Jarvis Landry gets a 5 year deal

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Sammy Watkins/Allen Robinson say, "Hi"

Both had run heavy offenses. They are actually good wideouts and would put up better numbers than Dez in a pass first offense.

When Dallas was forced to go into heavy pass because of zeke missing Dez proved otherwise.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what QB he ends up with. The QB will still :banghead:

Because Dez will still run ****ty routes and give the QB terrible targets to try an throw to.

He will still get outmuscled by the Bradley Roby's of the world.

Tony Romo loved Dez and they had fantastic chemistry and had three dominant seasons together.

So what you’re saying is that Romo was better than any QB currently in the NFL? Because that would be so if it “didn’t matter what QB [Dez] ended up with, the QB would still :banghead:”.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Both had run heavy offenses. They are actually good wideouts and would put up better numbers than Dez in a pass first offense.

When Dallas was forced to go into heavy pass because of zeke missing Dez proved otherwise.
Hmm sure about that.

Allen robinson before last years injury was targeted over 300 times total the previous 2 years
2014 81tgts/48 catches
2015 153tgts/80 catches
2016 151/73 catches

Blake Bortles 523att/315 Completions compared to Dak 490att/308 comp

Sammy was brought in to be the dynamic playmaker people though he was for the Rams but he was rather pedestrian with 70 tgts/39 rec. He hadalmost half the reception of the #3 WR on the team.

Yet Woods and Kupp both had over 80+ targets

Sydla

Reaction score
Why? No one will pay him $16M a year after the last 3 years, dont care what kind of money is being given to Landry.

Cowboys aren't paying him $16MM a year either right now. Only $12.5MM this year and next year. And none of it guaranteed.

So yeah, he probably could find equal or a better contract if cut, and likely more guaranteed money than he is getting right now.

John813

Reaction score
Landry has over 300 catches and 3000 yards the last 3 seasons combined.

Also had 9 TDs last season. Its not like he had Brees throwing him the ball either.

Over 60% of his catches last year were either behind the LOS or within 3 yards of it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have to wonder how many people that think he's overpaid think he is making more than he's actually paid. Some people seem to be confusing his cap hit to what he's actually going to get paid this year.
Some here just like to jump a bandwagon with little to no facts. Is pretty common for both sides of an argument. A lot of "parrots"

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what team will over pay Dez now. I keep hearing he is gonna make all this money when he is released. ROC Nation better do there jobs. I would love for him to play for the Skins.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Cowboys aren't paying him $16MM a year either right now. Only $12.5MM this year and next year. And none of it guaranteed.

So yeah, he probably could find equal or a better contract if cut, and likely more guaranteed money than he is getting right now.
i think his cap hit is 16 this year

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I think teams are overpaying for the wide receiver position. The top salaries on a team should be QB, LT, DE, DT, Center, RT and Guard provided the player is elite. The game is won in the trenches and that is where the the team should allocate the resources. All the positions on the team is dependent on the O-line and D-line and of course the QB.

I would not cut Dez if I was the GM, however I would not spend money in the future on a WR, DB, or RB if the trenches and QB positions were not solidified. The Dez business has to be wrapped up soon as possible as to not become a distraction.

Go Dallas !!!

I don’t think they’re overpaying at all, it’s all about demand and supply.

Sydla

Reaction score
i think his cap hit is 16 this year

Cap hit has nothing to do with what they are actually paying him this year.

His cap hit takes into account $4MM in a prorated bonus that was already paid to him back in 2015.

He's only being paid $12.5MM this year. Not $16.5MM.

conner01

Reaction score
I have to wonder how many people that think he's overpaid think he is making more than he's actually paid. Some people seem to be confusing his cap hit to what he's actually going to get paid this year.
Yep
A big chunk has done been paid so he’s done got the money
And that hit is still there if you cut or trade him
Based on what others are getting you can argue he hasn’t been performing up to his abilities but being over paid he is not
And he’s not taking a pay cut
Heck if he cut he will probably get a raise

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep
A big chunk has done been paid so he’s done got the money
And that hit is still there if you cut or trade him
Based on what others are getting you can argue he hasn’t been performing up to his abilities but being over paid he is not
And he’s not taking a pay cut
Heck if he cut he will probably get a raise

Exactly. It's sunk money at this point.

So if you think he's overpaid at $12.5MM, I get it. I might not agree with it but one is entitled to their opinion. But if you are believing he's being paid $17MM this year, you are working with bad data.