It's Bosa or bust

hendog

Reaction score
And what happens when we pass and he does turn out to be a stud? It's all a guess for any draft pick.

Jenky

Reaction score
First of all your evaluations are garbage, as usual. Sammy Watkins is far closer to a bust than a stud, and Kalil has mysteriously been getting worse since his rookie season.

Also what possible reason could you have to restrict with your artificial timeline except to leave out McFaddens and Currys? Only Green and Williams fit the profile of the super instant elite potential HOFer that the nimrods of this board seem to think a #4 pick should yield.

I think Watkins is pretty good considering who's around him. Mack went to 15 sacks last year. How'd he get worse?

Sydla

Reaction score
First of all your evaluations are garbage, as usual. Sammy Watkins is far closer to a bust than a stud, and Kalil has mysteriously been getting worse since his rookie season.

Also what possible reason could you have to restrict with your artificial timeline except to leave out McFaddens and Currys? Only Green and Williams fit the profile of the super instant elite potential HOFer that the nimrods of this board seem to think a #4 pick should yield.

Watkins is average 1,000 yards and 7.5 TDs on a Buffalo team that has no real QB.

Tell me again how he's almost a bust? That comment right there disqualifies you as being anything but irrational at this point.

reddyuta

Reaction score
People had similar concerns about Watt too.nobody thought he will win the DPOY multiple times.

JBS

Reaction score
You reasoning is all wrong

One of these guys is going to be substantially better than the rest

In all likelihood, one of them is going to be substantially worse than the rest

Give me the best guy...I don't care where he plays

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Watkins is average 1,000 yards and 7.5 TDs on a Buffalo team that has no real QB.

Tell me again how he's almost a bust? That comment right there disqualifies you as being anything but irrational at this point.

I didn't say he was a bust, are you illiterate? I said he's closer to a bust than the stud you foolishly claim he is. He caught 60 passes in his second season in a pass happy league and has injury concerns, AJ Green by comparison caught 100 passes in his second season. Watkins is a solid player who potentially could be more, but he has flaws. He's a perfect picture of what one should expect with the #4 pick. Keep on cherry picking.

9darter

Reaction score
If Bosa is a starter here for 5-6 years of solid, above average play then the pick will be a smashing success. People have an extremely warped view of what you can get with the #4 pick

Only if you accept bad scouting and wrong decisions. Each draft class has at least 4 players better than that, and it's your job to spot one of those players.

There's no 'draft history argument' to be made. It's a history of good and bad scouting, right and wrong decisions.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Do you want a guy who might be great in two years (Bosa), or do you want a guy that might be great in September (Elliott).

Run DMC averaged 4.6 ypc with us last year. So even if Elliot rushes for an insane 5 ypc he is only improving our offense minorly. Gurley was a complete STUD last year as a rookie and he averaged 4.8.

I'M NOT SAYING YPC IS THE END ALL BE ALL... but that show a direct impact on the game!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Only if you accept bad scouting and wrong decisions. Each draft class has at least 4 players better than that, and it's your job to spot one of those players.

There's no 'draft history argument' to be made. It's a history of good and bad scouting, right and wrong decisions.

Sounds utterly ridiculous. Going by "redrafts" shows that pretty much every team is making huge errors.

Gaede

Reaction score
People had similar concerns about Watt too.nobody thought he will win the DPOY multiple times.

Watt was also a former TE picked at 11, not 4.

At the time, you were taking a chance on a freak athlete with great intangibles just without the production, experience or technique. He was all upside, that's why he went at 11, not 4.

Bosa has produced at the same position for three years, got worse in his final year, has already developed his technique, is not noted for his athleticism or size, has bad intangibles, and is projected to go top 5.

They are not remotely similar prospects. If anything, Watt compares better to Buckner

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn't say he was a bust, are you illiterate? I said he's closer to a bust than the stud you foolishly claim he is. He caught 60 passes in his second season in a pass happy league and has injury concerns, AJ Green by comparison caught 100 passes in his second season. Watkins is a solid player who potentially could be more, but he has flaws. He's a perfect picture of what one should expect with the #4 pick. Keep on cherry picking.

You said closer to a bust than a stud. He's nowhere near closer to a bust than a stud.

I read just fine. You just aren't doing a very good job of making your point. AJ Green has Andy Dalton throwing to him. Watkins has Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and whatever other bum the Bills have trotted out the last two seasons.

Geezus. LOL.

phildadon86

Reaction score
As draft day approaches I've finally settled in on my favorite player at 4...

and it's Joey Bosa. He is the best player in the draft. He fits an immediate need and will help stabilize our D for years to come. We will have 3 young, talented DE that we can rotate through and having a good pass rush will help all other facets of our D.

Here's my thinking on the other Prospects.
Elliot- First off, we already have 3 good RB's on the roster. One of which we just signed in FA and one other that rushed for over a thousand yards last year. We are "solid" at that position. Second, 4th overall for a RB is way to high, especially when you have other options. Lastly, if we where to trade down to the 10-15 range and grab him there I would be more at ease with the pick, I like the player- not the fit.

Ramsey- People that follow me on here know, I have been extremely high on Ramsey. Long before the combine or any sites bumped him way up. But the more I think about it, we just drafted "Ramsey" last year. His name is Byron Jones. We have Scandrick coming back and there is good depth at DB in this draft. Similar to Elliot I like the player a lot, but I don't want him at 4.

