Its quite clear the Cowboys dont see running the ball

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have gone on record as defending the brass against those that think the running game will collapse. I dont think it will, even with these backs. But to pass up on a gift like Jackson is foolish in my opinion. So either they think just like you, which is that as long as the pass game is fine we will be good, or they REALLY think these 3 backs are going to give us the same run game we had last year. IN that case I think they are fools.

Kabeesh!!!![/quote
Im not too worried about it. If you post any thread on this site that is negative in any way you get people coming out over exaggerating and hammering you.

Im simply stating my opinion. If that erks the cry babies, I cant be worried about that. I would think there would be a lot of other Cowboys fans that are not totally happy with what they are doing with the backs here.

I think the run game will be very good again because the line is great and I believe Randle has skills. But to pass up on good veterans that are better than what we have here is mind boggling to me.

It's not just that your post was negative as most of your posts are. It's just that is was inaccurate and needed to be corrected. You're really outing yourself as a troll or someone who is just ignorant.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
LOL..........so everyone here that has an opinion about the Cowboys is an idiot because the cowboys brass knows better eh?

That's not what I said, stated or hinted at. What I was doing was defending you calling the Front Office foolish. I basically said I would be an idiot, dumb or a fool to take anyone's else's opinion on this site over the professionals. I love our constitutional right to free speech and I love that as Americans we can have opinions without the fear of persecution. I didn't persecute or name call you or anyone else.

Will you board a plane with an inexperienced pilot?
Will you ride on a bus with an inexperienced driver?
Will you allow yourself to be defended in court by an inexperienced attorney?
Will you invest your life savings with an inexperienced investor?

Well I will not take the opinion of an inexperienced Internet GM over the professionals.

Just my OPINION!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's not what I said, stated or hinted at. What I was doing was defending you calling the Front Office foolish. I basically said I would be an idiot, dumb or a fool to take anyone's else's opinion on this site over the professionals. I love our constitutional right to free speech and I love that as Americans we can have opinions without the fear of persecution. I didn't persecute or name call you or anyone else.

Will you board a plane with an inexperienced pilot?
Will you ride on a bus with an inexperienced driver?
Will you allow yourself to be defended in court by an inexperienced attorney?
Will you invest your life savings with an inexperienced investor?

Well I will not take the opinion of an inexperienced Internet GM over the professionals.

Just my OPINION!

Yah, whatever.

Anyway........there are definitely things that Jerry Jones has done that me and a lot of other people could easily see was a mistake. That is what fans do. They play GM all day long. If you want to trust in the brass be my guest. But in my opinion, that is what these chat rooms are all about. People discussing what they think good or bad. Jerry screwing up as GM is exactly why we won 2 playoff games in like the last 20 years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can remain wherever you like. However, its quite clear that you cant handle it and your comprehension skills are wanting.

My point was quite clear. That I dont like the way they have handled the RB's this off season. Either you do or you dont.

If you are satisfied, Im happy for you.
Again, satisfaction is irrelevant. The team's actions are not dictated by fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, satisfaction is irrelevant. The team's actions are not dictated by fans.

LOL........so fan satisfaction is irrelevant? I think that ownership would disagree with that.

You wont answer the simple question because your MO is simply to troll me. You could be the first candidate for the ignore feature.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure what you want me to say. I told you in the last rehash of this topic that the team's actions were clear. They really do like their backs, and they really do think the offense is going to be effective with this current group of players. If they add a young back, it's going to be to strengthen the position depth and not to be a starter. That's because the front office understands what wins football games in the NFL right now and what does not.

How do I post you privately?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yah, whatever.

Anyway........there are definitely things that Jerry Jones has done that me and a lot of other people could easily see was a mistake.

"Yah whatever".....LOL

Someone earlier in this thread called you clairvoyant. You must be. You really should apply for the GM position. Someone with your skillset would do wonders in the front office. Maybe you can replace Will McClay since he's doing such a bad job and your so much better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fred Jackson is a power back? :huh:

And is the power running game a product of the back or the offensive line?

