It's Time for Cowboys Fans to Step Up and Show Some Pride

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
Truly yours,

Jerry Jones

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Like making fun of a preseason game 1 effort by a QB3 to protect a QB1? Some really are ridiculous fans
That is not any more ridiculous than fans posting before the game that QB3 was vastly superior to QB1 and this game would show it...............yeah, there were actual posts saying that, so of course they are going to get clowned on.

Dont start none, wont be none.............but if you are going to talk trash about QB1 and then QB3 craps the bed, yeah, you are going to get called out on it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
It's like you're oblivious to the state of affairs of the Cowboys. Getting bounces out of the playoffs early, three years in a row has folks' egos bruised and feelings hurt. The owner doesn't seem to want to resign our best players therefore one of them is holding out. We just lost our first preseason game and the price of tickets has risen yet again. What do we have to be cheerful for? it's just another year of getting beaten down.

IrishAnto

Reaction score

I ask you, why?

Pride in ineptitude???

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Inept ownership that cares more about "being relevant" than winning championships

Franchise QB and supposed "leader" who, after noticing the frustration in the fan base after GB dogwalked us in the WC round, suggested that fans should get over it and move on instead of expecting more, and in the aftermath of that comment is demanding to be paid more than anyone in NFL history

The Detroit Freaking Lions are a hair away from being in the super bowl and meanwhile the Cowboys haven't been out of the divisional round since Clinton was in the Oval.

need I go on? Lol
What is your motivates you to stay a fan? Why not just move on? Just trying to understand the thinking. Will complaining and disparaging the team ultimately make them better in your eyes? Help me get it

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
What is your motivates you to stay a fan? Why not just move on? Just trying to understand the thinking. Will complaining and disparaging the team ultimately make them better in your eyes? Help me get it
Stop pretending to be obtuse. You fully get it, and understand why.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Denial is the first sign.
Denial of what? That fans have anything to do with the actual performance of the team on the field? Yes I deny that.

Why does being a fan mean you have to accept the front office doing a bad job for 30 years?

Nothing we fans do on this message board impacts the team on the field. Nothing. We could both die tomorrow and it won’t affect a single point the team scores or gives up this upcoming season.

So, that being said. Why not be honest and direct and point out the FO’s obvious flaws and failures, of which there are many?

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The minute we let one of us define what it means to be “a good Cowboys fan” is when we lose the value of this forum. This forum exists to allow Cowboys fans to express their opinions about anything related to the team.

Should we declare that being a Cowboys fan means you must love every player, every coach and every member of the Jones family, including spending our hard earned dollars on game tickets and merchandise? Does a “great Cowboys fan” never say anything about how we could be better or what we should expect? “Never is heard a discouraging word”?

IMO, we should let Cowboys fans be a fan the way they choose to be.

Brax

Reaction score

I ask you, why?

Been a fan since 63 I don’t need you to tell me how to be a fan. The criticism is fully deserved and the support of failed FO to actually win something should not be wished away with sunshine and lollipops. Keep buying the snake oil Jerry is selling. You don’t get better without critical evaluation. Imagine thinking only your views are valid, wake up stop drinking the kool aide.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not any more ridiculous than fans posting before the game that QB3 was vastly superior to QB1 and this game would show it...............yeah, there were actual posts saying that, so of course they are going to get clowned on.

Dont start none, wont be none.............but if you are going to talk trash about QB1 and then QB3 craps the bed, yeah, you are going to get called out on it.
Man's gotta have his mission in life. Glad you found yours!

GINeric

Reaction score
No matter what insults, rhetoric, and tinfoil hat wearing conspiracies you invent, you will not chase away the true Cowboys fans that demand excellence. You will not get the team to yourself.

Frankly, we need the weak fans like yourself who excuse all this to go find something else to do while strong Cowboys fans keep the demand for excellence going.

You help drag this team down by excusing failure and attacking fans who are holding ownership accountable. You are part of the problem.
First of all there is nothing weak about me. YOU and others like you that are EXTREMELY weak are the problem with this fanbase. I make no excuses for this team. But I'm smart and wise enough to know that the success or failure with this team is bigger than just one player.

Educate yourself lil guy. Apparently you're not smart enough to understand how a team is supposed to operate.

Brax

Reaction score
If you’re a Cowboys fan just so you can trash talk someone in a bar, then you need to check yourself.
If you’re a homer you need to get a brain scan. Everything is good, it’s a SB team, don’t worry Jerry knows what he’s doing, eons ahead of other teams, criticism has no place here, find another team, 1000 excuses why the team failed again and again, trust Jerry he’s all in, MM knows how to win SBs, Garrett is the next Landry, but we like our guys, I have the victory party planned after we demolish GB.