ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak hasn't proven he can be a clutch QB. :thumbdown:
Not true, the team has improved over the last 12 win seasons and other than quarterback mistakes were the problem. Blame the culprits first.

bandfan

Reaction score
So, basically what I have learned here today is as follows, if you draft a quarterback and he takes you to the SB every year but doesn't win it then when his rookie deal is over you cut him no questions asked.

Reaction score
Don't have to replace Dak with an equal caliber QB.

Replace him with a better *value* QB, and use the extra resources left over to build a better overall team.
I don't know about that, I agree his salary is a problem but his skill level is at the bare minimum (if that) so equal or better is the goal in my mind, and if it's equal then the salary should be adjusted downward.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He is not even in the top 10 anymore of QB money.

People are gonna have to stop saying this.
Who is the highest paid player on the team?
Compare daks pay to Parsons, now and even after he gets paid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Go back to High School and learn how to be a fan and root for the play...for the all negatives. Redevelopment of team respect is at this core. Over the past two seasons, this team has earned everyone's respect.

Football is still a sport and each and every game...all considered, are in question in football. But for reasons way beyond a non-stop crying despite the good and respectable play.
Most cowboy players are not even aware of the people on this board lol.
They dont want,care about, or need yours or our respect.
They only read some of what is on twitter and other popular social media sites.

These guys are not kids in HS, they make millions, get glorified at games and by media. They dont even care what we think.

It is a totally different era now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I *get* it. I think he's slightly better than Tony Romo but the lack of divisional round play-off success is an albatross around his neck and he needs to do something about it.
That is unfair to say that about Dak. How about the last 28 years bring an albatross around the teams neck?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Most cowboy players are not even aware of the people on this board lol.
They dont want,care about, or need yours or our respect.
They only read some of what is on twitter and other popular social media sites.

These guys are not kids in HS, they make millions, get glorified at games and by media. They dont even care what we think.
U
It is a totally different era now.
The post was about a supportive fan which you right off discounted it's value...do the same in law enforcement or to Veterans?

I usually get a corn dog at a fair.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Some of this is true but he’s been enough to help keep this franchise relative and interesting.
The point of my comment wasn't to be negative on Dak, but positive on a different personnel strategy.
There is lots to like about Dak, but it seems pretty clear that the injury set him back a lot. Dak has been up and down, and last year was down. QBs cost a lot, I think the market is inflated for all but the Mahomes of the world, and Dak ain't one of them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dez would’ve looked great regardless IMO he got held back here. If he had Aaron Rodgers he would’ve broken records. Miles Austin was also good he had hamstring issues. I don’t remember guys like Dunbar or Escobar even being good with Romo lol.
Yeah, Dez would have better numbers if paired with a top 5 all time QB. That you're using Rodgers are your counter example proves my point.

I didn't say Dunbar or Escobar were good with Romo, only that Romo got production out of them. Which was the point. Not that good. Still productive with Romo.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Free agency is mainly full of players other teams don’t want but this is what will put the Cowboys over the hump?
Maybe Free agency. Maybe the draft.

Recall that Dak had a very good season as a rookie. If the team hadn't been buried in older players and their cap overhang, maybe we could have had enough of a team to get over the hump with Dak *in his rookie contract*.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If anything Beasley helped make Dak. Beasley was Dak's go to in the short middle.

With a season of tape to study, defenses took that away from Dak and all of a sudden the entire receiver group was criticized for "not being able to get separation".
Because we didn't send Beasley upfield, all teams had to do was provide 1/2 a player help on bracket Beasley on the inside, allowing the full player on Beasley to take outside leverage, taking away the outside cut.

I always wondered about the rumor that Butler put out there that Romo was making the weekly game plan. Wondered if that still applied in 2016.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't know about that, I agree his salary is a problem but his skill level is at the bare minimum (if that) so equal or better is the goal in my mind, and if it's equal then the salary should be adjusted downward.
But the market is what it is. I think average QBs are overvalued, but as long as they are, average QBs won't be playing for less than that overvalued salary.
The only alternative is to shop in the *undervalued* QB market.

pitt33

Reaction score
I appreciate his regular season wins.

How can anyone appreciate his underwhelming performances in the playoffs?

We’ll see where this season goes. Just not feeling anymore excited for the offense.

Now the defense could be really fun to watch.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not true, the team has improved over the last 12 win seasons and other than quarterback mistakes were the problem. Blame the culprits first.
What I always see are people talking about QBs like they all play on the exact same team. A lot of those crap QBs we've had were also on crap teams. No way Dak is not having any losing seasons if he played on the 2000 to 2002 Cowboys.

I also never thought Dak was as good as Romo. But Dak was never as reckless with the ball. Last year he shared that part with Tony, just not his passing skills.