Jarwin v Schultz

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry but Witten never would have missed that goal line block on the Tampa DB. And obviously never had Jarwin’s speed up the seam but found space and was a RedZone threat. I’d love to have even twilight Witten on this team and IMO he could have been the difference on that last offensive drive. I don’t get why you have to take a pop at him.

Jarwin definitely had one horrible snap, does your evaluation dig any deeper that that one play?
it was more then that he had 4 at least from memory where he offered no help on his side as blocker for pass or run ..wasnt the one obvious lay we all know shultz is the more well rounded TE yet hes too boring for you all you want guy who ant stay healthy and who only has big stats ageism the giants.. right

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let's see, Schultz gets open at a very high rate, catches the ball, and is great at YAC. Exactly how is that below average?
as NFL yes i agree they are average just jags..below average well thats just an opinion..but the recently retired and returning Gronk was the bigger difference in that game Thursday then people realize..our Tes were not..

DanA

Reaction score
it was more then that he had 4 at least from memory where he offered no help on his side as blocker for pass or run ..wasnt the one obvious lay we all know shultz is the more well rounded TE yet hes too boring for you all you want guy who ant stay healthy and who only has big stats ageism the giants.. right

I think Shultz should be no.1. I was just annoyed that Witten got dragged through the mud for his blocking after a game he didn’t play in.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I almost don't mind if he can't block well, but to not even try is a problem that is on the coaches. Jarwin had ZERO "want to" that play. At least get in the way, ala Witten.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I almost don't mind if he can't block well, but to not even try is a problem that is on the coaches. Jarwin had ZERO "want to" that play. At least get in the way, ala Witten.
thats a bit of an exaggeration,

go back and watch it , he was confused as whom to block the guy in front or too his right there were two defenders that could have made that play right near Jarwin.,he made mistake that's not effort bro, he got confused and you cant think on a play you need immediate reaction as it was fast developing and he hesitated and thats all it took..

so yes he made mistake but dont question a mans effort when you don't have the facts..id like to see some of you walk up and tell payer to his face he sucks and lacked effort..he would knock you out! maybe you would see his passion then huh?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jarwin has speed to get up the field but he seems absolutely worthless as a blocker. He reminded me of the latter years Jason Witten who just yelled Ole’ as defenders tackled Dallas players he was supposed to block for.

Schultz was a solid, if unspectacular TE last night. Made the tough catches, in traffic and had pretty good situational awareness of where the sticks were, where defenders were coming from, ball protection, etc.

It’s a one game sample size, but Jarwin is playing his way off the team as a blocker.

Cowboys made the smart call realizing Shultz is the better TE. Proved it again on Thursday.

Somewhere MarcusRock is hiding this week not man enough to take his medicine.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I dont see the clearly part. We have plenty of pass catchers. Now we dont have a Gronk, but thats about it.
I do. They come up with a catch here and there but neither is effective on the line. How long are we going to pretend they can block?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It boggles the mind that this coaching staff values jarwin over schultz for what jarwin did 2 years ago. Stop worrying about whos paid more and worry about what they can do to help win a game. recognize that we have 1 TE who can block and it's not jarwin. Schultz should be getting starter reps untill Jarwin actually earns it on the field because we all saw how efficiant and effective schultz was when given the oportunity even without the starting QB. if you are going to run this play it needs to be with schultz out wide and someone else on the line blocking or you pick another dam play.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

How does Jarwin even explain that effort in film session knowing he's the key blocker on such a critical play?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Sorry but Witten never would have missed that goal line block on the Tampa DB. And obviously never had Jarwin’s speed up the seam but found space and was a RedZone threat. I’d love to have even twilight Witten on this team and IMO he could have been the difference on that last offensive drive. I don’t get why you have to take a pop at him.

Jarwin definitely had one horrible snap, does your evaluation dig any deeper that that one play?
When one play costs your team a W then there’s no need. I’d shun that dude because that was a piss-poor effort. There was NO EFFORT.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I don't know if it was only the game plan for Tampa, or something we will see more, but there were more WR/TE screens then the cowboys normally run. I never understood, why they don't run more screens. Jarwin is good at them, and so are the WR's. I would be throwing a few to him and a few to WR every game.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't know if it was only the game plan for Tampa, or something we will see more, but there were more WR/TE screens then the cowboys normally run. I never understood, why they don't run more screens. Jarwin is good at them, and so are the WR's. I would be throwing a few to him and a few to WR every game.
Kellen just needs to make sure Jarwin doesn’t have to block.

TheHerd

Reaction score
thats a bit of an exaggeration,

go back and watch it , he was confused as whom to block the guy in front or too his right there were two defenders that could have made that play right near Jarwin.,he made mistake that's not effort bro, he got confused and you cant think on a play you need immediate reaction as it was fast developing and he hesitated and thats all it took..

so yes he made mistake but dont question a mans effort when you don't have the facts..id like to see some of you walk up and tell payer to his face he sucks and lacked effort..he would knock you out! maybe you would see his passion then huh?

haha, no doubt Jarwin could kick my azz. That's never been in doubt. In fact I bet 90% of this board could kick my sorry azz 60 year old out of shape butt. Doesn't change the fact that a professional football player should know his assignments and make a better effort. Sorry, you may disagere but that's what I saw.

blueblood70

Reaction score
haha, no doubt Jarwin could kick my azz. That's never been in doubt. In fact I bet 90% of this board could kick my sorry azz 60 year old out of shape butt. Doesn't change the fact that a professional football player should know his assignments and make a better effort. Sorry, you may disagere but that's what I saw.

to call man out that cant defend himself is a cowards statement..im saying dont accuse the man of lack of effort without facts i say he was confused on his assignment that it hesitated and the team paid for it..it happens..

disagree !!

how how the heck to YOU KNOW he made no effort that he was lazy and dint care? he simply didnt do his job..he hesitated was confused on an assignment in football on bang bang play that ruined the entire play.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jarwin is still living in your 3 touchdown performance against the Giants minds a few years ago.
Jarwin is serviceable especially for an undrafted free agent
Shultz has justified his draft slot selection.
There is a very good TE from Texas A&M coming out in 2022 that I hope the Cowboys have their eyes on.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The next 2 or 3 games will change your viewpoint on Jarwin. He can play, and has a role. He missed a full season, and is coming back from injury. It will take a few games