It's proven... Drew needs a GREAT Oline to perform

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
superpunk said:
You all might be right. Maybe I'm so disillusioned with the garbage QB play we've had for years that I give Bledsoe too much of a pass. Aside from the game against WASH last year, (Torrin Tucker pass from me - sorry, it just is) I;ve never seen him play near this bad. Sign me up as slightly worried. Next week could push me either way.

:laugh2:

Another performance like last week and the only place I'm getting pushed is off the nearest cliff (Which aint so far here in Albuquerque NM).

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Stautner said:
We were talking about why he sucked in this individual game.

judging by his rating over the years, he's sucked in a lot of individual games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It wasn't the O-line's fault - he just sucked.

Sometimes QB's suck for no apparent reason.

That pretty much sums it up.

He had the time to throw. Somethin was just wrong with him yesteday.

But blaming the oline is just stupid.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Stautner said:
We were talking about why he sucked in this individual game.

Oh, I understood that. I am just pointing out that it is not unusual for him suck. He has habit of doing so throughout his career.

gbrittain

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
What does any of that have to do with my post?

I am just simply pointing out that Bledsoe sucks and has pretty much always sucked. That is all.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DipChit said:
Well the fact that he needs a great o-line is no revelation. If that werent true he wouldnt bounce from team to team after the teams realize they cant provide that for him.

It's mendacious arguments like your's that make me shake my head.

Three teams in 14 years is hardly bouncing from team to team. He only left New England because Brady won the SB and showed he was superior. Remember Bledsoe was the starter in NE that year until he was injured.

gbrittain

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:

Three teams in 14 years is hardly bouncing from team to team. He only left New England because Brady won the SB and showed he was superior. Remember Bledsoe was the starter in NE that year until he was injured.

For an "alleged" great QB as many have said he is, it is unusual for a marquee QB to play for three different teams.

DipChit

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
In games against San Diego and Kansas City last season, Bledsoe was sacked a combined eight times, but he completed 40 of 58 passes (69 percent) for 558 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions, with game-winning TD passes in the final minutes of each game.

So he does NOT need a great offensive line to perform.

And Troy Hambrick didnt need a great o-line or QB either for that matter cause he rushed for a buck 27 and a buck 89 in a couple games in '03.

Just imagine how good he'd be with this QB and o-line. ;)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
For an "alleged" great QB as many have said he is, it is unusual for a marquee QB to play for three different teams.

Most QBs also don't play 14 seasons in the NFL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:

This is true, but if you look at those two games he started, I think you can make a case that had things continued, it wouldn't have been long.

wileedog

Reaction score
gbrittain said:

Pretty unusual for a journeyman to throw for 40,000 yards too.

He is what he is, but quite frankly even if he had been Average Drew yesterday we probably win that game.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Bingo. I wish everyone would get off the Oline's jock. They played decent yesterday. They gave Bledsoe time, they gave him places to go. It's all on Bledsoe, yesterday. Those throws were just stupid - they weren't because of terrible pressure. He made the wrong read, and put the ball in the wrong spot.

So pleaase, everyone, get off the Oline. It was NOT the problem yesterday. I'm a huge Bledsoe supporter, but he WAS the problem. Factor in his throws where he just plain missed, and you havea pretty abysmal day by him.

And I do not expect that to continue.

That right there......saved me some typing. Every word of it.

DipChit

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:

Well how many of the other "great" ones ever did (or were "allowed" to do) that? Two teams tops usually when they still wanna hang on by a thread but the original team is ready to move on.

But no biggy, I feel the same way about guys like Keyshawn and Terry Glenn too. Course some peoples happinees with them is understandable. At least it beat bringing in the washed up stiffs like Darnay Scott, Tony McGee and so on, before them.

gbrittain

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Most QBs also don't play 14 seasons in the NFL.

That is your defense of Drew? Say it aint so. He keeps wearing out his welcome quicker and quicker too.

Stautner

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I am just simply pointing out that Bledsoe sucks and has pretty much always sucked. That is all.

This is crap.

Bledsoe sucks only if you hold him up to the standard of Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Montane, Staubach and QB's of that calibre.

No, he isn't among the best of all time, but he has been a solid NFL QB for a long time.

If you guys want to remember what it's like to have a QB that sucks, think of Quincy, Hutchinson etc ......

Bledsoe doesn't carry you on his back to the promised land, but he gives you a chance to win games, and AT TIMES, is capable of carrying a team.

Much lesser QB's have won SB's, and for the guy that commented about Bledsoe not winning a super bowl as the starting QB, i can't help but wonder if he knows anything about Dan Marino.

Still, guys, don't get me wrong. I'm a big Romo fan and supported him long before so many jumped on the bandwagon. I wouldn't be hurt at all if Parcells named him the starter, I'm just saying it's pretty ridiculous to expect it now.

And i think it's pretty ridiculous that so many people were so pleased with Bledsoe last year after we had experienced several years of Quincy, et al, only to bale on him now after a bad game in the opener.

We all know his shortcomings - immobile, a little slow making decisions at times, holding the ball too long. I believe that will catch up with him, and it may even be within the 1st half of this year. But give the guy a little credit - for some of you he's suddenly become Ryan Leaf, and that's crap.

gbrittain

Reaction score
wileedog said:
Pretty unusual for a journeyman to throw for 40,000 yards too.

He is what he is, but quite frankly even if he had been Average Drew yesterday we probably win that game.

I dont care how many yards he has thrown for. Look at the QB rating he has compiled in doing so. Those are now what I would call quality yards.

Look, I am not saying the guy is Ryan Leaf for goodness sakes. I want to win a Super Bowl and I will not budge on my belief that Bledsoe will never hold the Lombardi.

If he does so, it is going to have to be a Trent Dilfer scenario and as of right now we are not the second coming of the 2000 Ravens defense.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg said:
i think my own whining about the line is legendary here in these parts, and while they were not *too bad* yesterday, drew stunk to high heaven. it's amazing to me however that *some* people are just now coming to the realization that drew needs a "drew-proof" line. i was screaming that before last season ended and was told i was just being silly.

sometimes it sucks to be ahead of your time. : )

You sound like another man I know:D

Thanks for the season prediction BTW, it was spot on:)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I will say it again......I could care less about his stats, how many tackles he made during his 14 years in the NFL, how many catches he has etc. The bottom line is, I care about how well he is playing now, tomorrow, and a month from now.

Is he helping my team win or is he becoming a detriment to my teams chances of winning.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
That is your defense of Drew? Say it aint so. He keeps wearing out his welcome quicker and quicker too.

It's as satisfying as the "great QB's don't play on three teams" argument.