Jared Allen left

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I agree w/ some of this post, but I must say you sound a bit paranoid when you say Jerry stays the GM to keep us in failure mode. I think he's just can't face the fact that he is not a football guy and that Jimmy was the reason the team of the 90s was the team of the decade. I think even if Allen signed for what Ware did, he appears to be one of a handful of players that gave his all to his team after getting the big bucks, and I think he'd do that here.

I agree about building through the draft, but would it hurt to have a good vet to show our young players how to practice and prepare and do your best regardless of the situation? The last few years all we've heard about is the lack of leadership in the locker room; maybe that's part of the reason Ware was let go: He wasn't much of a leader, plus he's been hurt a lot these last couple of years, something that Allen hasn't been.

I say if he can be gotten for a reasonable deal, let's don't nix it until we see how the season plays out...

i can agree with most of this. and its a great post,

my one question is, whre does this whole vet thing come into play and is it worth its cost? Im just curious as to why this is the saying now?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Can Leon Lett still play

Good lord this is a train wreck.

its not a train wreck, its finally doing what should have been done a few years ago. At some point to have a fresh dish, you hve to remove what was left on the old dish by scraping and cleaning,.

manster1966

Reaction score
If You rebuild now,Romo will be gone before the defense is competitive. You can not win without a good quarterback. Do You not remember Quincy Carter? Sign them both and draft defense in the first 2 rounds of the draft and We can compete this year. We won 8 games last year with a historically bad defense.With a average defense, We could win 11-12 games next season.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I did not expect the Cowboys to get a deal with Allen not for what he is asking.

I don't want any of these castoff players.

We just cleaned our roster of overpaid, past their prime players.

We have to continue to draft and be smart with our cap.

That is the singular mantra.

Stay the course..improve whatever isn't working.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t expect a final decision today from top free agent defensive end Jared Allen.

The plan all along has been for Allen to fly home today after his visit with the Dallas Cowboys is finished and discuss all of his options with his wife, according to a source.

Allen’s visit with the Cowboys was for him to get a feel for the team and the coaches, the source said, before ultimately making his final decision on his future. The source said Allen is expected to make a final decision “over the next few days.”

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...d-allen-after-visit-with-dallas-cowboys.html/

TheFinisher

Reaction score
If You rebuild now,Romo will be gone before the defense is competitive. You can not win without a good quarterback. Do You not remember Quincy Carter? Sign them both and draft defense in the first 2 rounds of the draft and We can compete this year. We won 8 games last year with a historically bad defense.With a average defense, We could win 11-12 games next season.

And this train of thought has brought us nothing the past decade. Constantly chasing the "missing piece" over and over.

Time to turn the page man, there is life after Tony Romo.

The Natural

Reaction score

See the problem is 2 years ago this team won 8 games with an average defense.

Manster74

Reaction score
I'd rather not sign him, don't want Melton for that matter either.

Rebuild through the draft, enough with these bloated contracts on vets.

Get young, and start planning for success down the road. Jerry's always refused to rebuild the right way, I'm more excited about if he's finally come to terms with what needs to be done and purge this team with youth and start over. Way more excited about that than signing a 32 year old DE who won't help with the rebuild.

Thank You. My thoughts exactly!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And this train of thought has brought us nothing the past decade. Constantly chasing the "missing piece" over and over.

Time to turn the page man, there is life after Tony Romo.

Do you mean if we actually look, we might find another qb? I dont know. Could be hard, if there was just a place we could look at to do it. Wait, TR wasnt even drafted, so maybe we can look at two places, queer thoughts you are having there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't want any of these castoff players.

We just cleaned our roster of overpaid, past their prime players.

I agree but I also have no problem getting mid level players like Mincey and McClain to provide help along the DL. I hope to add some other mid tier players and use the draft to start rebuilding this defense

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

And it only took 17 years for this. I sure am glad Jerry and Stephen Jones had this epiphany. I wonder when it happened and if the Earth stood still.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it only took 17 years for this. I sure am glad Jerry and Stephen Jones had this epiphany. I wonder when it happened and if the Earth stood still.

We just have to continue to draft and run our cap well.

Continue.

Key word.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We just have to continue to draft and run our cap well.

Continue.

Key word.

We just did not draft well in the past because of, well, umm--

Look McClay is going to make all the difference.

morasp

Reaction score
Looks like our plan is to go with Bass, Crawford, Mincey, Selvie, Hayden, McClain, Kearse, maybe Spencer and hope we hit on some rookies that can produce in their first year.

manster1966

Reaction score
We went 8-8 two years ago with an average defense because Our offensive line sucked. The offensive line has been fixed. The defensive line has to be fixed now. How long did it take to find Tony Romo after Aikmen left? Do We want to have a great defense with a scrub Qb? 8-8 at best and We are right back to where We are now.