Jarvis Landry gets a 5 year deal

jrumann59

Reaction score
I get SOME other WR's got huge paydays, but that doesn't mean it justifies anything in regard to Dez. He already signed a huge contract and right after that underperformed compared to how he performed the 1st half of his career. Just because a couple of teams signed WR's to huge salaries doesn't mean that is the going rate. Dez is getting paid enough, no need to extend things until he shows he can produce without having a perfect QB.
Well that is what sets the market. Next year OBJ will get a huge pay day that sets the WR rate every WR that signs after him will try and get as close to that number that teams are willing to pay for their "perceived" level . That is why its called market value. Robinson, Watkins, Richardson, Pryor, Hurns all signed deals what they signed for sets the market for tier 1 tier 2 tier 3 etc players.

Proof

Reaction score
Jason Witten averages 8.89 yards per reception in 2017 and some yell that he should retire.

Jarvis Landry averages 8.81 yards per reception in 2017 and some yell he deserves the big contract.

Who said Landry deserves that? (I probably missed it). But he’s avg 100 catches a yr, and set the record for most catches to start a career.
Witt avgd 35 yds a game last year, and I’d imagine that 8.89 came on 3rd and 10 a lot of times lol. Love Witt by the way

Reactions: CWR

Aven8

Reaction score
800 yards a year ago.

3 straight seasons under 1,000 yards since signing the contract.

22 straight games without a 100 yard game.

Smh.........

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
So, the Browns just signed Jarvis Landry to a 5 year deal worth $75 million, $46 million guaranteed.

Sammy Watkins is getting over $16 million per season.

Odell Beckam want $20 million per season.

And we should cut Dez....:lmao:
Yea, it has something to do with lack of production, lack of self control, gets the dropsies when your #1 WR should be a dependable go to guy when the ball hits him in the hands, blames everyone else on the sideline besides himself that he's not getting the ball enough when he has 8 targets, 4 drops and 1 rec. for 8 yards......you know crazy stuff like that......the entire world is picking on little Dezie.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
when your team has really high expectations from the owner and fan base and you don't make the playoffs not only do the coaches lose jobs so do players but this situation with dez has not been handled correctly by jerry or Stephen jones looks so messy to me

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I think teams are overpaying for the wide receiver position. The top salaries on a team should be QB, LT, DE, DT, Center, RT and Guard provided the player is elite. The game is won in the trenches and that is where the the team should allocate the resources. All the positions on the team is dependent on the O-line and D-line and of course the QB.

I would not cut Dez if I was the GM, however I would not spend money in the future on a WR, DB, or RB if the trenches and QB positions were not solidified. The Dez business has to be wrapped up soon as possible as to not become a distraction.

Go Dallas !!!
Who would the QBs throw to if WRz and RBs didn't get paid well.

By what you said u wouldn't pay Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott.

What happens if Zeke has to pick up blitz just say who cares let the OL pick up all blitzes.. BTW if Emmitt wasn't picking up blitzes Aikman would have never lasted 5 years in the league.

I really wonder what the Cowboys would have looked like if we didn't pay Emmitt, oh yeah we lost the first 2 games of the season then we signed Emmitt and won the super bowl

Yea baby 3-0, Irvin gets hurt we get one playoff win in 20 years

I bet Joe Montana would enjoy throwing to his OL instead of John Taylor, Jerry Rice or even Roger Craig

YOU PAY THE TALENT

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Yea, it has something to do with lack of production, lack of self control, gets the dropsies when your #1 WR should be a dependable go to guy when the ball hits him in the hands, blames everyone else on the sideline besides himself that he's not getting the ball enough when he has 8 targets, 4 drops and 1 rec. for 8 yards......you know crazy stuff like that......the entire world is picking on little Dezie.
OR people like to inflate BS because they don't like a player. Irvin was FAR FAR worse than Dez on the sideline and as of yet, I do not think Dez has been caught sitting on a kilo of coke trying to hide it from the police. Irvin gets a pass because of the team he played on!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
75 mil for landry....noway. fans woild kill jerry for such a dumb deal.

Proof

Reaction score

You’re a moron.

No offense

Proof

Reaction score
OR people like to inflate BS because they don't like a player. Irvin was FAR FAR worse than Dez on the sideline and as of yet, I do not think Dez has been caught sitting on a kilo of coke trying to hide it from the police. Irvin gets a pass because of the team he played on!

Or stabbing a teammate in the neck. Oops

Proof

Reaction score
Well this just signed, sealed, and delivered dez being kicked out with his bags flying right behind him hitting him right in that stubborn ole head of his.

A lesser receiver getting a bigger deal? Do you have a head injury?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So, the Browns just signed Jarvis Landry to a 5 year deal worth $75 million, $46 million guaranteed.
Sammy Watkins is getting over $16 million per season.
Odell Beckam want $20 million per season.
And we should cut Dez....:lmao:

People need to stop this silly business of comparing Dez's contract to those of WRs 25 and under. The market is just entirely different.

Dez is 29. Go look at the free agent contracts for guys 28+ this year. Last time I looked, Jordy Nelson had the biggest contract at 7.5mil.

Proof

Reaction score
People need to stop this silly business of comparing Dez's contract to those of WRs 25 and under. The market is just entirely different.

Dez is 29. Go look at the free agent contracts for guys 28+ this year. Last time I looked, Jordy Nelson had the biggest contract at 7.5mil.

Lol. He’s 32 and has had MAJOR Injuries.

who else?

Proof

Reaction score
Like I said, who else was there? Seriously asking.