It's time to do some math

J12B

Reaction score
Of course we have to remember Witten had just told the team he was going to retire, and the team was a little caught off guard, plus the team didn’t yet know Irving was going to be out or that Collins was going to get hurt. 3Tech type DTs were not a shortage for the Cowboys at the time.

Very true. But he had so much value and would have been a nice replacement to Crawford.

Hopefully Schultz starts showing up more because we do need a reliable TE.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree on not having seen a damn thing from Schultz, but he was a consensus top 5 tight end in the 2018 draft class for a reason. (Bad year for TEs, I know.) If they can't find a way to IR him, like the Eagles did with the disappointing Donnel Pumphrey last year, I find it unlikely that they'll want to take their chances on him clearing waivers and us being able to store him on PS for a year.
Consensus top 5? Not what I saw.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true. But he had so much value and would have been a nice replacement to Crawford.

Hopefully Schultz starts showing up more because we do need a reliable TE.

Except they were almost certain to have kept Crawford, and even without Crawford the team had an abundance of 3 Techs.

But I don’t disagree about it being nice to get so much value with somlate a pick. It’s interesting though because the other 31 teams also passed on him until the 5th round, so it seems it wasn’t just the Cowboys that had worries about the heart issue.

exciter

Reaction score
I agree but what position group do you cut from to add another? I would be more comfortable at 9 too
There's no point in keeping 11 dline to start the season this year. They could go 4 at cb as only one of the 4 bubble players they're considering isn't ps eligible. Not sure any of the safeties outside of top 3 are worth keeping, and look more like ps candidates themselves. The team routinely kept 10 online before the investment began with Smith so they shouldn't have too much issue figuring it out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Consensus top 5? Not what I saw.

Walter Football had Schultz rated no. 8 at tight end prospects for 2018.
PFF didn't even rank him top 10.
USA Today had him ranked 6th.
Draftek had him 5th.

Not a consensus top 5 from what I found...

millennial_legend

Reaction score
There's no point in keeping 11 dline to start the season this year. They could go 4 at cb as only one of the 4 bubble players they're considering isn't ps eligible. Not sure any of the safeties outside of top 3 are worth keeping, and look more like ps candidates themselves. The team routinely kept 10 online before the investment began with Smith so they shouldn't have too much issue figuring it out.
Quantity is useless, it's all about quality. Quantity? you can always find guys off various PS's throughout the season if guys get injured.

Until Freddy is back... Tyron, Williams, Looney, Martin, Collins, Fleming, Green, and Edwards are your 8 guys... nobody else is close to NFL caliber.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Walter Football lists several guards possibly available, most in there late 20's, with a 2 1/2 star rating, i.e. average. Joe Berger retired, and is 36 but was still productive and is rated at 3 stars.

Maybe tempt him out of retirement?

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Walter Football lists several guards possibly available, most in there late 20's, with a 2 1/2 star rating, i.e. average. Joe Berger retired, and is 36 but was still productive and is rated at 3 stars.

Maybe tempt him out of retirement?
He had a solid career after we let him go, instead choosing to trot out slow floundering scrubs like Davis and Gurode... aka the Great Sieve of Dallas.

Verdict

Reaction score
I need better glasses. I thought the premise of this thread was it is time to do some METH.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Quantity is useless, it's all about quality. Quantity? you can always find guys off various PS's throughout the season if guys get injured.

Until Freddy is back... Tyron, Williams, Looney, Martin, Collins, Fleming, Green, and Edwards are your 8 guys... nobody else is close to NFL caliber.
Post Of The Day!:clap: