Jason Campbell

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
kevin11;1769944 said:
Im just comparing the %. 58.1 isnt bad at all.

Yes, it is... in today's NFL, that won't get the job done...

Its an improvement from last year.

He's gone from incredibly awful to just pathetic... yippee...

The problem is that Gibbs doesn't give JC the chance to throw pass the 1st down marker.

Maybe some day you'll wake up and figure out there's a reason WHY Gibbs doesn't give "JC" that chance... it really is funny, you guys were convinced he was the genius come back to save the Skins when Danny Boy hired him, now you're convinced he's this clueless old fossil... the only thing holding Campbell back is that clueless old fossil, according to you guys... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
kevin11;1769948 said:
okay, Your right. No average QB has ever won the superbowl?

Trent Dilfer, Kurt WArner, Big Ben, Doug WIlliams, and Mark Rypien are all great. They are elite. :lmao2:

At the very least, they're all better than Jason Campbell, so your analogy falls apart right there...

It takes a good team to win the superbowl, not a good QB.

The Skins have neither...

But, he is already turning into a decent QB.

No, he's not... not by any factual, statistical standard... no matter how many times you repeat that claim, it will still be bovine fecal matter...

They don't grade on a curve in the NFL...

silverbear

Reaction score
kevin11;1770070 said:
Campbell doesn't get rattled

9 fumbles in 9 games suggests otherwise...

and he is a good team mate.

Oh, well THAT'S all that's important, then-- he's a good team mate...

Our coaches are starting to let Campbell take control of a game.

ROTFLMAO... and he rewarded their faith with 203 net passing yards, an anemic 5.8 yards per attempt, all of 25 points scored...

And a loss...

silverbear

Reaction score
Ozzu;1770365 said:
Wow. Class is in session. Nice info there Silverbear.

These Skins homers who are hangin' off Jason's scrotum always crack me up... numbers that would cause them to laugh at any other team's quarterback are perfectly acceptable when Campbell puts them up... as another posted noted earlier, even Patrick Freakin' Ramsey put up numbers as good as what Campbell has posted thus far, if not better, yet Ramsey is widely reviled by Skins fans, even as they brag about how Campbell is "getting better"...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
This thread has turned out exactly how I thought it would when I clicked on it 20 minutes ago.

My biggest problem with Campbell is the way he holds the ball when the pocket collapses. It's brutal. As someone else pointed out, he does have a penchant for holding the ball to long, which helps lead to these stupid fumbles.

Stats and QB ratings don't always tell the entire story.

I concede the guy is young and still learning, as well as the injuries have really been a huge issue for his protection, and passing options. The game plan has certainly hampered him as well. It will be interesting to see how well he performs as his career unfolds.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I'll credit Campbell with this much, he may be the second best quarterback in the NFC East but that is only because McNabb and Ugly Stepchild manning are behind him, he looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame compared to Romo however, we have a damn pretty quarterback (I'm talking about his play ONLY:)).

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of fishing.

Some of us spent time selecting bait, patiently set the hook with the drag loose so we'd have a little fight before we boated them.........then 'Bear rolls out of bed, finally meets up with us and tosses a stick of dynamite in the water. He scoops his fish up with a net then saunters home.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
bjay1121;1776594 said:
JC picked us apart. Anyone have a different opinion now?
Yep. I do (from just 2 posts up.) He did a great job yesterday and I'm much less skeptical of his chances to be a quality starting QB for the indefinite future. I'm still not entirely sold on this one performance, mind you.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He picked Roy Williams apart. That's easier than breathing air.

bjay1121;1776594 said:

bjay1121

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1776626 said:
Yep. I do (from just 2 posts up.) He did a great job yesterday and I'm much less skeptical of his chances to be a quality starting QB for the indefinite future. I'm still not entirely sold on this one performance, mind you.

that's totally understandable, i've watched the kid play in a lot of games. no his numbers aren't great but stats can be deceiving. I'm telling you guys, this kid has a nice arm and i think he'll be a good em when it's over. JMO

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
bjay1121;1776594 said:

Nope. I saw Quincy Carter have nice games and I've seen Ramsey have nice games. I've seen Harrington have nice games. I even saw Ryan Leaf have nice games. They didn't do it over the course of a season though and their good game usually still ended up as losses because they didn't lead their team and come through in the crunch.

Campbell did ok this week and last week... but you still lost both times with Campbell's mistakes coming late in the 4th.

Time will tell on him... but he has to do a lot more than complete some passes and have 1 300 yard day against a Dallas team that wasn't fired up to play.

I realize you want gratification on Campbell throwing for 300 yards against us but you're not getting it from me because Campbell hasn't proven anything yet.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
jesusphreak;1769677 said:
Commanders fans just seem to go nuts over this guy, but I must say that he hasn't done anything to impress me. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Cowboys fan, I'm saying that because he has mediocre numbers and the Commanders offense has struggled quite a bit this year.

Have you guys seen anything to make you think that Campbell is a guy that will play for decent amount of time in this league, or is he just an average player?

I see an incredible amount of potential. I am not at all a deadskins fan, but he will be a very good qb at some point in the future. He has an arm and the intellectual capacity to run the offense. Sure he makes rookie mistakes, but he will certainly be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think JC will be a good one, maybe even a great one in a couple of years.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Its obvious that Gibbs was holding the Kid Back. Boy was he standing in that pocket tall and firing the spheroid. if the Commanders front office actually tries to build around this kid he could be a threat in the division

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
That was definitely his best game of his career. But despite it being his best game, I still didn't come away with my shoes knocked off.

They ran a fairly simplistic passing game which our defense just got abused with.

On the big pass plays, Campbell missed his throws. He had Cooley deep for an easy TD and made a poor throw--Romo nails that for a TD.

So, yeah. He threw it 50 times on short ins and outs. Got a lot of yards. But still didn't get many TDs and didn't make any big plays.

I just don't see anything special with him. He doesn't wow me. Patrick Ramsey had games like that for Washington and now he is riding the bench in Denver.

I saw Aaron Brooks have games like that, and he can't sniff the field in Oakland. Remember the games Culpepper used to have? Look at him now. I remember seeing Jake Plummer have better games, and he never amounted to crap.

In other words: JC has the physical skills to be a good QB, but it takes a lot more than that to be a franchise QB.

Perhaps most of all, it takes the "it" factor to be a franchise QB. And JC certainly does NOT have the "it" factor.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
He sure played good yesterday. I think he is coming along pretty well, but haven't seen anything that makes me think he is the next Tony Romo.