Jane Slater: Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick were interested in Cowboys job

CCBoy

Reaction score
No....Garrett Sucks! I would have gone full Pappy on him!

He was too containerized and wasn't able to expand game concepts or keep up with attacking by opposing teams. The Head Coach need to he on top of game flow during game changes, even more than a good quarterback. He came from a player evaluation family in the NFL.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His record is better than Jimmy's. Some popular posters here have shown very strong support of Jimmy Johnson.

Mike McCarthy can't hold Jimmy's jock.
Ha, why would he, prep....

I'm not into hero worship when he earned his release. Vince Lombardi never went that route. Remember him?

75boyz

Reaction score
sorry 75boyz, I was talking about the nuts who suggested that Garrett was better than Tom.
Yeah,
I misunderstood it to say some here said McCarthy was better than Tom.
My bad bro.

But my McCarthy to Jimmy comparison opinion still stands regardless.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
To know Belichick and Harbaugh were interested and we just kept the same gang is sickening. i didn't think it was possible but i'm already checked out of the upcoming season.
Checked out lol, you along with myself and the rest of the puppets in here will be back next year. Rinse and Repeat bet on it!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah,
I misunderstood it to say some here said McCarthy was better than Tom.
My bad bro.

But my Jimmy opinion still stands regardless.
crazy fans. The ones who say Troy was a bus driver have everybody beat.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To know Belichick and Harbaugh were interested and we just kept the same gang is sickening. i didn't think it was possible but i'm already checked out of the upcoming season.
Good, now leave and live up to your promise.

CCBoy

Reaction score
because we are friends with like minds on here. Many of us have been on this mb since it began, came over from the defunct d.c message board. I will watch from afar but won't invest my time and energy into the team daily anymore. Its bad for my health. Im getting too old for this.
Show up and enjoy all the games...it is still football, To be entertaining all games don't have to be at a championship level.

I don't follow games and after a play go, super bowl...loser, each and every play. Then run to site and start insulting other posters and complaining.

Using the usual complaint response of 30 years, a fan should at least know how tough winning it all is. Using Jimmy Johnson as a for ever excuse, is naive as well as wrong....We can still enjoy football and our chosen Dallas Cowboys. There are many reasons for failure. Dallas just hit a team level failure. Don't give up...you have both a lot of investment and respect as well.

I was a tanker but we could deliver more death and destruction in 10 seconds than the Cartel in a life time of crime. That didn't make us bad people.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I did that after the 2016 loss at home as the 1 seed (again) debacle. I haven't bought in since then.

I just follow because the Cowboys have been part of my life since I was 6 years old, but I no longer buy what Jerry's selling.

If he gets lucky and strikes gold, cool, I will have followed it. When they crap the bed like they did on Sunday I am no longer surprised. I shrug and move on.
You don't have to buy Jerry. Accountability always rests at the top. Jerry is responsible and will take care of that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They are unemployed. Being interested in the job is not the same as they would accept it under Jerry’s guidelines.

CCBoy

Reaction score
mr Gimme--- we had some of the best coaches who know how to win available and wanted to coach for cowboys and Jerry does not even put out a "feeler"

we know without a doubt ....Jerry made north of 8 billion from 140 million investment...where his true motive is...he dont care a bit as long as he puts out

an entertaining product for most part and rake in the billions....after such a butt-whoopin' and most humiliating loss in cowboy history by lowest seed

and Jerry said lets do it again....does not get worse....we deserve all the cowboy critics to blow the horn
No clue here...he studies all coaches and teams. Jerry is a loyalty person....some times that restricts change, not respect.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They are unemployed. Being interested in the job is not the same as they would accept it under Jerry’s guidelines.
Maybe, if one fell in a swimming pool he might be wet...if he fell in the pool.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The reality is this team peaked after the Eagles win and it was downhill from there. The Washington win was fools gold. I know everyone wants to blame Dak completely and he deserves some blame, but the entire team including coaches were unprepared to play. That's on the head coach.
True, the whole team might have suffered amnesia after 18 games...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why get a new head coach when we are one simple special teams draft away from winning it all.
Sorry, Sarge, I'm thinking this one was more conflict among with a few things to blame. My number one was a defense that did not stop a good running team. That always expanded.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Show up and enjoy all the games...it is still football, To be entertaining all games don't have to be at a championship level.

I don't follow games and after a play go, super bowl...loser, each and every play. Then run to site and start insulting other posters and complaining.

Using the usual complaint response of 30 years, a fan should at least know how tough winning it all is. Using Jimmy Johnson as a for ever excuse, is naive as well as wrong....We can still enjoy football and our chosen Dallas Cowboys. There are many reasons for failure. Dallas just hit a team level failure. Don't give up...you have both a lot of investment and respect as well.

I was a tanker but we could deliver more death and destruction in 10 seconds than the Cartel in a life time of crime. That didn't make us bad people.
WELL SAID. BTW, my son is in the Army. I can kinda see what you mean.