News: Jake Ferguson Brought the Heat in Cowboys Rookie Camp

ghst187

Reaction score
Jason Witten was a 3rd round pick. I bet back then many would have said the same about him.
I do not remember anyone saying he was going to be something special.

Uhhh I think you’re way off on that. It was silliness that Witten wasn’t the first TE off the board that year that perplexed a lot of people. He was a stud at Tenn and I def knew he was going to be very good. This guy is no Witten. His ceiling is somewhere around Schultz.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bro, almost all 9 of our draft picks (2022) are going to be very good players, but I really like...

OG Tyler Smith
DE Sam Williams
WR Jalen Tolbert
TE Jake Ferguson
NG John Ridgeway
Was never going to be a sexy draft sitting at 24, but the evaluation can not be denied.
Came away with some solid players in this draft considering our draft position.
Its almost like we are trying to draft players that can fulfill their rookie contract.
No sarcasm intended or implied, just obvious is all when you look at these players and can directly see them easily making the roster, probably the entire class, and some UDFAs getting stashed.
Teams should be lining up for our UDFA and vet cuts.
The last line I was being sarcastic, but you get my point, listening to who actually evaluates the talent is the only way you make this non FA build model work, you have to have consecutive highly productive drafts
if your not playing in the over priced FA market, so good on Jerry and this FO for finally learning something and believing in who they pay to evaluate the talent.
Its been a WM draft for 2021 and 2022 easily when you look at the picks and the upside.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
There's nobody there to really challenge Ferguson as the #2 te even if he isn't that great.

If he's not that good as a receiving te it's gonna mess up our whole dynamic on offense

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys selected Wisconsin TE Jake Ferguson with the 129th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Ferguson was a factor in the Badger offense all four seasons, catching 145 passes for 1,168 yards and 13 touchdowns in his college career. Last season, he caught 46 passes for 450 yards and three touchdowns, earning First-team All-Big Ten honors.

Furthermore, Ferguson was the leading receiver during Reese’s Senior Bowl. He finished with three receptions for 62 yards and a touchdown in the annual contest.

The off-season has just begun for Dallas, and for now, Ferguson will backup Dalton Schultz in his rookie campaign and compete with Jeremy Sprinkle and Sean McKeon for the TE2 spot.

This past weekend, FanSided NFL Insider Matt Lombardo said Ferguson was a standout during the camp.

“Those around the team said he has a chance to be special,” said Lombardo. The former Badger standout “turned heads with his physicality, and “really solid body control in the passing game.”

https://insidethestar.com/jake-ferguson-brought-the-heat-in-cowboys-rookie-camp/

I like the player, but expectations are very limited from Ferguson, only because TE is a very difficult position at this level to transcend quickly.
Takes a couple years for even the top elite drafted.
Unless your prepared to take a Pitts 4th overall and feature the TE than you are in line waiting for prospects like Ferguson to develop to the point that they demand looks.
We have all seen what we thought were decent TE prospects crash and burn in Dallas, but with Jarwins flush Ferguson has an easy in.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Was never going to be a sexy draft sitting at 24, but the evaluation can not be denied.
Came away with some solid players in this draft considering our draft position.
Its almost like we are trying to draft players that can fulfill their rookie contract.
No sarcasm intended or implied, just obvious is all when you look at these players and can directly see them easily making the roster, probably the entire class, and some UDFAs getting stashed.
Teams should be lining up for our UDFA and vet cuts.
The last line I was being sarcastic, but you get my point, listening to who actually evaluates the talent is the only way you make this non FA build model work, you have to have consecutive highly productive drafts
if your not playing in the over priced FA market, so good on Jerry and this FO for finally learning something and believing in who they pay to evaluate the talent.
Its been a WM draft for 2021 and 2022 easily when you look at the picks and the upside.
:clap: Well said bro.

Aven8

Reaction score
No one had ever heard of Kelce either so you never really know.

Havic

Reaction score
I am hoping Ferguson is the reason why Schultz walks next year.

Knotamus

Reaction score
No offense to the poster or the tweet..

But C’mon.. two days into OTAs with shorts and helmets on.. and Ferguson is already being anointed as “Special”. :rolleyes:

I’ll reserve further opinions when the season starts