Jared Allen left

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Why would we want to outbid Cincinnati for Ayers?

Are we talking about a different player than I am familiar with or are we just that desperate for someone, anyone to come in and save the day?

Ayers would not impress me much beyond saying, oh, we got another body to go with the other bodies.

That's the attitude in Denver. He was sat more than once from starting.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
His wife doesn't have a cell phone? He has to fly over to meet with her just to talk? Poorly done by Jerry

just makes you want to shake your head why some people are behooved to think Jared Allen is goign to come to Dallas and magically transform thsi defense, or make our coaches better. Hes not, what are you impressed with?

LittleD

Reaction score

Are we talking about a different player than I am familiar with or are we just that desperate for someone, anyone to come in and save the day?

Ayers would not impress me much beyond saying, oh, we got another body to go with the other bodies.

To be honest, there aren't any "Big Name" free agents interested in coming to Dallas to save the day. The only way
one would come is if Jones severely overpays. Just sayin'...

DTown214

Reaction score

Ayers can play, he's not like the no name scrubs out there. If we give him the opportunity to start I garuntee he gets at least 8 sacks, probably more.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jared Allen plans to end his visit with the Dallas Cowboys without signing a contract.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Allen will head home to weigh all his options after meeting with the Cowboys Monday night and Tuesday, according to a person familiar with the situation.

There is no expectation on the 31-year-old defensive end will make a decision on his future today. He wants to discuss his options with his wife first. By all accounts his Cowboys visit went well, according to Rapoport.

Allen's current options are to join the Cowboys or Seattle Seahawks -- whom he visited last week -- make additional visits or take his ball and walk away.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-to-mull-options-after-meeting-with-cowboys

JackWagon

Reaction score
To be honest, there aren't any "Big Name" free agents interested in coming to Dallas to save the day. The only way
one would come is if Jones severely overpays. Just sayin'...

At least one other person "gets it". :) welcome aboard ... name the last big free agent to sign with any Dallas team. Beltre maybe?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I'd rather not sign him, don't want Melton for that matter either.

Rebuild through the draft, enough with these bloated contracts on vets.

Get young, and start planning for success down the road. Jerry's always refused to rebuild the right way, I'm more excited about if he's finally come to terms with what needs to be done and purge this team with youth and start over. Way more excited about that than signing a 32 year old DE who won't help with the rebuild.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
8 college teams were better last year?

gotta be honest, i think i would have taken a few of them, or a high school or two. Sorry but when a team can go the whole game without punting, that tells you on nation television, you suck. Theres no hiding that kind of sucking, i promise you. We can all be brain dead people, but the evidence was on the field and on the sidelines. Injuries included, because i hate to tell you, other teams have to deal with them. And dont start the number of injuries defense either because im going to tell you right now. most of the guys onteh cowboys, not that important if they were or were not on the field. Thats how bad it was.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'd rather not sign him, don't want Melton for that matter either.

Rebuild through the draft, enough with these bloated contracts on vets.

Get young, and start planning for success down the road. Jerry's always refused to rebuild the right way, I'm more excited about if he's finally come to terms with what needs to be done and purge this team with youth and start over. Way more excited about that than signing a 32 year old DE who won't help with the rebuild.

you stop that type of thinking right now. We need aged men with bloated contracts to make us feel better about ourselves.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ayers can play, he's not like the no name scrubs out there. If we give him the opportunity to start I garuntee he gets at least 8 sacks, probably more.

Ah. He was just undervalued and underappreciated in Denver. Got it.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
who cares, i thought people didnt want more big contracts or overblown. Allen or no Allen, Melton or no Melton, we are not one or two people away from winning anything. Let it go, our hopes for good players are pinned on the draft, anything we get in FA isnt going to last long or complete our puzzle. Nothing magical is going to come from these guys, expect for us spending money to achieve that goal. I can do that way cheaper.

Relax, all you need to count on is that the fact the Cowboys season will come and go and nothing to get excited about, nothing to hi five about. You have a gm whos dead set on not acheiving anything and hes ok with that, in fact he keeps himself in that seat to ensure you get just that. You have a HC training on the job, whats that tell you?

A few bad contracts go south so to fix that, you want to get back into bad contracts? No player is coming to dallas with the hopes of helping the team for a modest days pay, they are coming with dollar signs in their eyes like years, (hopefully) forgone, and thats it. Accept it for what it is. Our aging QB is not going to get healthier, facts and science be darned. Our best weapon is not going to propel use to the football gods pantheon, so dont get to excited over that.

You have more useless coaches, than anyone talking good common sense, and you have a aging defensive coach on the staff who still thinks the muppets will be on against MNF.

Relax, no player is going to change the culture of the locker room, change our coaches, or dare we hope do something exciting on the field.

I agree w/ some of this post, but I must say you sound a bit paranoid when you say Jerry stays the GM to keep us in failure mode. I think he's just can't face the fact that he is not a football guy and that Jimmy was the reason the team of the 90s was the team of the decade. I think even if Allen signed for what Ware did, he appears to be one of a handful of players that gave his all to his team after getting the big bucks, and I think he'd do that here.

I agree about building through the draft, but would it hurt to have a good vet to show our young players how to practice and prepare and do your best regardless of the situation? The last few years all we've heard about is the lack of leadership in the locker room; maybe that's part of the reason Ware was let go: He wasn't much of a leader, plus he's been hurt a lot these last couple of years, something that Allen hasn't been.

I say if he can be gotten for a reasonable deal, let's don't nix it until we see how the season plays out...

TheFinisher

Reaction score
you stop that type of thinking right now. We need aged men with bloated contracts to make us feel better about ourselves.

And that's really the bottom line.

It's gonna be tough for those Cowboy fans who maintain eternal optimism and have bought in every year to what Jerry is selling because now more than ever reality is setting in, but when you remove the silver and blue shaded glasses it's obvious to see this team needs to hit the reset button, especially on the defensive side.

And there's nothing wrong with that.