It should be known now that you never ever give the ball back to Jalen Hurts

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
When games are close though, it rarely continues to bounce in your favor, history tells us that. I think the eagles are certainly a very good team, and Hurts has had multiple impressive late game drives, but the Eagles as a whole are living a charmed life right now. Dallas was on a first and goal late in the game with not enough time left for the eagles to score but had two penalties along with a sack to push them way back. Against the Chiefs today there were two egregious drops that could have allowed the Chiefs to win. The Eagles continue to take advantage and that’s to their credit but they are leaving it in the opponents hands way too often to be comfortable with. I won’t say they are last years’ Vikings, but I don’t think they are a million miles away from that either.
This argument could go both ways depending on the desired narrative. It was cold and raining. Philadelphia had issues with the weather as well, phantom ref calls against them, but KC was perceived as the superior team so theirs were more in the forefront.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
When games are close though, it rarely continues to bounce in your favor, history tells us that. I think the eagles are certainly a very good team, and Hurts has had multiple impressive late game drives, but the Eagles as a whole are living a charmed life right now. Dallas was on a first and goal late in the game with not enough time left for the eagles to score but had two penalties along with a sack to push them way back. Against the Chiefs today there were two egregious drops that could have allowed the Chiefs to win. The Eagles continue to take advantage and that’s to their credit but they are leaving it in the opponents hands way too often to be comfortable with. I won’t say they are last years’ Vikings, but I don’t think they are a million miles away from that either.
Very well said.

Swagger

Reaction score
Jalen has won 8 straight in games where he was losing by double digits. The previous record was 5. He’s doesn’t even get out of bed unless the odds are impossible
:laugh: Good line to be fair. Hurts is the opposite of Prescott with the latter needing a double digit lead to get out of his uber comfortable bed.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
This argument could go both ways depending on the desired narrative. It was cold and raining. Philadelphia had issues with the weather as well, phantom ref calls against them, but KC was perceived as the superior team so theirs were more in the forefront.
I don’t think KC is superior to Philly. I just think they overall put themselves in a better situation to win than Philly did in tonight’s game, as many teams have done this season.

I have a hard time reading Philly’s true strength this year to be honest. They just look plain average but keep winning. If they hadn’t been as good as they were last year I would basically not consider them a contender and place them in a second or third tier of teams ala the 2022 Vikings. Last year they were blowing teams out with ease. I do feel it’s possible they are a sleeping giant right now and will wreck people when they do finally come online but the more games they play poorly the less I feel like that is the case.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Actually, it was what the Chief's receivers did (dropped passes) and didn't (catch passes) do..
KC came into the game leading the league in drops and continued the same trend. Generally they can overcome those dropped passes. Against a good team that is more difficult to do.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The chiefs was in control with the lead and instead of going for it, they punt in the 4th qtr?? I am so sick of seeing this team squeak out wins every week
Has the league set the date for the Super Bowl trophy to be awarded to the Eagles? What a great Christmas present this will be for them.

I'm certain the Hall of Fame has commissioned the bust of Hurts and is dusting off the pedestal as we post here.

plymkr

Reaction score
The Chiefs gave that game away. I’m not taking anything away from Hurts or the Eagles but if the Chiefs WRs learn how to catch the ball then it’s game over.

The Chiefs had too many self inflicted mistakes that lost them the game. The Eagles didn’t win it they just let the Chiefs lose it. Good on the Eagles for playing well but the Chiefs choked.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
14-22 for 150 yards and one INT.

Absolutely dominant.
But being fair to him, he doesnt need to be. His legs (and contract) gives him a threat for the next couple of years. The fact that he has that X-Factor that he can step up in adversity gives enough ammunition to build around.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Eagles took advantage of the chiefs miscues. The weather helped the Eagles. We must win at least 6 games to win the div. A tall task.