It's Time for Cowboys Fans to Step Up and Show Some Pride

ShortRound

Reaction score
I'm here for the super fans meeting

nLXI3pT.gif

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
...who are quick to criticize and lose faith? You must be from another dimension where time has no relevance.

Criticizing this pile of dog poo after like 27 years is anything but quick yo. The last time the Cowboys did something really amazing people were breaking their backs when trying to move the TV an inch to the right so mom could watch the game from the kitchen. And no one got riled up when someone said that mom was in the kitchen.

:muttley:
:facepalm:

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like making fun of a preseason game 1 effort by a QB3 to protect a QB1? Some really are ridiculous fans

Mannix

Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
you first

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have already stepped up more than any other fanbase. The proof is in the value of the team. That doesn't happen without a large, dedicated fanbase.

We helped make this team the most valuable in all of American sports, and we did this despite not even competing for a conference championship in nearly 30 years.

It's Jerry that needs to step up by stepping down.

Any off season that does not start with Jerry stepping down and hiring the best GM available is a failed season no matter what happens in the draft, free agency, trades, the preseason, or the regular season. The movie will end the same way it always does.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you're 10 years old the last time your favorite team won a SB, you probably don't truly remember the euphoria.
No offense intended but it was a whole lottta fun talking trash at work or sitting at the bar knowing Dallas was the top dawg and you're about to win some money. Just sayin'. Once you feel that, you'll better understand the expectations. Then again, what the heck do I know...lol.
Not sure we will have that feeling of knowing we are going to win the game no matter what ever again.

plasticman

Reaction score
It seems as though the Cowboys franchise ownership has forgotten why the Cowboys have such a large fan base.

Loyalty begets loyalty and this franchise's owner can express their loyalty to the fans by appointing management with the singular and uncompromising focus on winning championships.

When the 82 year old owner of the team treats the position of GM as though it is a part time job, he is disrespecting both the fans and the team's rich history.

Winning isn't even secondary to Jerry Jones. Both profit and public credit as a football expert are prioritized over winning.

After almost three decades of irrelevance, I find myself less disappointed each season when the Cowboys are eliminated. It used to haunt me right up until the first preseason game the following year and beyond.

It saddens me that I have become acclimated to the team's mediocrity.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I was born in 86. I was 9 the last time Dallas won a Championship. The Cowboys have been a joke all of my teenage and adult years, but I've held strong, remained optimistic, watched the games, and defended my Cowboys tooth and nail against anyone and everyone.. Pardon me if my faith has wavered and I've lost the fire to continue investing my emotions into this unaccomplished group of money hungry primadonnas.

I've lost faith in the direction on this team. The stars, leaders of this team have already made their motivations clear. Ownerships and management did the same by remaining complacent the last few offseasons, knowing there was a small window of opportunity to make something special happen. The QB blew it in the playoffs again, and tells us to get over it? WR1 isn't on the field right now, knowing what's at stake regarding the future of the team? And manages to have a viral spat with the owner/GM?

I don't know, man. You tell me why people are jumping ship. You're welcome to continue your support. They still have mine, but it's hanging on by a thread. You shouldn't judge or shame anyone for not sharing that sentiment. How long does one continue to defend the indefensible? Support a subpar product? Blind faith is what has allowed the charade otherwise known as Cowboys management to persist, despite a long and consistent history of unacceptable performance. Management needs to feel our anger and dissatisfaction. Otherwise nothing will change...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quick? Quick to criticize or lose faith? Been dang near 30 years since they played a meaningful game (nfc championship or SB). And you say quick to lose faith. We have faith, faith that Jerry is only willing to do so much and the results are proven. Everyone doesn't live in fairytale dream land where they truly believe the cowboys have a legit shot at the nfc championship game.

Blackrain

Reaction score

I ask you, why?

Unfortunately you're way too young to truly know what it means to be a cowboy fan

And I mean a fan of the real Dallas Cowboys coached by Tom Landry and quarterbacked by Roger Staubach military trained men who represented everything good in sports and were why I became a Cowboys fan.

What we have now in ownership management coaching leadership and players is the polar opposite of everything these Great Men represented.

I will always be a Cowboys fan and follow the laundry but that doesn't mean I have to agree and be happy with the substandard product and money grubbing players who care nothing about winning a super bowl just how big a contract they can make and our owner who is only interested in money and cares not about a super bowl

gtb1943

Reaction score

I ask you, why?

kiss my grits

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
When I see ownership stepping up, being all in and giving a crap than I shall follow. Will I watch every down of every game? You betcha. Will I root for my team? You betcha. Am I less invested now than I have been in 40 years/ You betcha, and I will remain like this until I see Father and Son give two craps about this team which I don't expect, and it just makes our failures easier to deal with as it has become the norm

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There's maybe 8 fans here, all other posts are creating controversy with Dak and FO hate for enragement clicks/posts for profit.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You’re right. It’s the fans’ who are doing a poor job.

It’s not the front office who has sucked.

It’s not the players who have choked.

It’s not the coaches who have had bad game plans.

It’s the fans. We are the bad ones.
Denial is the first sign.