Jane Slater: Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick were interested in Cowboys job

starfan1

Reaction score
I’d have been fine with vrabel or harbaugh but I don’t know if the hood would have been an upgrade but I could be wrong

I think game has passed him by. Maybe with a good o coordinator

John813

Reaction score
Skip Bayless has been in the industry a lot longer than 20 years. Do you take his word on Cowboy related topics as gospel? :laugh:

So somehow Slater is aware that Belichick, Harbaugh, AND Vrabel all wanted the cowboys job but somehow nobody else caught wind of this or reported it.

Belichick was prepping and breathlessly hoping for Jerry's call and we're just now finding out about it, a day after Jerry announces McCarthy is coming back.

Okey dokey. :thumbup:

There's a big difference between Bayless and Slater.
Bayless for 17 years has just been on ESPN or FS1 arguing topics for the sake of arguing. He's a television personality(troll) for almost two decades now.

I would also be willing to bet he has zero ties to the Cowboys in terms of whispers around the Star, something Jane probably has insight to, as she actually covers the team at this time.

Not saying I take Slater's word as the gospel, but that was just an odd comparison.

HanD

Reaction score
Of course not. They would actually want some power that Jerry doesn't want to give any coach.

That's why we get guys like Wade Phillips and Mike McCarthy - fired, unwanted head coaches who will agree to his terms for another chance.
I'm pissed too but this is a bit revisionist. Mccarthy was wanted in multiple places when he was hired.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Heaven forbid Dak has to learn another offense, while Jerry is in his 80s.
Lol lol see this is the biggest thing people forget about right here!! Guy already has issues why make it harder making him think harder

Doomsay

Reaction score
I’m surprised that there aren’t any local rich Cowboys fans willing to put up billboards around the city with the slater quote. I recall that happening in NJ with the Giants in my ute.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Of course they were…the cowboys are always a coveted job despite what people here say. The roster right now is also ready made to compete again, despite what some here say.

The only one that kind of annoys me is harbaugh. BB is past his prime, vrabel has promise but I’m ok passing on him.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Jane was on Rich Eisen's show and had this to say. The clip starts where she mentions these coaches.

Of course. Everybody is always interested in the Cowboys.

PR rubbish!

Fact is they did not come here and there is a reason for that.
Little hint: it is not JJ not wanting them.

bark

Reaction score
Just 3 of 500 as far as Jerry is concerned……
Besides the other 497 probably come cheaper

Majic

Reaction score
Team and set up as not been right since the day Bill Parcells left.
In coaches like Belichick,Vrabel and Harbaugh you could return to those days.
Jerry would rather lose than do that

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The team being unprepared is on the head coach.
You are saying unlogical things. You are assuming a head coach did not prepare his team to play a playoff game. That makes no sense. Your evidence is how the game played out. However, how the game played out could be more logically explained by the players' failure to execute.

75boyz

Reaction score
If he's not the solution he's part of the problem.
Yeah, theyre head scratching comments in the support Risen shows for McFatty. He's a huge Jimmy guy so it even further confuses me in how McFattys hiring has been nothing but a playoff failure.
The number one reason he was hired here.

He could win 12 regular season games for a decade for all I care. That ain't why he was hired.

But opinions vary I guess.

75boyz

Reaction score
I read on here he was better than Tom Landry. He had a better record. That's the low-IQ fans on here. sheesh....
His record is better than Jimmy's. Some popular posters here have shown very strong support of Jimmy Johnson.

Mike McCarthy can't hold Jimmy's jock either.