It's proven... Drew needs a GREAT Oline to perform

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I can't freaking believe I'm going to take up for Bledsoe but I saw another QB on the field that's slower than Bledsoe and reaches back to yesterday to throw the ball and needs more time than even Bledsoe to get rid of it. He got that time. I don't think it's fair that Bledsoe is getting so much blame. I do think he sucks and COULD play this bad on his own though.

Did that same QB throw three unforced Picks?

No, just checking. You see the problem here is not the physical limitations of Drew Bledsoe. We all know that about him. The problem is the 80% Stat. In the NFL, the team that turns over the ball less wins 80% of the time. TOs are a killer.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Did that same QB throw three unforced Picks?

No, just checking. You see the problem here is not the physical limitations of Drew Bledsoe. We all know that about him. The problem is the 80% Stat. In the NFL, the team that turns over the ball less wins 80% of the time. TOs are a killer.
I hear ya ABQ but like I said last night, Bledsoe is a .500 QB for a reason. He's going to suck sometimes. No reason to be surprised or slam him when he plays bad. If he throws three TDs next week like he very well could he'll be a first ballot HOFamer again.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Bingo. I wish everyone would get off the Oline's jock. They played decent yesterday. They gave Bledsoe time, they gave him places to go. It's all on Bledsoe, yesterday. Those throws were just stupid - they weren't because of terrible pressure. He made the wrong read, and put the ball in the wrong spot.

So pleaase, everyone, get off the Oline. It was NOT the problem yesterday. I'm a huge Bledsoe supporter, but he WAS the problem. Factor in his throws where he just plain missed, and you havea pretty abysmal day by him.

And I do not expect that to continue.

well the Oline was partly responsible for some of Bledsoe's errant throws, so it wasn't totally on Bledsoe, however, the INTs were all on him, even though defenders were in his face 2 of those times