Jalen Tolbert speaks

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am cheering for the kid as now he will come in as the 4th receiver. The problem is he made two big mental errors that are not excusable. Preseason had a easy touchdown but stepped out of bounds and lining up offside, costing us the Packers game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes he and Keenan McCardell were a tough combo there.
exactly. Smith was a late bloomer. He just needed reps and time in games. Some guys learn better like that in games. Hard to learn anything from the sidelines or training table. Might be better to throw him in there for a full game and let him get his lumps.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A kid from Troy did dominate out of the gate... but it was on the defensive side.

Anyhow, Tolbert couldn't line up properly he had other issues besides adjusting to the league.
Yeah I've never bought into the small school = player isn't ready or talented idea. There have been plenty of small school players that transitioned into the NFL just fine. Just like there have been plenty of players from big programs that bust in the NFL. Really comes down to the individual player.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Keep an eye on this kid.........

He really shouldn't talk. That's how bad he was. Extremely bad. So disappointing for a costly 3rd round pick. Showed he had no business being drafted that high. He has so much work to do to prove he even belongs on the team. Last thing he needs to be doing right now is talking.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
He really shouldn't talk. That's how bad he was. Extremely bad. So disappointing for a costly 3rd round pick. Showed he had no business being drafted that high. He has so much work to do to prove he even belongs on the team. Last thing he needs to be doing right now is talking.
Absolutely. He should just be rude, and ignore people when they ask him questions, instead of politely answer them. Nothing shows humility more than being rude to reporters.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely. He should just be rude, and ignore people when they ask him questions, instead of politely answer them. Nothing shows humility more than being rude to reporters.
You're right. He could have said, "Sorry folks. Nothing to say. I haven't earned it. Have much to work on. Thank you. Have a nice day."

817Gill

Reaction score
You're right. He could have said, "Sorry folks. Nothing to say. I haven't earned it. Have much to work on. Thank you. Have a nice day."
I get what you mean man but that’s just not how humans work and that’s not how you treat media members who have a job to do.

He was asked a question and he responded humbly and said he needed to improve. To say he hasn’t earned the right to literally speak words as a human being is nuts lol. Having a bad rookie year doesn’t mean you can’t answer a question.

It’s not like he was doing it on his own platform either or tweeting it. He simply just said he needs to improve and he’s looking forward to doing it. Treat him like a human and not just some commodity.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I get what you mean man but that’s just not how humans work and that’s not how you treat media members who have a job to do.

He was asked a question and he responded humbly and said he needed to improve. To say he hasn’t earned the right to literally speak words as a human being is nuts lol. Having a bad rookie year doesn’t mean you can’t answer a question.

It’s not like he was doing it on his own platform either or tweeting it. He simply just said he needs to improve and he’s looking forward to doing it. Treat him like a human and not just some commodity.
Meh. I'm pissed more at the front office using a costly 3rd round pick on this dud.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I actually expected him to be our no 3 ,never have i been let down so much by a player in recent times.he got hurt in camp and never got into the NFL grove.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will need to improve this season. Hoping so. I would see about picking up Hilton also.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I’m so amazed a kid from South Alabama didn’t just dominate out of the gate.

If the team expected him to even be somewhat productive it was peak naïveté.
I think people could accept rookie growing pains as it pertains to game speed. But the off-sides penalty was the big one, it is something I assume he has done since pee-wee when lining up as WR.

817Gill

Reaction score
Meh. I'm pissed more at the front office using a costly 3rd round pick on this dud.
For all the good drafting we do, you’re gonna have some busts. He was regarded as a 2-3rd round prospect so they didn’t make any strange decisions there.

Sometimes it works sometimes not, but at least have to give him 2 years before labeling him a bust. Plenty of guys struggle year one.

Also, don’t take it out on him lol he didn’t draft himself haha