No chance this team takes another guy with a past drug use history. There is no way. Especially at 4

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You said closer to a bust than a stud. He's nowhere near closer to a bust than a stud.

I read just fine. You just aren't doing a very good job of making your point. AJ Green has Andy Dalton throwing to him. Watkins has Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and whatever other bum the Bills have trotted out the last two seasons.

Geezus. LOL.

And you aren't doing a good job explaining why NFL draft history started 6 years ago, except for your own cherry picking needs. Try harder, you're failing miserably.

dfense

Reaction score
As draft day approaches I've finally settled in on my favorite player at 4...

and it's Joey Bosa. He is the best player in the draft. He fits an immediate need and will help stabilize our D for years to come. We will have 3 young, talented DE that we can rotate through and having a good pass rush will help all other facets of our D.

Here's my thinking on the other Prospects.
Elliot- First off, we already have 3 good RB's on the roster. One of which we just signed in FA and one other that rushed for over a thousand yards last year. We are "solid" at that position. Second, 4th overall for a RB is way to high, especially when you have other options. Lastly, if we where to trade down to the 10-15 range and grab him there I would be more at ease with the pick, I like the player- not the fit.

Ramsey- People that follow me on here know, I have been extremely high on Ramsey. Long before the combine or any sites bumped him way up. But the more I think about it, we just drafted "Ramsey" last year. His name is Byron Jones. We have Scandrick coming back and there is good depth at DB in this draft. Similar to Elliot I like the player a lot, but I don't want him at 4.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you are right. Bosa just makes sense. I like Ramsey, but DE is a need. If they go Ramsey then DE with the next pick, that's cool to.

As Jimmy use to say; KISS Keep it simple stupid.

dfense

Reaction score
No chance this team takes another guy with a past drug use history. There is no way. Especially at 4

So looking for a college kid who has never partaken.......hmmmmm. That may narrow the field slightly.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Now that the QBs are gone, give me DB/DL or DL/DB in rounds one and two and I'm happy. Of the two, I think Ramsey in the first makes the most sense if he's there, because there are a lot of quality DLs in this draft and a good player is almost sure to be there at #34. I'm less sure about a good DB (though there's a really good chance of that, too).

Not at all worried about our ability to draft defensive backs in general, but even if I were, you can hardly go wrong with the consensus best DB in the draft. Even if he ends up a Safety, I'm ok with that.

I'd also be ok with any trade down at this point. And I"m talking myself into being ok with Lynch at #4 (or especially in a small trade down) if we really do like him as a top-10 player in this group. The cost of moving up to #1 or #2 in a future draft is just too rich for my blood.

The other thing I'd strongly consider, if we could pull it off, is moving a lot farther down in favor of a next-year's #1 from a poor team. Gotta have a partner to pull that off, but this is a draft where there's good talent after the first 15 picks or so still, and that extra one makes bundling for your next QB next year a lot more realistic. Tunsil, I guess, would be the only possible option for that, and that's probably a stretch at this point.

Great post and agree with much of it outside of moving up to 1/2 being too rich, etc. bc I see that as only getting worse the longer/further back in the draft we are next year. But if it comes to Bosa (some drug history and reminds me of Ellis) and Ramsey, I would take Ramsey or a trade down scenario like you referenced. Would even be okay with Lynch considering Bosa isn't a general blue chipper that is common in other drafts as pointed out by a couple posts back. We aren't getting the same talent at 4 than generally seen the last 6 years. Ramsey/Lynch (would get it) or trade down.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

So you're banking on Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris and Lance Dunbar to carry the running game this season? Really?

McFadden was sharing the load last year, got tweaked in some games and had to sit out a spell and will be another year older.
Dunbar is coming off a major injury and Morris was an after-thought in Washington.

I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to go into the season with just those three.

And I understand the desire to trade down, but we may not have a partner. The Chargers probably have the last remaining trade down spot in the top five. We may get screwed with the #4 pick. So absent a trade down, we may be forced to take Elliott, which isn't such a bad idea.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Bosa. Maybe I'm judging him too critically, but he has the perpetual presence of a pothead, and that scares me.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So looking for a college kid who has never partaken.......hmmmmm. That may narrow the field slightly.

I meant in the first round. And yes it would, but yet, there are players who havent refused drug tests, and are known to go to raves and pop E.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

With all due respect, you just lost all credibility. Busts don't win Offensive rookie of the week three times nor do they put up 1,000 yard seasons (well, 982 and with average quarterbacking).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you're banking on Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris and Lance Dunbar to carry the running game this season? Really?

McFadden was sharing the load last year, got tweaked in some games and had to sit out a spell and will be another year older.
Dunbar is coming off a major injury and Morris was an after-thought in Washington.

I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to go into the season with just those three.

And I understand the desire to trade down, but we may not have a partner. The Chargers probably have the last remaining trade down spot in the top five. We may get screwed with the #4 pick. So absent a trade down, we may be forced to take Elliott, which isn't such a bad idea.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Bosa. Maybe I'm judging him too critically, but he has the perpetual presence of a pothead, and that scares me.

Out of curiosity (and I understand the qualms about Bosa and drug history), but why are you then ok with Elliot in his place?