It's proven... Drew needs a GREAT Oline to perform

DallasDomination

Reaction score
And that's why he isnt a premier Qb in this league. He has some great flashes but is to inconsistant. people tend to look at the Oline to blame for all teh problems, but honeslty I think after 3 different teams and all their Olines being terrible I'm starting to not buy into that crap.

This is reality. Bledsoe is much to slow to be a above average QB. And I'm not talking about after the 3-5 step drop back or his 40 time. I'm talking about he's all around to slow to be a Good QB Consistantly.

He hands the ball off MUCH to SLow and when he does drop back he sits there, he doesnt adjust take a side step move forward accurately. He's just to damn slow and he makes everyone look worse then they really are.

And what bothers me even more is that we play to his weakness. Why dont we use the shotgun more? Why in the world do we never pitch the ball off to the RB?

Get this Offense faster and sharper..I hate seing Bledsoe take 3 steps in 6 seconds and then look lost...I'm all for Romo if he continues this bad play.

With that said. I do have to say Bledsoe did have a bad game and he has played very well in the past. I'm just alittle ticked off. So lets hope he turns it around.

gbrittain

Reaction score
According to Drew supporters, Drew has never had a good offensive line throughout his career. What luck that Drew has.

I wonder if Drew makes his O-Line look like crap? Nah...couldn't be.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm a Drew supporter I guess. Mostly because he is our starting QB.

But he had time to throw yesterday. He had all the time he needed. He just made horrible throws and bad decisions.

I wouldn't expect this from him 2 weeks in a row. That was easily his worst game as a Cowboy.

He played just like Quincy yesterday.

gbrittain

Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
But he had time to throw yesterday. He had all the time he needed. He just made horrible throws and bad decisions.

I wouldn't expect this from him 2 weeks in a row. That was easily his worst game as a Cowboy.

For the record, I am a Drew supporter too in a sense. He is our starting QB and hope he does well week in and week out.

The realist in me knows that DB will never change and I can not wait until he is no longer the QB.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I should of said he's to slow and sometimes to dumb to be a premier Qb in this league...Well I said it now.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
According to Drew supporters, Drew has never had a good offensive line throughout his career. What luck that Drew has.

:lmao:

If we had 5 pro-bowlers they may all be looking for jobs next year at home depot...

kidding :confused:

gbrittain

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
:lmao:

If we had 5 pro-bowlers they may all be looking for jobs next year at home depot...

kidding :confused:

That is pretty funny actually. He might be able to make that happen!:D

superpunk

Reaction score
CATCH17 said:

Bingo. I wish everyone would get off the Oline's jock. They played decent yesterday. They gave Bledsoe time, they gave him places to go. It's all on Bledsoe, yesterday. Those throws were just stupid - they weren't because of terrible pressure. He made the wrong read, and put the ball in the wrong spot.

So pleaase, everyone, get off the Oline. It was NOT the problem yesterday. I'm a huge Bledsoe supporter, but he WAS the problem. Factor in his throws where he just plain missed, and you havea pretty abysmal day by him.

And I do not expect that to continue.

canters

Reaction score
Makes me think we will se Romo after the bye week if things don't get better. Drew better get ready to be blitzed by the Skins.

I remember when BP worked for ESPN, he said that the way to beat Drew was to rush him straight up the middle--he can't slide side to side. BP knew this as the coach of the Jets.

Makes one wonder why we have not reacted to this yet.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Bingo. I wish everyone would get off the Oline's jock. They played decent yesterday. They gave Bledsoe time, they gave him places to go. It's all on Bledsoe, yesterday. Those throws were just stupid - they weren't because of terrible pressure. He made the wrong read, and put the ball in the wrong spot.

So pleaase, everyone, get off the Oline. It was NOT the problem yesterday. I'm a huge Bledsoe supporter, but he WAS the problem. Factor in his throws where he just plain missed, and you havea pretty abysmal day by him.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. He makes the Oline look bad just LIke Emmitt made a Oline full of nobodies look good...;)

gbrittain

Reaction score
superpunk said:

I was with you every step of the way until the bolded part. I am 100% positive Bledsoe will show flashes of greatness only to be followed pure knuckleheadness play.

