News: Jake Ferguson Brought the Heat in Cowboys Rookie Camp

plasticman

Reaction score
Do "Those around the team" have job titles describing their ability to evaluate NFL talent like "Director of Player Personnel" or "Head Coach", or "Scout".....or are their titles more in line with "Food and beverage employee" or "mail room" or "custodian"? I think it's an important distinction.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I hope Ferguson turns out to be special, but come on…..it was freakin’ rookie mini camp with no pads and mostly undrafted free agents in the secondary. Let’s
the accolades and silly posts about the end of Shultz until we see Ferguson vs our real defenders and in preseason.
Hater :)

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I hope he ends up being a great pick. He is supposed to be a “great blocker”. So was Schultz lol…

I don’t know where the “he’s a great blocker” reports are coming from. IMO there is a narrative that says “he played at Wisconsin so he must be great at blocking!!” that simply isn’t rooted in reality.

Here is his draft profile:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jake-ferguson/32004645-5214-6119-2797-33878db83d5a

glimmerman

Reaction score
He's the best TE we've had here since Eric Bjornson.
I swear you never know with these type players. If he can block and catch a pass then i will be over the moon. We need 2 things. A TE that can get that edge block or seal the edge and a OC that will call a off tackle run.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys selected Wisconsin TE Jake Ferguson with the 129th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Ferguson was a factor in the Badger offense all four seasons, catching 145 passes for 1,168 yards and 13 touchdowns in his college career. Last season, he caught 46 passes for 450 yards and three touchdowns, earning First-team All-Big Ten honors.

Furthermore, Ferguson was the leading receiver during Reese’s Senior Bowl. He finished with three receptions for 62 yards and a touchdown in the annual contest.

The off-season has just begun for Dallas, and for now, Ferguson will backup Dalton Schultz in his rookie campaign and compete with Jeremy Sprinkle and Sean McKeon for the TE2 spot.

This past weekend, FanSided NFL Insider Matt Lombardo said Ferguson was a standout during the camp.

“Those around the team said he has a chance to be special,” said Lombardo. The former Badger standout “turned heads with his physicality, and “really solid body control in the passing game.”

https://insidethestar.com/jake-ferguson-brought-the-heat-in-cowboys-rookie-camp/

I like him better than the tight end that the Falcons picked last year pits.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a 4th round pick, if he is equal to Schultz as a receiver and better than Schultz as a blocker, then it's a win.
I think you’ll be better overall than Pitts what do you think of that

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bro, almost all 9 of our draft picks (2022) are going to be very good players, but I really like...

OG Tyler Smith
DE Sam Williams
WR Jalen Tolbert
TE Jake Ferguson
NG John Ridgeway

Lets not sleep on the LSU linebacker either. In a year, he could be the steal of the draft.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems some of the TEs we've tried lately have been "weighed, tested and found wanting." Here's hoping Ferguson is the answer!:thumbup: