It's not my team anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no issue with the way he expresses his fandom. A lot of what he said I agree with. However, he wouldn’t have made this long post and be airing out his frustrations about Jerry and the team day after day if he wasn’t passionate about the team. He can moderate the board without talking about the team. He’s involved in football discussions as much as any of us. If this was no longer my team I wouldn’t be posting.
Here's what you seem to not want to get: The last lines of the OP read, "... he took my pride of ownership of my team away from me.

it is still my favorite NFL team but it is not MY team."

Clearly, what he's saying is that he once felt like he had a connection to the team, and Jerry and Son have severed that connection. He's still rooting for the Cowboys, but he's not as emotionally invested.

It seems as if, because you didn't read the whole thing the first time, you misunderstood, and now you just don't want to admit you misunderstood.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's what you seem to not want to get: The last lines of the OP read, "... he took my pride of ownership of my team away from me.

Clearly, what he's saying is that he once felt like he had a connection to the team, and Jerry and Son have severed that connection. He's still rooting for the Cowboys, but he's not as emotionally invested.

It seems as if, because you didn't read the whole thing the first time, you misunderstood, and now you just don't want to admit you misunderstood.
Yep. Probably just another troll or Homer who’s only responding to the thread title and didn’t read the post.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yea right. Trolls always know more than anyone.

If you keep this up I’ll never have another discussion with you about any topic. I don’t put anyone on ignore but there’s a few posters here I no longer waste my time with because they just come around to stir things up. If you place any value on having discussions with me I would move on to something else. :thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you keep this up I’ll never have another discussion with you about any topic. I don’t put anyone on ignore but there’s a few posters here I no longer waste my time with because they just come around to stir things up. If you place any value on having discussions with me I would move on to something else. :thumbup:
Please put me on ignore. You obviously can’t handle my rebuttals.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! Awesome.

nobody

Reaction score
I know where he’s coming from he’s frustrated! He wouldn’t be posting here if he wasn’t a fan. He claims he’s lost his passion for the team but his posting activity doesn’t back it up. He feels jilted by the team and Jerry. I don’t even know him but I have him figured out better than you. Lol

All of your posting over the past few pages hint that you still haven't gone back and read his original post. That you were arguing about it in the first place after confessing that you didn't originally read the entire thing speaks volumes and makes you look silly.

Couch Coach has been consistent for years about his stance. He never said he wasn't a fan. He never said he didn't love the team. Maybe instead of defending your stance from a position of ignorance you should read what he actually put and maybe hear the people that KNOW him are telling you about him. I get what you're saying, and you have somewhat of a point....if he was saying what you thought he said. But you're wrong about what you thought he said.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I didn’t misunderstand anything I didn’t read his entire post it was too long. I already made that clear! It started off like a lengthy sob story. He admitted a few days ago he’s still not over the playoff loss. The draft is in less than a week, I’ve moved on to next season. If fans want to start threads like this they have every right to do so but I and everyone else has every right to give our opinions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least the Homer admitted to not reading the post. Sheer ignorance . That’s just my opinion. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All of your posting over the past few pages hint that you still haven't gone back and read his original post.

I haven’t gone back to read it and won’t! I read enough to know he’s down on Jerry and the team. We’re in April less than a week from the draft and he hasn’t moved on from last season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All of your posting over the past few pages hint that you still haven't gone back and read his original post. That you were arguing about it in the first place after confessing that you didn't originally read the entire thing speaks volumes and makes you look silly.

Couch Coach has been consistent for years about his stance. He never said he wasn't a fan. He never said he didn't love the team. Maybe instead of defending your stance from a position of ignorance you should read what he actually put and maybe hear the people that KNOW him are telling you about him. I get what you're saying, and you have somewhat of a point....if he was saying what you thought he said. But you're wrong about what you thought he said.
Truth,,, take the time to understand posters here and their history.
Take the time to actually read someone's initial post in its entirety before responding.
Is this asking too much from this forums membership?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m being called a homer. :laugh: Most here think I’m a hater. Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t misunderstand anything I didn’t read his entire post it was too long. I already made that clear! It started off like a lengthy sob story. He admitted a few days ago he’s still not over the playoff loss. The draft is in less than a week, I’ve moved on to next season. If fans want to start threads like this they have every right to do so but I and everyone else has every right to give our opinions.
Yes, you do have the right. But how can you claim to understand when you haven't read the whole post?

nobody

Reaction score
I haven’t gone back to read it and won’t! I read enough to know he’s down on Jerry and the team. We’re in April less than a week from the draft and he hasn’t moved on from last season.

And yet you're claiming to know what he meant and said even though you don't even know what he fully said. That's lunacy. Clearly you're incapable of rational discussion and make up things to fit your narrative. You're literally trolling.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And yet you're claiming to know what he meant and said even though you don't even know what he fully said. That's lunacy. Clearly you're incapable of rational discussion and make up things to fit your narrative. You're literally trolling.

I didn’t need to read all that drivel to know how he feels about the Joneses. I feel the same way but I’m still passionate about the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.