It's Bosa or bust

erod

Reaction score
I agree, he was poor in short yardage. Insert Morris
You can't say if he will stay healthy, no one knows. He did last year.
and with Morris you can time share them even more. Plus the possiblity of Dunbar or a mid/late pick at RB.

Or......you could add a back in the class of Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, or Marshawn Lynch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Only they thing they will be rotating through is the substance abuse program. Just say no to Bosa.

Have I missed something where it has been proven that Bosa has a drug problem?

I know he was suspended for refusing to take a drug test, which he explained (whether it is believed or not). Other than that, what's come out to show he's a druggie?

erod

Reaction score
Better Question...
Who's starting at DE for us weeks 1 through 4?

Tyrone Crawford and somebody who isn't here yet.

Rookies don't do well at that position. They need to start fishing around.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'd rather have Buckner over Bosa, and I'm not a big fan of drafting Buckner at #4 anyway. He'd be third after Ramsey/Elliott.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think that's the pick too but I wouldn't expect much as a rookie.

Seeing how he is already strong and technically well on his way, I think he will be good right away.

Ramsey, Bosa, or trade down for Lynch are all good options that help the team a lot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes. Mcfadden has proven to be dynamic in the run game and Morris is a gamer. Put them together and you have a nice, solid running game. Dunbar to me is a bit of a mystery.
Those statements above spell out: mid round pick on a RB (Like CJ Prosise or Devonte Booker) Not spending a number 4 pick on one.

If there's no other choice and not possibility of trade down, then I'd just take Elliott.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I was 99% sure that article was completely false... wasn't it the same people that said we signed Tim Tebow?

No, Bosa refused a drug test in college and is known for partying, by his own admission.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have no problem with Bosa...he's been at the top of most rankings for over a year, and even before suspensions, he was being mocked to us. He will have a bigger first year impact than the smaller, less technique developed speed DEs of the past.

That said, if we can move down a bit, gather another pick, and take Lawson, I'm fine with that as well.
And if Dallas decides to take Ramsey, cool. There will be a couple of good DEs at 34. This is no time to panic. Stick to your board, listen to the scouts, and take the right player at #4. There will also be plenty of fine players in rounds 2-3-4....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The fans who want to keep knocking Bosa down and claim he isn't elite are just ridiculous. I'm not saying he'll be the best choice, but the guy was elite as a freshman, for Pete's sake, at a major school in a major conference. The scouts spend years following these kids, and the pundits, while they watch film and the combine, start their ratings based on scouting reports. Before folks started over-analyzing Bosa's 40 time and questioning if he will be a 15-20 sack guy, he was at the top of every ranking for the entire college season and beyond.

Tell me you like Elliott or Ramsey or anyone better, but don't tell me Bosa isn't an elite player. He compares favorably to the top 4-3 DEs in the NFL, including Seattles Michael Bennett who may be the best. Don't look at a 4-3 DE and compare his speed to a small 3-4 OLB, and don't feed me garbage about playing him at LDE. I'm not comparing the two, but last I looked, Reggie White played his whole career on the left side.

You should be able to make a case for your cat without foolishly trying to explain why Bosa isn't special.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
As draft day approaches I've finally settled in on my favorite player at 4...

and it's Joey Bosa. He is the best player in the draft.

RBRJI.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes. And 6 sacks that he wont get as a rookie, that too.

Well, my belief is Bosa will get you at least 10 sacks most seasons.

The reason for that is he's similar to other pass rushers who have been effective in knowing how to use their hands and movement and outwork OTs.

We'll see who's correct.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
He'll be one of the best LEs in the league for a long time.

He might be closer to Justin Smith than J.J. Watt, but either way you're adding a bad*** to your defensive front.

Given our current situation at DE, I don't understand how so many would hate this pick.

The groupthink is absolutely out of control on this one.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
durr.gif
As draft day approaches I've finally settled in on my favorite player at 4...

and it's Joey Bosa. He is the best player in the draft. He fits an immediate need and will help stabilize our D for years to come. We will have 3 young, talented DE that we can rotate through and having a good pass rush will help all other facets of our D.

Here's my thinking on the other Prospects.
Elliot- First off, we already have 3 good RB's on the roster. One of which we just signed in FA and one other that rushed for over a thousand yards last year. We are "solid" at that position. Second, 4th overall for a RB is way to high, especially when you have other options. Lastly, if we where to trade down to the 10-15 range and grab him there I would be more at ease with the pick, I like the player- not the fit.

Ramsey- People that follow me on here know, I have been extremely high on Ramsey. Long before the combine or any sites bumped him way up. But the more I think about it, we just drafted "Ramsey" last year. His name is Byron Jones. We have Scandrick coming back and there is good depth at DB in this draft. Similar to Elliot I like the player a lot, but I don't want him at 4.

JoshAu99

Reaction score
You need to draft an impact player at No. 4, and Bosa is not an impact player.