Jarwin v Schultz

kskboys

Reaction score
You know what's strange? That so many fans rate a player strictly on downfield ability. Nothing else matters to these downfield raters.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
At present, Schultz is playing far above "JAG" level. I'm actually puzzled as to why you'd say that about him. He's getting open at a very high rate and has shown tremendous YAC ability.
I don't know how to make it any simpler. I couldn't possibly care less about his receiving skills, as I've stated in the past. He's decent. Not great, but does a good job. It would be near impossible for the vast majority of TE's to NOT get open with the depth we have at WR. They don't put the best CB on TE's typically. They certainly don't vs. Schultz. I wouldn't describe his performance as tremendous. He's good.
What I prefer is a better run block pass protector. Especially when we're short on OL depth. And we are and will be for a few weeks. This would help where we need it - At the line and in the red zone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get it through your head, there is no Jarwin vs Schultz. They are teammates trying to accomplish the same goals of winning.
Agreed. Each has strengths and weaknesses, and neither is likely to take so much control of the position that the other is nothing more than an afterthought. I expect to see both being used throughout the season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can't allow Jarwin to recover?.....he was good before Schultz showed us something. We just don't need to expect Jarwin to be something he is not......a blocking TE.
He acknowledged that it has just been injury that has kept Jarwain from proving what he can do. I don't think he left out the possibility of that changing as Jarwin gets to play while healthy.