Jane Slater: Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick were interested in Cowboys job

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would have a revolt on his hands as this team appreciates respect and not sticking to conduct standards. I still don't his kind of problems in an organization,

Jerry tamed down Charles Haley, not encouraged out of control.
Jerry doesn’t get the credit he deserves going out and getting Haley who ended up helping the team win multiple Super Bowls. I remember watching those seasons and Haley and saying to myself, “we’re not winning these games without Haley.” That’s how close in talent we were with the 49’ers at the time. The 2 best teams in the NFL at the time.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Try solving observable problems instead of pouting for success. Success comes along also...don't want to wait, don't
observable problems? Like a choking QB. You can't even look honestly at "the problems" much less offer solutions. You're just a tool in the hands of a clumsy carpenter. Look at what you built...a house that crumbles at the first real storm.

Pathetic...how can you ever fix your fingers to type that servile nonsense?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I know exactly what it means, you’ve given up. I get it, a lot of weak minded folks have done the same. Just stay away from here and spare us your incessant whining.
I was a NCO for 19 of my 23 years...I like my way better. :thumbup:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t get the credit he deserves going out and getting Haley who ended up helping the team win multiple Super Bowls. I remember watching those seasons and Haley and saying to myself, “we’re not winning these games without Haley.” That’s how close in talent we were with the 49’ers at the time. The 2 best teams in the NFL at the time.
30 years ago. He's in the HOF. We won rings. Credit enough...can we move on?

Do you want credit for tracing your hand on a paper when you were 5 years old? or have you moved on?

CCBoy

Reaction score
observable problems? Like a choking QB. You can't even look honestly at "the problems" much less offer solutions. You're just a tool in the hands of a clumsy carpenter. Look at what you built...a house that crumbles at the first real storm.

Pathetic...how can you ever fix your fingers to type that servile nonsense?
Suck butt, not everyone is as limited in observations as a cry baby. Rudy toot toot...

12 win seasons for 3 seasons...now tell us all what your secret sauce really is to eat all that crap, that now will return.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I will come back to the video when I have more time but the few minutes I listened to sounds like Slater hearsay.
Has to be at this point but she probably has it on good authority. I believe they were interested...and Jerry wants to be comfy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has to be at this point but she probably has it on good authority. I believe they were interested...and Jerry wants to be comfy.
I doubt all three were interested. It would be nice if someone in the media would provide a quote that would prove me wrong.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I doubt all three were interested. It would be nice if someone in the media would provide a quote that would prove me wrong.
I know it's speculation, but I don't think so. Jerry has shown he will bend when he's desperate...and I'm sure Bill, Jim and others wanted to see about the job. Especially since Jerry LIED TO US AS IF HE WAS DOING EVALUATION OF MCCARTHY. He never intended to evaluate McCarthy...in fact, he was hoping that Sunday would justify an extension for his buddy. And the post game presser he was already preparing us for him staying.

I don't think Jane is embellishing, I think Jerry flat out LIED.

So the owner doesn't evaluate the GM or the coach...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's speculation, but I don't think so. Jerry has shown he will bend when he's desperate...and I'm sure Bill, Jim and others wanted to see about the job. Especially since Jerry LIED TO US AS IF HE WAS DOING EVALUATION OF MCCARTHY. He never intended to evaluate McCarthy...in fact, he was hoping that Sunday would justify an extension for his buddy. And the post game presser he was already preparing us for him staying.

I don't think Jane is embellishing, I think Jerry flat out LIED.

So the owner doesn't evaluate the GM or the coach...
You can be 100% correct but I do not ever believe 'insider knowledge' unless that same knowledge sees the light of day.

HanD

Reaction score
12 wins...in a 17 game season and weak division. Tell me...what award is named "12 win season"?

THERE AIN'T ONE. It's a made-up category and consolation prize FOR LOSERS.

I REPEAT: ONLY A LOSER IS CONSOLED BY "12 WINS".
There's two viewpoints imo, we are doing well doing things not many teams achieve so let's see if we can keep improving. That's where you fall I think. I've been in that boat.

The other boat is we've gone as far as we can, I've seen enough and I'd rather take two steps back to improve than hope we do what this group hasn't been able to.

If last game was close I don't think I'd be jumping into the second boat but it was just too demoralizing. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't trust a lameduck mm and dak to get better.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
There's two viewpoints imo, we are doing well doing things not many teams achieve so let's see if we can keep improving. That's where you fall I think. I've been in that boat.

The other boat is we've gone as far as we can, I've seen enough and I'd rather take two steps back to improve than hope we do what this group hasn't been able to.

If last game was close I don't think I'd be jumping into the second boat but it was just too demoralizing. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't trust a lameduck mm and dak to get better.
I'm squarely in that 2nd boat. Time does not heal ALL...it heals some things and makes others WORSE. The problems we have will get WORSE with MM, not better.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I think I have a better shot watching TCU win a national title (even in the new portal era) than the cowboys even making it the NFC championship game anymore.