James Webb Space Telescope Launch

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earth is actually not round. The Earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid.
Yo momma is an ellipsoid.
PSbxSjR.png

Well, I'm betting on Cowpolk. Pac-Man with teeth? That's some scary <expletive>...

:p

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Could be Gremlins and spicy nachos with extra chees and bacon

Inner earth gremlin bacon, or do they raise livestock?

I don't eat the piggy and I wouldnt eat gremlin, but turkey bacon is delicious

dsturgeon

Reaction score
A molten outer core, with a cooler, more solid inner core. The inner core spins, which is why we have a magnetic field around Earth.

How was this proven, and dont say oz's magnet and weight backyard experiment or that pigmy ponies told you so

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How was this proven, and dont say oz's magnet and weight backyard experiment or that pigmy ponies told you so
It's not "proven", but:
There are no samples of Earth's core accessible for direct measurement, as there are for Earth's mantle. Information about Earth's core mostly comes from analysis of seismic waves and Earth's magnetic field. The inner core is believed to be composed of an iron–nickel alloy with some other elements.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is this what your model is?
krDJkyw.png

If so, I have an easy experiment for you:
On the equinox, at sunrise where you live, draw a straight line about 55' long on a reasonably flat surface, and plant a straight 6' long pole about a foot into the ground, pointing at the sun on the horizon. Then mark on the model the location on Earth at which the sun is directly overhead. One hour later, plant another pole 6" farther down the line, pointing at the sun. Then mark the location at which the sun is directly overhead. Repeat this every hour until sunset.

Now draw a line on the model, showing the path of the sun, then look from the end of the first pole to the end of the last pole and ask yourself why the ends of the poles are all in a straight line, and not a half circle, like they will be on the model.
Sorry...Make the poles 5 feet apart, not 6 inches. Don't ask.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Volcanic eruptions is proof of molten rock and metal.

A compass pointing north is proof of electromagnetic currents coming from a metal core.