He is a tease. Always has been and always will. As a matter of fact I would predict at some point in the season some posters will start with their "where are the Drew haters now" threads. In the end, Drew will let us down. There is no reason to think that in his 14th season he is going to pull a different rabbit out of his hat.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
And that's why he isnt a premier Qb in this league. He has some great flashes but is to inconsistant. people tend to look at the Oline to blame for all teh problems, but honeslty I think after 3 different teams and all their Olines being terrible I'm starting to not buy into that crap.

This is reality. Bledsoe is much to slow to be a above average QB. And I'm not talking about after the 3-5 step drop back or his 40 time. I'm talking about he's all around to slow to be a Good QB Consistantly.

He hands the ball off MUCH to SLow and when he does drop back he sits there, he doesnt adjust take a side step move forward accurately. He's just to damn slow and he makes everyone look worse then they really are.

And what bothers me even more is that we play to his weakness. Why dont we use the shotgun more? Why in the world do we never pitch the ball off to the RB?

Get this Offense faster and sharper..I hate seing Bledsoe take 3 steps in 6 seconds and then look lost...I'm all for Romo if he continues this bad play.

With that said. I do have to say Bledsoe did have a bad game and he has played very well in the past. I'm just alittle ticked off. So lets hope he turns it around.

good observations.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
gbrittain said:

lol lol

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:

i think my own whining about the line is legendary here in these parts, and while they were not *too bad* yesterday, drew stunk to high heaven. it's amazing to me however that *some* people are just now coming to the realization that drew needs a "drew-proof" line. i was screaming that before last season ended and was told i was just being silly.

sometimes it sucks to be ahead of your time. : )

superpunk

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
That's exactly what I'm getting at. He makes the Oline look bad just LIke Emmitt made a Oline full of nobodies look good...;)

But they didn't look bad. One sack until 45 seconds left - desperation time. Drew made himself look bad, making throws a JV QB knows to avoid. Underthrowing TO. IF - - IFFFFFFFF he keeps this up (which I doubt) I am full ready to jump on the "Let's see Romo" bandwagon. That was the worst he has played for us, and the worst I've seen from a Cowboys QB in a long time. Like I said, I don't see that continuing. Drew is not that guy we saw yesterday. With the protection he had, normally he dissects opposing D;s. Maybe it was the injury, the weather, whatever. Last year, the Oline was an excuse for Drew, anda legit one. Yesterday, it wasn't.

DipChit

Reaction score
Well the fact that he needs a great o-line is no revelation. If that werent true he wouldnt bounce from team to team after the teams realize they cant provide that for him.

Course the thing is, even if it *was* provided he still might come up short eventually.

But we all watch a lot of different offensive teams besides our own and our opponents for the week, right?

Familiar with the term.. "wow the dood had all day to throw!"?

Whens the last time we said that for our line more than a token play here or there (prolly when 2 opposing d-linemen fell to the ground) no matter who the QB was? 10 years?

Fact is, I dont expect to hear it alot the rest of this year either.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
i think my own whining about the line is legendary here in these parts, and while they were not *too bad* yesterday, drew stunk to high heaven. it's amazing to me however that *some* people are just now coming to the realization that drew needs a "drew-proof" line. i was screaming that before last season ended and was told i was just being silly.

sometimes it sucks to be ahead of your time. : )

The line played well enough to be Drew-proof yesterday, no matter your opinion of him. He was god-awful. By himself.

Stautner

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:

This is a little unfair.

Face it, Aikman was similar - he didn't create opportunities with his feet. He needed the great O-line to be a great QB. It wasn't a coincidence that Aikman's production dropped off as we lost Tuinei, Newton, Williams, Gogan, Gesek, Stepnoski ...... Aikman's talent hadn't dropped that far.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
In games against San Diego and Kansas City last season, Bledsoe was sacked a combined eight times, but he completed 40 of 58 passes (69 percent) for 558 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions, with game-winning TD passes in the final minutes of each game.

So he does NOT need a great offensive line to perform.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
In games against San Diego and Kansas City last season, Bledsoe was sacked a combined eight times, but he completed 40 of 58 passes (69 percent) for 558 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions, with game-winning TD passes in the final minutes of each game.

So he does NOT need a great offensive line to perform.

then tell us, adam, why he sucked so bad yesterday?