Jane Slater: Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick were interested in Cowboys job

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
I did that after the 2016 loss at home as the 1 seed (again) debacle. I haven't bought in since then.

I just follow because the Cowboys have been part of my life since I was 6 years old, but I no longer buy what Jerry's selling.

If he gets lucky and strikes gold, cool, I will have followed it. When they crap the bed like they did on Sunday I am no longer surprised. I shrug and move on.
I will admit that I got caught up in some of the positives of this season - like the emergence of Bland and Ferguson; and seeing Lamb ascend to one of the top WRs in the league. But after seeing the humiliating defeat at home against the Packers, it may have just finished any enthusiasm that I have for this team going forward. The irony was, that I wasn't even surprised that the loss happened. Until this team creates a culture whereby the players care as much about winning on the field as they do off of it (podcasts, commercials, and record contracts for accomplishing nothing), the results will remain the same.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It depends on how much Johnny Walker Blue, Jerry had yesterday!
In his age, he already couldn't sleep until direction was depended upon. Oh he was ready for talking.

I keep a Don Padron in the fridge with a salt shaker on the counter.... :thumbup:

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Good, now leave and live up to your promise.
guess reading isn't your strong suit. I said I'm checked out of the season, not that I'm leaving. Where else am i gonna go to find out when Jerry ate his final mcgriddle? Do i have to define what "checked out" means or you got it now?

jgboys1

Reaction score
In his age, he already couldn't sleep until direction was depended upon. Oh he was ready for talking.

I keep a Don Padron in the fridge with a salt shaker on the counter.... :thumbup:
I like it!
You have to drink when you are a Cowboys fan and or owner I guess!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I will admit that I got caught up in some of the positives of this season - like the emergence of Bland and Ferguson; and seeing Lamb ascend to one of the top WRs in the league. But after seeing the humiliating defeat at home against the Packers, it may have just finished any enthusiasm that I have for this team going forward. The irony was, that I wasn't even surprised that the loss happened. Until this team creates a culture whereby the players care as much about winning on the field as they do off of it (podcasts, commercials, and record contracts for accomplishing nothing), the results will remain the same.
C'mon guy...there is a ton of valid top shelf talent on this team. They worked hard to get there. One has to keep on respecting those facts.

Why did the Rams win a Lombardi and then require 'till now to return to now? There are different reasons, but those are also problems to solve. Dallas is still solving.

Creeper

Reaction score
If this is true what she is saying, that Jerry did not call any of these guys, and that they were all interested in the job, then I am going to throw up. Of course there is nuance to all of this. For example, we do not know how much control these guys would have wanted had they come to Dallas. Perhaps Jerry just figured they would want more than he was willing to give up so he didn't bother to ask. But regardless, to not look at a potential upgrade at such an important position on the team would be idiocy.

I like Mike McCarthy. I also like a lot of Cowboys players, but if I had a chance to upgrade a position on the team to help the Cowboys win and all it cost was money that doesn't even effect the CAP, I am definitely looking into it. And that's really what this is. Mike is a good HC, but Harbaugh would be a better HC. This opportunity exists now. These guys could all be coaching new teams next year so the time to strike is now.

Imagine Vrabel or Harbaugh winding up in Philadelphia or Washington. Instead of him coaching our team, we have to face him twice a year. This reminds me of when Sean Payton left to become the HC of New Orleans. A year after he left, Parcells left. We missed a great opportunity there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
guess reading isn't your strong suit. I said I'm checked out of the season, not that I'm leaving. Where else am i gonna go to find out when Jerry ate his final mcgriddle? Do i have to define what "checked out" means or you got it now?
Naw, you need coke bottle glasses, a magnifying glass after projecting onto the wall from a printed page. That's what it takes your lame butt to read English.

We can all see that even then, two sentences is too much of a struggle for you to handle.

Try football, at least one can watch and learn for discussion.

Anybody in the NFL called and asked you for an evaluation on zzzzzzzzzz Jerry? Neither did Ranching or myself. Stumble along now or just return to your two sentence insults, Homie want-a-be.

You needing a one sentence explanation now?

Shut up and talk football. Football is solved on the level of the team...not a stumbling block whipping boy and insult. Jerry is not the level of change. Waiting for your two sentence insult now, Sonnie. :popcorn: :hammer:

Praxit

Reaction score
3 seasons of 12-5. Hard to not keep that streak alive.

Post season is WHOLE other matter. Lets hope they get better players and DC that isnt into STYLE points, just plays good defense.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Naw, you need coke bottle glasses, a magnifying glass after projecting onto the wall from a printed page. That's what it takes your lame butt to read English.

We can all see that even then, two sentences is too much of a struggle for you to handle.

Try football, at least one can watch and learn for discussion.

Anybody in the NFL called and asked you for an evaluation on zzzzzzzzzz Jerry? Neither did Ranching or myself. Stumble along now or just return to your two sentence insults, Homie want-a-be.

You needing a one sentence explanation now?

Shut up and talk football. Football is solved on the level of the team...not a stumbling block whipping boy and insult. Jerry is not the level of change. Waiting for your two sentence insult now, Sonnie. :popcorn: :hammer:
you wrote all that, said pretty much nothing that addressed what i said, and the best comeback you could come up with was "Homie want-a-be"? :laugh:

Oh, look I was able to do that insult in one sentence. You have a great day....Sonnie lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
you wrote all that, said pretty much nothing that addressed what i said, and the best comeback you could come up with was "Homie want-a-be"? :laugh:

Oh, look I was able to do that insult in one sentence. You have a great day....Sonnie lol

You did nothing but insult and use your two sentences to be ignorant. Try an on line tutor to keep from looking stupid.

Get a job boy toy...stating your short comings is not even needed. You don't get respect now....give a crap. You and me, all this off season...let's go weird bait.

:hammer: :popcorn: Following your crap head lead.

Take a ball peen hammer and slam it under neath the turret of a tank...and when that tank commander comes to kick your butt, stand your ground and tell him you were looking for soft spots....:popcorn:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I guess he doesn't want to rock the boat. They had a good year, so its hard to fire the coach after that. Still its your one chance to get Belichick. If you do that I think Bill's probably only got 5 more coaching years left, he doesn't exactly have to rebuild the team, just get some more pieces, but I can see him bringing in his coaching staff. I'm not sure how that would work.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess he doesn't want to rock the boat. They had a good year, so its hard to fire the coach after that. Still its your one chance to get Belichick. If you do that I think Bill's probably only got 5 more coaching years left, he doesn't exactly have to rebuild the team, just get some more pieces, but I can see him bringing in his coaching staff. I'm not sure how that would work.
Jerry is a real man, he has pride as all men do, and wants to support his people who had good value when they joined his team. I respect him for that.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
To know Belichick and Harbaugh were interested and we just kept the same gang is sickening. i didn't think it was possible but i'm already checked out of the upcoming season.
Definitely checked out. Jerry is holding us hostage and daring us to do something about it. Best I can do is...do nothing and don't care. That's something.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Harbaugh would have this team in the NFCCG within three years.
He would have a revolt on his hands as this team appreciates respect and not sticking to conduct standards. I still don't his kind of problems in an organization,

Jerry tamed down Charles Haley, not encouraged out of control.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know exactly what it means, you’ve given up. I get it, a lot of weak minded folks have done the same. Just stay away from here and spare us your incessant whining.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Definitely checked out. Jerry is holding us hostage and daring us to do something about it. Best I can do is...do nothing and don't care. That's something.
Try solving observable problems instead of pouting for success. Success comes along also...don't want to wait, don't