It's time to do some math

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to practice my math skills to come up with possibilities that equal 53, by position only, not by player.

QB 's 2

RB's 4 including a FB

WR's 6

TE 3 (sorry Rico)

O-line 8

Long snapper 1

Punter 1

Placekicker 1

DT 5

DE 6

LB'er 5

CB's 6

S 5

Are the numbers right for the O-line now? How about S? CB? Which position group do you take from to strengthen? Which group do you take from to get 4 TE's on the 53 including Rico.

Again I didn't use players names because there are so many pet cats. What do you guys think? Be a manager for a day

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I decided to practice my math skills to come up with possibilities that equal 53, by position only, not by player.

QB 's 2

RB's 4 including a FB

WR's 6

TE 3 (sorry Rico)

O-line 8

Long snapper 1

Punter 1

Placekicker 1

DT 5

DE 6

LB'er 5

CB's 6

S 5

Are the numbers right for the O-line now? How about S? CB? Which position group do you take from to strengthen? Which group do you take from to get 4 TE's on the 53 including Rico.

Again I didn't use players names because there are so many pet cats. What do you guys think? Be a manager for a day
Do we normally keep 11 DBs? Seems like a lot.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

QB 's 2

RB's 4 including a FB

WR's 6

TE 3 (sorry Rico)

O-line 8

Long snapper 1

Punter 1

Placekicker 1

DT 5

DE 6

LB'er 5

CB's 6

S 5

I agree with everything but 5 linebackers, I'd go with 6 and 4 safeties

HungryLion

Reaction score

QB 's 2

RB's 4 including a FB

WR's 6

TE 3 (sorry Rico)

O-line 8

Long snapper 1

Punter 1

Placekicker 1

DT 5

DE 6

LB'er 5

CB's 6

S 5

The team doesn’t even have 4 safeties who are worthy of making the roster. But they are suppossed to keep 5?

So they’re going to keep 2 garbage players at that position, due to the lack of talented depth at the position?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The team doesn’t even have 4 safeties who are worthy of making the roster. But they are suppossed to keep 5?

So they’re going to keep 2 garbage players at that position, due to the lack of talented depth at the position?

Ok how about making a useful comment instead of tearing things down. Be a GM. Pick your 4 or 3 or 2 or 1

erod

Reaction score
They may go 7 receivers. They like Brown and Lenoir.

exciter

Reaction score
I'm guessing with the oline issues they go minimum 9 after a heavy scouring of the waiver wire and trade inquiries. They carry 4 de and 3 dt on active day roster...what would be the point of keeping 11. At least 6 lb! 4 safety, think they'll be waiver scouring and looking to trade there also!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
*reads thread title*

*brain shuts down*

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ok how about making a useful comment instead of tearing things down. Be a GM. Pick your 4 or 3 or 2 or 1

I wasn’t “tearing things down”. I was asking a question.

I did make a useful comment. There are only 3 safeties on the team that are worthy of a roster spot. Heath, Kavon, and Woods. The rest are hot garbage.

So keeping more than 3 is simply keeping somebody just to keep them.

The front office needs to add a safety who can actually play.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm guessing with the oline issues they go minimum 9 after a heavy scouring of the waiver wire and trade inquiries. They carry 4 de and 3 dt on active day roster...what would be the point of keeping 11. At least 6 lb! 4 safety, think they'll be waiver scouring and looking to trade there also!

I agree but what position group do you cut from to add another? I would be more comfortable at 9 too

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I wasn’t “tearing things down”. I was asking a question.

I did make a useful comment. There are only 3 safeties on the team that are worthy of a roster spot. Heath, Kavon, and Woods. The rest are hot garbage.

So keeping more than 3 is simply keeping somebody just to keep them.

The front office needs to add a safety who can actually play.

Then keep three and add one to another position group. You're the GM. And no ET ain't coming here

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Brown is a huge receiver that can almost play tight end. Tremendous blocker. They like that.

Jones and Chido can play safety if needed so only four safeties.

Doable yep. So you're going in to game one with both Chidobe and Jones ready to flip to safety? It's an option