Jake Ferguson has the potential to be a Pro Bowl fixture

Blackrain

Reaction score
Finally a guy that gives us a presence long time since we had any kind of enforcer somebody who would punch people in the mouth rather than getting punched in the mouth.

And hey anybody that can leap over eagles players and make them look like complete gaping glass holes is an integral part of the team in my book

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a
Sure it is.

Shield the defender, attack the football. He basically just let the defender put himself into a 50/50 position.
That's a technique. not one that is guaranteed to be used or even successful every time.

Plus, on the field there isn't time to watch replays and determine the best way to handle a situation. There is no hindsight.

There are no mistake free players in the NFL. Even elite TE's will occasionally drop a much easier pass than that one. Look at the stats - there are no TE's with a 100% catch percentage

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not a

That's a technique. not one that is guaranteed to be used or even successful every time.

Plus, on the field there isn't time to watch replays and determine the best way to handle a situation. There is no hindsight.

There are no mistake free players in the NFL. Even elite TE's will occasionally drop a much easier pass than that one. Look at the stats - there are no TE's with a 100% catch percentage
If the standard is that TEs don't make that play, then don't invest in TEs.

You are 1-1 with a LBer - either win the route or be competitive at the catch point. He did neither.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the standard is that TEs don't make that play, then don't invest in TEs.

You are 1-1 with a LBer - either win the route or be competitive at the catch point. He did neither.
That's a completely bogus response. I didn't say the standard is that TE's don't make that play, I said it's not the standard that an elite TE would make that play every time.

The standard isn't to drop what should be a much easier pass than that, but an elite TE will, occasionally, do that.

Again, your narrative that an elite TE is infallible is nonsensical

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That's a completely bogus response. I didn't say the standard is that TE's don't make that play, I said it's not the standard that an elite TE would make that play every time.

The standard isn't to drop what should be a much easier pass than that, but an elite TE will, occasionally, do that.

Again, your narrative that an elite TE is infallible is nonsensical
I didn't say an elite TE is infallible. I said the standard for an elite TE is to make that play. You have two opportunities to win a 1-1 route against a LB - on the route or at the catch point. The Kelces and Andrews of the world win that every time.

You just have a lower bar for "elite" than me.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I am liking what Ferg is doing. Playing tough and getting extra yards after the catch. He looks more nimble then Schultz ever been and seems to break more tackles. We should try to get him involved a little more. Also I seen him smash the DE on at least 1 block yesterday. I think it was Reddick who he put on his butt.
He had one like that last week too, he chips a defender and the defender stumbled back 3 yds and fell on his butt, from a chip block, then he goes on his route and makes a big catch for a 1st down. That was a pretty impressive sequence.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say an elite TE is infallible. I said the standard for an elite TE is to make that play.

You just have a lower bar than me.
You're backpeddling. You said an elite TE would not missed that pass, or have it knocked away, period. You left no room for the reality that even an elite TE can fail to catch a pass, and ignored it when I accurately pointed out that even elite TE's can occasionally miss a pass that is easier than that one. Further, you argued with me by ridiculously saying an elite TD can't have a pass knocked away.

You're trying to absolutes where absolutes don't exist.

Look at the video below and tell me an elite TE can't drop a pass. Or are you going to claim Kelce isn't an elite TE?

https://www.nfl.com/videos/travis-kelce-drops-pass-that-would-ve-moved-chains-on-third-and-2

Hardline

Reaction score
He trash talks AFTER those clowns get in his face when they give him a hard pop. Did you mind the 90s cowboys trash talk? Because they were like the NFL's version of the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s.
Those Cowboys won Super Bowls. They get a free pass.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You're backpeddling. You said an elite TE would not missed that pass, or have it knocked away, period.
THEY WOULDN'T. They would win the rep. I didn't say they'd never drop a pass or make a mistake.

Stop blathering. Your words per things actually said rate is terrible, and as always, you have absolutely 0 ability to understand what I'm saying.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those Cowboys won Super Bowls. They get a free pass.
You don't think Michael Irvin was talking trash before he won a Super Bowl? In any case, it seems Ferguson is at least as much, or more, responding to defenders who get in his face when he gets pumped up after a big play

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THEY WOULDN'T. I didn't say they'd never drop a pass or make a mistake.

Stop blathering. Your words per things actually said rate is terrible, and as always, you have absolutely 0 ability to understand what I'm saying.
lol. Now your saying they wouldn't miss that pass, but they do miss passes.

Explain how you can agree that an elite TE can fail to make a catch on other passes, but on this particular pass, with a defender right there and getting his hand in the way, it's impossible that an elite TE wouldn't make it.

You aren't making any sense.

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
lol. Now your saying they wouldn't miss that pass, but they do miss passes.

Explain how you can agree that an elite TE can fail to make a catch on other passes, but on particular pass, with a defender right there and getting his hand in the way, it's impossible that an elite TE wouldn't make it.

You aren't making any sense.
They win the rep so that the defender doesn't knock it away. That is entirely separate from actually making the catch - drops happen to everyone.

The fact that it doesn't make sense is because your whole schtick is just nitpicking the semantics of an argument and refusing to understand the actual point. You're not as clever as you like to pretend to be.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They win the rep so that the defender doesn't knock it away. That is entirely separate from actually making the catch - drops happen to everyone.

The fact that it doesn't make sense is because your whole schtick is just nitpicking the semantics of an argument and refusing to understand the actual point. You're not as clever as you like to pretend to be.
You're completely ignoring the fact that defenders do sometimes knock balls away, even from elite TE's

And you are ignoring that even an elite TE is capable of missing a pass that would be much easier to catch that that one.

As for semantics - you specifically wrote that you can say it is impossible for a TE to have a pass batted away. There is no interpretation there. You said that.

You argue one thing, then when called on it deny saying it, then go right back to arguing what you denied.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He is very well rounded as a reciever, you attack the seem with him. You can have him catch that slant or drag in traffic. You can dump it off and have him pick up yards after the catch. Most importantly I think the talent is there for him to do these on a level where DC's try to take him away.

And dude is just a player. You see teams so often take TE's in the top 64 and have them be Noah Fant. I mean he is good, and stuff. When you have a Noah Fant, well at least you have a Noah Fant. But those guys eat leftovers like Shultz did. I think in Ferguson, we have a guy that could really become a catalytic player
I think he looks like a young kelcy from KC.
Size speed athletic, good hands, and fiery emotional. So if he stays healthy he looks very good.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He was a fourth round pick. We wasted a fourth round pick trading for Trey Lance. Think about that.
Viliami Fehoka was our 4th rounder this year. How’s that working out?

The Cowboys gave Lance a 2nd round grade. I trade a 4th rounder for a developmental QB with a 2nd round grade any day of the week.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
As for semantics - you specifically wrote that you can say it is impossible for a TE to have a pass batted away. There is no interpretation there. You said that.
Also, no I didn't lmao. Your insistence on making things up and acting like they are fact is crazy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're ignoring that good receivers/TEs prevent them from doing that.
I'm not at all ignoring that they do sometimes.

It's nonsensical to say they do every time, and it's nonsensical to suggest one play determines the level a player is at.