It's not my team anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's nothing in his quote about being a mod.

He’s made it “appear” he wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t running the board. He said he cares more about the board than the team. Practically everyone who comes here comes here because of the team. It’s a Cowboys fan board.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only one who isn’t getting it is you. You’re speaking for him as if you’re inside his head. Lol
I’ve followed him for 15 years. So yes, I do feel like I know him. We don’t always agree but we know where we’re coming from.

You’re not getting what he means by “ my team”. That doesn’t mean he’s still not a Cowboy fan.

I just explained above but you still don’t get it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would just think he would be more concerned with his legacy.
And what he does as owner of the Cowboys defines that.
You would think, but he's acting like the Stadium and business is more going to be his Legacy.
The guy that bought a flailing franchise on borrowed money from Dad and turned it into a billion dollar money-making machine while transforming the entire structure of the NFL along the way.
Oh! And he has 3 trophies under his *belt.

*I'm thinking his thoughts while heading towards the end of the tunnel.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Awesome. Jealous.
It was a magical moment for me,, I was born a Cowboys fan, my father was a die hard, and found a way to incorporate business with his beloved team.
I could never express how thankful I was to my father for his passion and direction, it changed my life.
He showed me that you follow your dedication, and even if your only making custom wheels, you come as close as you can to your true passion.
I love my father for that valuable life lesson.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s made it “appear” he wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t running the board. He said he cares more about the board than the team. Practically everyone who comes here comes here because of the team. It’s a Cowboys fan board.
He said if he wasn’t on the board he would have lost more interest.

All fans come here for different reasons. And all members here aren’t Cowboy fans.

Corso

Reaction score
I’ve followed him for 15 years. So yes, I do feel like I know him. We don’t always agree but we know where we’re coming from.

You’re not getting what he means by “ my team”. That doesn’t mean he’s still not a Cowboy fan.

It's the internal connection.
You can still be a fan while no longer being a fanatic with a personal connection.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The money rolling in probably gives him some sense of success.
But on the field has been mediocre for 27 years.
How do you justify that?
Because the revenue keeps rolling he can continue being the celebrity football guy he’s always dreamed of.

Remember it wasn’t enough winning championships with Jimmy. Jethro wanted more. So it’s not all about winning unless he’s the face of the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I know where he’s coming from he’s frustrated! He wouldn’t be posting here if he wasn’t a fan. He claims he’s lost his passion for the team but his posting activity doesn’t back it up. He feels jilted by the team and Jerry. I don’t even know him but I have him figured out better than you. Lol

Corso

Reaction score
It was a magical moment for me,, I was born a Cowboys fan, my father was a die hard, and found a way to incorporate business with his beloved team.
I could never express how thankful I was to my father for his passion and direction, it changed my life.
He showed me that you follow your dedication, and even if your only making custom wheels, you come as close as you can to your true passion.
I love my father for that valuable life lesson.
Never had a father.
Wish I did. I've done well for myself. Best of the family, but...
I always wonder What If?.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He said if he wasn’t on the board he would have lost more interest.

All fans come here for different reasons. And all members here aren’t Cowboy fans.

I don’t know what he’s spinning now but I know what he said earlier. Everyone who comes here is a football fan. There’s other platforms they can post on if they don’t care about the Cowboys or the NFL. He claimed his passion isn’t the Cowboys.

No, my passion is for this board just as it was on the old DC.com, this is more important to me than the team.

If not for the Zone, I doubt I would really follow the team any longer. This site is far more important to me than the team. I don't really know anyone on the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know where he’s coming from he’s frustrated! He wouldn’t be posting here if he wasn’t a fan. He claims he’s lost his passion for the team but his posting activity doesn’t back it up. He feels jilted by the team and Jerry. I don’t even know him but I have him figured out better than you. Lol
Of course. You know better than anyone but keep saying you don’t get it. Lol

Corso

Reaction score
He's posting here because he needs us. He's said as much.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t know what he’s spinning now but I know what he said earlier. Everyone who comes here is a football fan. There’s other platforms they can post on if they don’t care about the Cowboys or the NFL.
What part don’t you understand?

Again your criticizing his fandom not his points.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course. You know better than anyone but keep saying you don’t get it. Lol

Just keep bombarding me with alerts all day. lol I’ve been posting on Cowboys fan boards since 2002 I know better than most. :thumbup:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You would think, but he's acting like the Stadium and business is more going to be his Legacy.
The guy that bought a flailing franchise on borrowed money from Dad and turned it into a billion dollar money-making machine while transforming the entire structure of the NFL along the way.
Oh! And he has 3 trophies under his *belt.

*I'm thinking his thoughts while heading towards the end of the tunnel.
He is in the HOF as well, he good.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Because the revenue keeps rolling he can continue being the celebrity football guy he’s always dreamed of.

Remember it wasn’t enough winning championships with Jimmy. Jethro wanted more. So it’s not all about winning unless he’s the face of the Cowboys.
Uhhhhhhgggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.