I think he has more power then any of the guys we have. He is a bigger back that has all around skills.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not sure what you want me to say. I told you in the last rehash of this topic that the team's actions were clear. They really do like their backs, and they really do think the offense is going to be effective with this current group of players. If they add a young back, it's going to be to strengthen the position depth and not to be a starter. That's because the front office understands what wins football games in the NFL right now and what does not.

That is the best post in this thread!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would appreciate it if you would private message me and explain yourself in more detail instead of consistently threatening me with no explanation.

Quit Trolling. No private message needed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"Yah whatever".....LOL

Someone earlier in this thread called you clairvoyant. You must be. You really should apply for the GM position. Someone with your skillset would do wonders in the front office. Maybe you can replace Will McClay since he's doing such a bad job and your so much better.

I doubt better than Will Clay, but definitely better than Jerry Jones over the last 20 years. No question.

Hey, if you dont have confidence in your ability to understand the game and talent, dont bash those that have an opinion otherwise.

So why do you come here? To tell people to shut up and accept whatever they do? Talk about useless.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Could be true.

Garrett was averse to running the ball before last season and Linehan was as well at just about every stop. Sometimes people will never give up those old habits.

But, I do see this team in a bit of a pickle with regards to Murray. He's had injury issues throughout his career and just logged in 392 carries (not including playoffs). You still had to pay Dez and I think he's just a better investment in terms of impacting the team. And we had larger issues on defense than we have had at finding a replacement for Murray.

As a runner, Peterson is one of the all time greats. But, the Vikings weren't going to give him away for free and he's 30 years old. Plus, he's a mediocre blitz pickup and threat as a receiver. The cost and his age made it prohibitive, so you have to look elsewhere.

The tailbacks worth taking at our spot in the draft were Gurley (coming off an injury) and Melvin Gordon and both were already gone. And we still need defensive help, particularly in the secondary where Carr is aging and way overpaid, Claiborne has sucked since his 2nd season, Sterling Moore was gone and O-Scan (at the time) was getting long in the tooth. Oh, and we still needed pass rush help and Randy Gregory who was a legit top-5 talent fell into our laps in the 2nd round.

So do you really go after a premium tailback or do you find the best players you can get at the best price and take your chances behind your great O-Line and with McFadden (who still has the explosiveness and is a very good blitz pickup and receiving tailback), Randle (who looked very good last year) and Dunbar to help spell them?

Personally, I think you go with what the team did. I think it addresses more of our issues at a fraction of the price and we don't mortgage our future.

YR

Can I give this post 10 likes?

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL........so fan satisfaction is irrelevant? I think that ownership would disagree with that.

You wont answer the simple question because your MO is simply to troll me. You could be the first candidate for the ignore feature.
Ownership must make certain the fans are satisfied with the choices they made to run the ball--even though they made decisions they thought were best for the team's success this season? What must they do? Send out confirmation letters about how they conduct business BEFORE acting?

That's the dumbest **** I have read in awhile. The Dallas Cowboys, like any business, HOPES that the choices they make to improve their operations will ultimately please its customers. Results or failures dictate when satisfaction applies. Satisfaction does not depend on whether fans agree with every decision BEFORE the action is implemented. They have three primary running backs they project will be successful in 2015. Whether you or anyone else is satisfied with their decision is irrelevant. Is that spelled out clearly enough for you?

Please put me on ignore. It will not prevent me from responding to your posts. Only moderators have that power. You can shield yourself behind the ignore feature if you so choose AND post in i-g-n-o-r-a-n-c-e of my future comments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone here sees DallasEast as the one trolling.

hey if a troll is someone that doesnt approve of the way Dallas has handled the RB position, then by all means, then there are many trolls on this site and I am one of them.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I doubt better than Will Clay, but definitely better than Jerry Jones over the last 20 years. No question.

Hey, if you dont have confidence in your ability to understand the game and talent, dont bash those that have an opinion otherwise.

So why do you come here? To tell people to shut up and accept whatever they do? Talk about useless.

Your so right, I absolutely have no confidence that I can make better decisions then them without having all the data, experience and connections that they do.

But it's obvious you do. Good for you!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hey if a troll is someone that doesnt approve of the way Dallas has handled the RB position, then by all means, then there are many trolls on this site and I am one of them.
Clever. No one has said or implied any such thing.