him being at a club the time a fight happened =/= he is the problem. There are countless people there, you can't control those people. If I remember correctly, Dak was at that club earlier as well...

Again, stop the bullcrap. You want to talk about him pulling down the woman's top? Cool, that is AT MOST public indecency. Gronk does this crap on a nearly daily basis - releasing photos of girls in their underwear in his hotel room, humping a bus, motorboating women...

Elliott is a knucklehead. That's pretty damn obvious. Again, somehow, someway, other stars in the NFL are able to steer clear of trouble.

All that being said, the 6 game suspension is a bridge too far especially when the evidence here suggests that he might be unfairly being railed.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sydia--- Do you think Jerry would go for an injunction?...and how possible would it be to have an injunction granted?

If the NFL does not suspend the suspension while its litigated in court then the NFLPA would have a case for irrevocable harm done to Zeke. The case law is already there talking about the short careers of NFL players etc.

The evidence is pretty cut and dry. The DA/police did not even indict him for very good reason.

I see this as the NFL having their cake and eat it too. They can say that they tried to punish him if something else comes out down the line and Zeke has a pretty easy case for exoneration. The victim and her allegations are not only not corroborated, they were contradicted by a third party.

I don't see a judge hesitating to issue an injunction if the NFL does not suspend the punishment.

Corso

Reaction score
Screw that bro. They can issue whatever ultimatum they want, Jerry needs to stick it to them for this one.
He's already backed down before with the league... I cannot recall the specific incident, but I'm pretty certain he did before.
He is, most of all, a business man first.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke absolutely has that option if he doesn't like the result of the appeal. He can then take it to an arbitration and delay the suspension.
@eroed---Do you think Jerry will take it to arbitration?

Sydla

Reaction score
Sydia--- Do you think Jerry would go for an injunction?...and how possible would it be to have an injunction granted?

It's really not Jerry's call. I am sure he will advise Elliott and he might look at legal options for the Cowboys to sue the NFL, but going for an injunction would likely come from Elliott's camp. And based on the statement from his attorney, I suspect that they are going to go for that injunction.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

If they threaten him then I expect he would sue them. He went to court over sponsorships back in the 90s and was mentored by Al Davis who famously sued the NFL multiple times.

Corso

Reaction score
Sounds like there was more to it than that Roy.
I haven't gone through this monstrosity of a thread and I haven't been paying too much attention to this topic at all, really.
I take it you're thinking Zeke needs a proper slap? His behavior is something you deem is his true character and he needs to fundamentally alter his course post haste?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's really not Jerry's call. I am sure he will advise Elliott and he might look at legal options for the Cowboys to sue the NFL, but going for an injunction would likely come from Elliott's camp. And based on the statement from his attorney, I suspect that they are going to go for that injunction.
@Sydia--thanks for your wisdom in this matter

Corso

Reaction score
If they threaten him then I expect he would sue them. He went to court over sponsorships back in the 90s and was mentored by Al Davis who famously sued the NFL multiple times.
True... I seem to remember him backing down on a suspension he didn't believe in years ago, but I can certainly be wrong.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If the NFL does not suspend the suspension while its litigated in court then the NFLPA would have a case for irrevocable harm done to Zeke. The case law is already there talking about the short careers of NFL players etc.

The evidence is pretty cut and dry. The DA/police did not even indict him for very good reason.

I see this as the NFL having their cake and eat it too. They can say that they tried to punish him if something else comes out down the line and Zeke has a pretty easy case for exoneration. The victim and her allegations are not only not corroborated, they were contradicted by a third party.

I don't see a judge hesitating to issue an injunction if the NFL does not suspend the punishment.
I only wish the Courts would come down hard on Goodell for intentionally setting up the courts to do his dirty work and let an alleged abuser off...... as long as he can over-charge and over-suspend he will to win the PR war

All Goodell has to say is "at this time we don't have enough evidence" if something comes out later then they are covered but you can't drag it out for a year hoping something else happens

Status
Not open for further replies.