It's time to do some math

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Brown is a huge receiver that can almost play tight end. Tremendous blocker. They like that.

Jones and Chido can play safety if needed so only four safeties.

So you're going 7 WR's one who is mainly a blocker? And 4 safeties with Byron playing safety if either of the 4 go down. One is already down, Woods, The 4'th will either be rookie (Robinson or Kelly) or the dude they brought from Seattle. Pretty thin

erod

Reaction score
So you're going 7 WR's one who is mainly a blocker? And 4 safeties with Byron playing safety if either of the 4 go down. One is already down, Woods, The 4'th will either be rookie (Robinson or Kelly) or the dude they brought from Seattle. Pretty thin
They could be trying to trade a receiver for needed depth right now.

There will be a couple of guys here that aren't here now.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
They could be trying to trade a receiver for needed depth right now.

There will be a couple of guys here that aren't here now.

I think we would all suck at being GM's for a day lol. They could trade Noah Brown but how many times have you seen this team make trades, historically speaking. Me? Never.

erod

Reaction score
I think we would all suck at being GM's for a day lol. They could trade Noah Brown but how many times have you seen this team make trades, historically speaking. Me? Never.
Couldn't trade Brown, but perhaps Thompson, Williams, or even Lenoir.

For either a backup center type or a late pick.

They probably just wait to see if some identified players get cut.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Now see the conundrum? We have to build a team of players not just add a player because he's a favorite. We want Rico and 4 TE's, what position group do we take from. Does that strengthen the team or one position on the team. Same with Noah Brown. Want to keep him, what position group will you take from just because he's a big body who can block? Not easy being a GM. Even less easy when emotions come in to play

Reaction score
This FO is stupid if it keeps Schultz over Rico. There are a million Schultz’s on practice squads all over the league. There are no Rico’s. Don’t care how inexperienced Rico is, or if he needs more time to master the playbook. The NFL is about creating mismatches and scoring TDs in the red zone. Rico can do both.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
One week to cut down. Gotta start look at the numbers. You know management is. How do I keep this guy? Who do I cut to keep that guy?

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to practice my math skills to come up with possibilities that equal 53, by position only, not by player.

QB 's 2

RB's 4 including a FB

WR's 6

TE 3 (sorry Rico)

O-line 8

Long snapper 1

Punter 1

Placekicker 1

DT 5

DE 6

LB'er 5

CB's 6

S 5

Are the numbers right for the O-line now? How about S? CB? Which position group do you take from to strengthen? Which group do you take from to get 4 TE's on the 53 including Rico.

Again I didn't use players names because there are so many pet cats. What do you guys think? Be a manager for a day
I’ve got 1 more WR, 1 more QB (that could change if Rico plays well against Arizona), one fewer DL, 1 more LB, one fewer CB, and one fewer S. All of this could change after the final cuts.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This FO is stupid if it keeps Schultz over Rico. There are a million Schultz’s on practice squads all over the league. There are no Rico’s. Don’t care how inexperienced Rico is, or if he needs more time to master the playbook. The NFL is about creating mismatches and scoring TDs in the red zone. Rico can do both.

So you like Rico. He is a bit of a hot button on here. Ok,so you're keeping 3 TE's. And One is Rico. Cool that works

Sydla

Reaction score
They may go 7 receivers. They like Brown and Lenoir.

Thompson is one.

Williams, Hurns, Gallup, Beasley, Austin.

That’s 5. If they go to 7 it’s for Lenoir and Thompson because they can’t admit their mistake with Thompson.